dfosterf
14 years ago
A complete failure to prioritize acquisition of quality offensive linemen for our young quarterback.

Lang is a PROJECT OT. He has great athleticism, but he is undersized by about 20 lbs. He has the FRAME to put that weight on, and probably will be induced to do so...expect great things from him when he does.

Clifton is done. We all know this. Hell, we knew it.

Colledge is average at best. On a GOOD day he is average.

Ted Thompson should be held accountable for the failure of this offensive line.

My fellow members should be held accountable for falling in love every off-season with all the ass-wipe prima-donna WR's / DB's / RB's etc.

Jamon Meredith over Duke Robinson. I want someone shot for that decision. We should have had both.

Draft ONE MORE FUCKING linebacker in lieu of fixing this offensive line and I'm going POSTAL.

Mike McCarthy FAILS to present decent schemes to compensate for the fact that our offensive line SUCKS MY ASS. EVERYONE except HIM seems to know that this needs to be done.

I WANT TO KNOW WHY. Not one of his bullshit Fred Flintstone BULLSHIT press conference pad level body type suck my male member non-answer crappy Bill Belichek wannabe non-answer press conferences.

WE HAVE STUPID FOOTBALL PLAYERS. These penalties are FUCKING killing us. We have an (apparently) STUPID COACHING STAFF that continues to allow this BULLSHIT to happen. HELL, Flintstone acts like he BARELY CARES about it.

FIX THE FUCKING TRENCH YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKERS!

imo
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

"dfosterf" wrote:

Yep, the coaching staff using a half ass version of the ZBS has nothing to do with it. There's more than person at fault for our OL issues. Ted is providing the players the staff is wanting. They have someone teaching the scheme who's NEVER played in it and only had one year of teaching under it. I think that's a problem no matter who you have as the OL players.

I think its time for Mike to for a different OL scheme next season. He's the one accountable for this OL mess.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
14 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Yep, the coaching staff using a half ass version of the ZBS has nothing to do with it. There's more than person at fault for our OL issues. Ted is providing the players the staff is wanting. They have someone teaching the scheme who's NEVER played in it and only had one year of teaching under it. I think that's a problem no matter who you have as the OL players.

I think its time for Mike to for a different OL scheme next season. He's the one accountable for this OL mess.

"dfosterf" wrote:

Ted should have told FRED, we are going in a different direction on that OLINE.

It's on Ted.
porky88
14 years ago

Well-said, Porky. The Vikings are damned impressive, as much as I hate to say it. There's nothing left to do but hope they choke it away late in the season. It's happened before.

"Greg C." wrote:

or not play them in the playoffs. Maybe someone else will knock them out and GB will advance and what not.

The Packers don't matchup well with them for reasons already stated. Ted Thompson didn't build the offensive line up and they built their front seven up to be the strength of their team.
Rockmolder
14 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

"dfosterf" wrote:

I see what you mean. And I think that you're right.

After last years struggles, though, and with no replacements for the tackle position (aside from maybe Barbre at RT), Oher would've been the way to go, if you ask me. He could've traded up two picks earlier.

At least, I asume he could've.

Of course, we wouldn't have had Clay Matthews...
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

"dfosterf" wrote:

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Ted should have told FRED, we are going in a different direction on that OLINE.

It's on Ted.

"dfosterf" wrote:

You're wrong, point blank. It falls on more than just Ted. And who the hell is Fred?
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
14 years ago
TJ Lang is a guard, btw.

Unless you want an uber zbs type LT.

That is the direction we headed.

Duke Robinson would have been the shit...comparatively, developmentally, to get away from that silly-assed "ZBS body-type" transitionally.

Friggin' unbelievably ridiculous.

I'm goin' back to wanting Oher, lol

You ass-wipes talked me outta that one, and it took some serious talkin'...

(Gopackgo, as I recall)

Mostly kiddin' about that one, I'm cool with Raji, but...

God damnit!
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Lang played tackle in college and plays tackle in the pros. He's a tackle.

Check Packers.com it says it there too.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
14 years ago

Lang played tackle in college and plays tackle in the pros. He's a tackle.

Check Packers.com it says it there too.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I have more time than you.

He damn sure didn't play tackle when it counted, now did he?

He has been listed at 316.

He weighs 307.

Go look at every other LT in this league.

The time thing?

Most scouts PROJECTED him as a guard in THIS league, not college.

Of course I know what he played in college.

Fred is Fred Flintstone. That is what everyone else calls Mike McCarthy. If no one sees why, then you scare the shit out of me.

Here is one of those projections:

Sports Illustrated 

BIOGRAPHY: Three-year starter awarded all-Conference honors as a senior. Experienced at both the left and right tackle positions.

POSITIVES: Underrated blocking prospect who displays a good amount of skill in his overall game. Quickly gets into blocks, bends his knees, and fluid moving about the field. Keeps his feet moving throughout the action, shows the ability to slide laterally in pass protection, and covers a good amount of area on the field. Makes terrific use of angles, correctly places his hands into defenders and fights with them until the whistle blows. Flashes a nasty streak and really gets after opponents. Displays the ability to block in motion.

NEGATIVES: Must improve his strength as he struggles to get any movement at the point of attack as a run blocker. Lacks the classic size for an offensive tackle.

ANALYSIS: Lang is a prospect who's fallen under the radar screen in scouting circles, yet he is a lineman with the skills and work ethic to play at the next level. He may not have the size to stay offensive tackle, yet has enough ability to be pushed inside to guard or center, and he should get looks from a zone-blocking team.

PROJECTION: Second/Third Round

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2009/draft/players/15484.html#ixzz0VfLXfWOc 
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

My point being...

I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest with my fellow members, (even you, Kev, lol)

I like Lang. HELL I LOVE Lang

He has been left hanging out to dry by my head coach in this football game that I just witnesed

Where the FUCK was his help???!!!

This is a 307 lb rookie that just got left hanging by Mike McCarthy and co.

That is inexcusable, to me.

In maybe THREE YEARS, we can do that...AFTER he has hit the weight room and put on 18-22 lbs. (I'm picky, lol)

Unreal, to me.
nerdmann
14 years ago

This hurts. This sucks.

How is it possible that BRAD Childress has built a better team than Ted Thompson/Mike McCarthy. Mike McCarthy got outcoached, plain and simple. [edit, before people get all over me, I don't mean Childress is the GM, I have just read he has a lot of say in Personnel (i.e. Favre was clearly him)]

Vikings lost Winfield and they didn't collapse, their DBs sucked big time but they still won. A few injuries isn't going to destroy them.

The penalties on us, those are inexcusable. I didn't see ONE penalty that we did not deserve, thats on coaching.

We didn't win AND had no turnovers. And the Vikings had that stupid fumble on the KR and the botched snap. And we STILL lost by 12 points. Its pathetic

Well at least we're 4-3 and still have 9 games to go and WC is still very possible. But right now this HURTS. To watch someone come in here and embarass us like that, 4 TD's, HE'S FORTY YEARS OLD!

Honestly if i was Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy, I'd be so happy about those whole Favre thing, it takes the focus off on their real problems. They should actually pray to god everyday and thank him or her for the Favre thing.

Edit, I'm sure I will calm down tomorrow but right now this just plain hurts.

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

Mike McCarthy let us down today. Like he has been doing repeatedly for years. However, today it was personal.
And he no longer gets the benefit of the doubt.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”