Rockmolder
14 years ago
A little early, I know. I'm just a draft addict.

Some interesting picks so far. Of course, no one will actually know where we wil be slotted for the draft, but still, always fun to look at.

Walter Football 

16 -Green Bay Packers: Von Miller, DE/OLB, Texas A&M

I'd love to give the Packers an offensive tackle, but they can't get one without reaching here. And we all know that Ted Thompson doesn't reach.

With that in mind, I had Green Bay take the best player available at a position of mild need. That would be Von Miller, who has exploded this year. Miller has 11 TFL and nine sacks in five games. He even beat Russell Okung a few times last week.

Aaron Kampman is in his contract year. He's really struggling in Green Bay's new 3-4 defense, so there's a good chance he won't be back. If so, the Packers will need a pass-rushing threat across from Clay Matthews. Green Bay has just five sacks on the year.

Interesting pick. Like he said, we could use an OT, but we'd be reaching on 2nd round talent with the 16th pick, which is unaccaptable. This Miller kid is more of a one year wonder so far, but I guess he is exactly what you want for a 3-4 OLB.

New NFL Draft 

15. Green Bay Packers: Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa

The Packers have some good weapons on offense including Rodgers and Grant. However, neither of these players have been protected because of the weak offensive line play. Bulaga is my 2nd ranked OT in this 2010 NFL Mock Draft and he should be an immediate starter for the Pack.

Having this tackle drop all the way to the 15th pick would be as good as getting Monroe at that pick this year. At this point, I'd be overjoyed if we could get this kid this late.

NFL Draft Dog 

12 - OT Bryan Bulaga, Iowa (JR)

One of the best offensive line prospects to come out of Iowa since Robert Gallery

Bulaga was instrumental in RB Shonn Greene setting a school record rushing for 1,850 yards and 20 TD in 2008.

Read previous comments.

Draft Countdown 

18 - Green Bay Packers: Arthur Jones, DT, Syracuse

The Packers got a great jumpstart on their transition to a 3-4 defense when they selected B.J. Raji and Clay Matthews in the first round of the 2009 NFL Draft. With that said they are still in the process of overhauling their defensive personnel to fit their new scheme and will have to devote at least one more offseason to the project. The plan is for Raji to play defensive end as a rookie but if Ryan Pickett leaves as a free agent next offseason he would probably kick inside to nose tackle. With that being the case Green Bay would need to bring in someone to Arthur Jones | Syracuse Orangemen start opposite Cullen Jenkins because Johnny Jolly is facing some serious legal troubles and first round bust Justin Harrell just cant seem to stay healthy. A disruptive force with first-rate intangibles who registered 13.0 tackles for a loss and 3.5 sacks as a junior, Jones compares favorably to Steelers first round pick Ziggy Hood and would be a nice fit as a five-technique in a 30 front. The Packers also need to address their offensive line but it's unlikely there will be a stud blocker on the board at this point.

I would be slightly dissapointed with a DE/DT at this point. Then again, I forgot all about Jolly's legal problems. We're (unexpectadly) good and deep at the D-line so far and I don't see us not resigning Pickett. That said, I guess it would be a good value pick at this point.

Football's Future 

19 - Green Bay - CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson

Adding more talent to the defense would make a lot of sense here, as the transition to the 3-4 has been a bit rocky to say the least. Some talent on the offensive line will draw interest as well, but a game breaker at RB would add a new dimension to the offense. Spiller may never be a feature back, but his big play ability and receiving skills would be a nice addition to the Packs offense.

I would like to have this kind of back *uch, Tatum Bell, uch*. A good receiver, a big play thread, but I wouldn't want to spend a 1st rounder on one. Interesting pick, though.

So, a few mock drafts. Might've gone a bit overboard, but hey, 'It's never too early....'.
go.pack.go.
14 years ago
I definitely like the idea of getting CJ Spiller, but I think we need to go OT in the first round, hands down.

The order of position we need to draft, IMO:

1- OT
2- RB
3- S
4- DL (Mainly because of Jolly's legal trouble)
5- LB

I think that RB and S are close together, but I just put RB in front. I would LOVE to have a change of pace back on our team similar to Chris Johnson.....I think CJ Spiller is just that. I'm sure we could get more good RBs in the second round, for instance: Jonathan Dwyer - GT.

I'm not sure yet as to where these players are projected, though.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago
Walter Football 

17 - Green Bay Packers: Charles Brown, OT, USC

A dream scenario for the Packers, who will be hoping for Charles Brown to fall to them toward the end of the first round. Green Bay has massive issues on its offensive line. Brown, who fits their scheme, would allow Aaron Rodgers to stand in the pocket for more than one second before getting hit.

If we'd be picking 17th overall, and this kid fell all the way to us, the draft would be a success to me, no mather what happens from there on out. Not even if we draft a punter in the 2nd.

And it surely beats the pick he had projected for us the last time. An overachieving DE/OLB who, in my eyes, would be a huge reach at 17. Don't get me wrong, good player and great fit for us, as well, but this kid...

NFL Draft Dog 

12 - RB CJ Spiller, Clemson

Blazing fast, Spiller can also return kicks and punts and is a heck of a receiver.

A human highlight film, Spiller is a threat to score every time he touches the ball.

Read my last post. I'd like to have this style of back on our roster, but I don't want to pick on this high. Not while our QB is suffering this bad because of our O-line. I know, an extra option in Spiller would help, but not that much. Great kid, but too high for me. Although having a Reggie Bush/Percy Harvin of our own would be pretty great.

The rest hasn't updated yet.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Noel Devine coming out this year?
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago
Walter Football 

14 - Green Bay Packers: Charles Brown, OT, USC

There is no question that the Packers need to find upgrades on their offensive line. Aaron Rodgers is on pace to be sacked 74 times this year. I know Rodgers holds on to the ball too long on occasion, but that number still speaks volumes about how poor his protection has been.

Charles Brown fits Green Bay's scheme perfectly.

Same pick as last time, just 3 picks earlier. I guess that we have a bigger chance of him being there. Lol.

NFL Draft Dog 

17 - OLB Jerry Hughes, TCU

Hughes (6' 2" 248 lbs) would be a perfect fit to play in the Packers new 3-4 defense.

Has been outstanding so far in 2009 recording 10.5 tackles for loss and 9 sacks.

I'd be okay with this pick. Next to O-line, a true rushing OLB is our biggest need. The kid has some talent and appears to have hsi head on straigth. If there are no O-linemen here who we could take, or slightly reach for, I'd like this one.

Draft Countdown 

20 - Green Bay Packers: Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa

Shoddy offensive line play has absolutely killed the Packers at times in 2009, which is ironic because they have actually invested quite a few draft resources on blockers over the years. Unfortunately most of those picks have been devoted to interior guys and they have neglected the tackle position. Chad Clifton is now in his mid-30s and once again battling injuries so its time to bring in a top talent to groom as his successor. Iowas Bryan Bulaga isnt the elite pro prospect that some have made him out to be, at least not yet, but he could be a factor in the mid-to-late first round if he opts to go pro after his junior season. A good but not great athlete with prototypical size and long arms, Bulaga is a solid all-around blocker who can hold his own as a pass protector and also maul in the run game. A local Midwest product, Bulaga would be an ideal fit in Green Bay, where he could begin his career on the right side before eventually replacing Clifton at left tackle. The additions of B.J. Raji and Clay Matthews in round one last year were a very good start but the Packers still need some more help on defense too as they continue their conversion to a 3-4 scheme.

We've been mocked this guy a lot. A 'solid but not elite' player is not something I like in the first round, but I think that he can progress into something special. I don't know if we'd start him out at RT. I actually doubt that. I think that he'd be thrown in the deep right away. Doubt he can take Allen (in his first year) effectively, but then again, no one can.

Football's Future 

21 - Green Bay - Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa

The Packers have to upgrade the offensive line, or Aaron Rodgers may hang them up before Brett Favre does. Hes routinely getting hit and beaten up, and I ts time for them to get him some protection.

Again. Nothing left to say on this guy.

I like the overall trust in us selecting a first rounder. I hope that Walter Football is right on this one, though. I like Charles Brown better than Bryan Bulaga.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I have no idea. He's a junior. Don't think he's declared himself to another year of college or the draft just yet. As a pretty popular prosect, though, he might want to come out this year to avoid a rookie cap.

Although I don't know how much impact that cap would make on a 2nd round pick.
dfosterf
14 years ago
Flozell  has to be about done with the 'boys. He costs a hell of a lot and he is old. Let's trade for him. Also, Herman Johnson  is stuck behind Levi Brown in Arizona, so I believe a trade could be made for him...Along with Duke Robinson.  

If our FO doesn't like this idea, then I suggest getting rid of our FO.

Flozell Adams is smallish at 6'7" 338, but he would be acceptable. :icon_smile:

We need a temporary solution for LT, and that looks like the best one to me.

Now Herman Johnson, who we should have fucking drafted last year, along with Duke Robinson (Go get him too)...Herman is not small. He is coming in right at about 400 lbs. He would be our RT.

The rest of those pieces of shit on our offensive line can fight it out amongst themselves for whatever is left. Spitz can stay. Lang can stay, the rest can kiss my ass and go to hell.

Now you can mock. Buluga is a munchkin. I think Zero is talking about some running back, which means I don't give a rat's ass if he comes out or not. Brown wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Maybe step one is getting a fucking organization that knows what to look for in offensive linemen.

Get the biggest fucking line in the NFL and start from there. Fuck it...shit can Lang too. Too small.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

I think Zero is talking about some running back, which means I don't give a rat's ass if he comes out or not. Brown wouldn't hurt my feelings.

"dfosterf" wrote:

Who the fuck asked you then? Fucking prick.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
14 years ago

I think Zero is talking about some running back, which means I don't give a rat's ass if he comes out or not. Brown wouldn't hurt my feelings.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Who the fuck asked you then? Fucking prick.

"dfosterf" wrote:

I know why you brought him up too. He's like 5 foot nothing and weighs about 170 lbs soaking wet. It's a Barry Sanders thing. Oh, ya, he's going to be one hell of an asset when one of our linemen misses his assignment (like they always do) and this little moth gets to try and stop the likes of a Jared Allen or one of HIS friends and/or contemporaries.

Fuckin' a take him with our first pick. That will fix things. Little shit isn't a scat back, he's a friggin' GNAT-back...maybe he could run between everyone's legs...lord knows there are no holes to get through.

(You are a prick also) :thumbleft: asshole.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14h) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (23h) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
now / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1h / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

21-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.