longtimefan
14 years ago
Not a rumor or insider stuff, just a person take on trading for Peppers

link 

Who might be interested? I would think the Packers might want to make a call and dangle their second-round pick, figuring there arent many teams capable of making the deal, so why bid against yourself? The Packers could use Peppers in a role that might enhance his game, getting him matched on backs as he attacks the pocket from the linebacker position. This actually might be a good marriage, assuming you could get Packers GM Ted Thompson to spend some money and get the Panthers to admit their season is over two very hard assumptions to make.

Stevetarded
14 years ago
That would be a dumb move IMO. Way too much money to spend on a player of unknown quality.
blank
DakotaT
14 years ago

Not a rumor or insider stuff, just a person take on trading for Peppers

link 

Who might be interested? I would think the Packers might want to make a call and dangle their second-round pick, figuring there arent many teams capable of making the deal, so why bid against yourself? The Packers could use Peppers in a role that might enhance his game, getting him matched on backs as he attacks the pocket from the linebacker position. This actually might be a good marriage, assuming you could get Packers GM Ted Thompson to spend some money and get the Panthers to admit their season is over two very hard assumptions to make.

"longtimefan" wrote:

Hey 93, you didn't throw away your nair and lady bics did you?

I'd still do the straight up Kampman trade for Peppers.
UserPostedImage
14 years ago
I honestly think we could get more for Kampman from a 4-3 Defense team. If we're going to trade him, limiting the trade negotiations to one team would be painfully dumb.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
14 years ago

I honestly think we could get more for Kampman from a 4-3 Defense team. If we're going to trade him, limiting the trade negotiations to one team would be painfully dumb.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

Aren't they a 4-3 with Mike Rucker on the other end. Let's get real here, Kampmann is the best trade they could make out of bad situation and we have the money for Peppers.

Also, I think it's becoming painfully obvious that the OLB science project for Kampmann is failing. He is a 4-3 DE period. Al Harris is a kick your ass at the line of scrimmage corner period. The transition to a top ten 3-4 could not happen in with our personnel in one season. But it still looks better than Vanilla Bob's D.
UserPostedImage
14 years ago
I meant to suggest that multiple 4-3 D teams could be involved in negotiations and one of those would pay more. Sorry if I didn't explain that well.
UserPostedImage
millertime
14 years ago
I'm all about spending our money on Shawne Merriman instead of Aaron Kampman this offseason.

I will always root for Kampman, but he's not right for the 3-4. Merriman would also bring somemore nastiness to our defense that, at times, lacks emotion/intensity.

That's what people don't understand about the Bart Scott signing. He was overpayed considering his talent level. But he is a nasty player who leads by example and changes the identity of your defense. The only real emotional players I see on our defense are Harris and Barnett, and for some reason, Barnett can't seem to get the men around him to be as pumped up. Probably because while he "talks the talk," his play on the field has been forgettable.

There just haven't been many great defenses in NFL history that performed at a high level without having some nasty, in your face leaders. The only one that comes to my mind would the Bucs under Dungy, but even they had some guys like Warren Sapp and Simeon Rice that could rally the troops.
warhawk
14 years ago
I don't think we need to trade Kampman. Just put his hand on the ground more and let him go. I still believe he would have ate Loadholdt alive and put #4 on his butt a few times Monday.

Especially since the run blocking studs are on the left side of their O line.

When I did see #74 rush it was usually to the inside of the T and that is just not what he does best.

I feel bad for him. I thought we we see him in a three point coming off the edge by shuffling the d line down his way much more often than we have.
"The train is leaving the station."
Pack93z
14 years ago

Hey 93, you didn't throw away your nair and lady bics did you?

I'd still do the straight up Kampman trade for Peppers.

"DakotaT" wrote:

Those were the safest words ever uttered from my mouth.. the Packers will never trade for Julius Peppers. I try to use many evers or nevers... but I feel the strongly about this. ;)

BTW.. I boxed them up and shipped them to you.. that was the other side of the wager wasn't it.. lol.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
jbshell04
14 years ago
Ok so we are all gonna make the leap that trading a guy who is having a few troubles right now in Aaron Kampman. Who works his ass of every play and has a sack and forced fumble and has defended a few passes.
For a guy who has none zip zilch nada familairity with our defense. Who takes off plays is a diva.

Get a grip folks this trade makes nooooooo sense not even in the margins

Now a trade for a couple of Oline man or maybe a Oline man and safety sure.
I am therefor I think.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (4h) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (5h) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (9h) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (18h) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (18h) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (22h) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (23h) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (23h) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.