loosenut
14 years ago
This is going to sound really stupid... but I didn't know where else to ask.

I'm going to the US in about three weeks. I'm staying around the West Coast. What I want to ask is if it's fine to wear Packers clothes in cities outside WI?

Here in Australia, people wear tshirts and jerseys of sports teams from other cities all the time and no one carse, but I have heard of a few places like Oakland and Philly where this can cause trouble.

Lots of my clothes are Packer related so I just want to make sure I'm not wearing a packers tshirt or cap somewhere that'll get me beaten up on my honeymoon :)

http://www.cosmostours.com.au/golden-west-adventure-with-los-angeles-extension_tourcode-8505_season-2009_tourid-841999_minor-82_pageview-map 

That map shows the cities I am going to. The only football city I am going to is San Francisco so i'm thinking I should be alright.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my stupid question! 🙂
IronMan
14 years ago
Yeah you should be fine. And you are correct, there are a lot of douchebag Raiders/Eagles fans, that attend games for the sole reason of showing how much of a "bad ass" they are.

Btw, I hope you have a safe/fun trip!
The_Green_Ninja
14 years ago
If you go to a city that is more obsessed with boring college football then the NFL, then you'll be fine. Outside of that though I can only assume.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
14 years ago
My only suggestion is this: If someone DOES confront you, don't react to them. Just smile and say "I'm from Australia and on my honeymoon!"
In other words, diffuse the situation right away.
I really don't think you will have any problem, but there are idiots everywhere. So just be prepared and you won't have to worry.
UserPostedImage
IronMan
14 years ago
When I went to the Packers/Colts game last year in Green Bay, as I was leaving my Hotel to go out Saturday night, a Colts fan looked at my Packers hat and said, "Someone shit on your hat." followed by him and his friends laughing.

My response, "Stay classy dude."

I thought, damn, this douchebag in IN GREEN BAY talking shit like that? He probably ended up getting his ass kicked, just like the Colts did that Sunday. LOL
Cheesey
14 years ago
If he was alone he wouldn't have had the guts to say that.
UserPostedImage
MontanaBob
14 years ago
Just a word of caution..........do not wear Packer gear in Oakland. Don't wear red, don't wear Black and don't wear Blue. Gang colors there and that city is infamous for gang wars. Drive by shootings occur just because of the color jacket or shirt you have on. Seriously!!

Go naked, you'll be safe and make lots of new friends.

Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon you'll be fine and along the west side of your trip. Vegas will be fine and on up to Sacremento. Once you head back down the coast find something neutral to wear........like a T-shirt that says "Californian's Stay Out Of Montana. We got enough Dumb-Asses Already." That way if you get harassed you can say some guy told you to wear it and by the time they figure that out, you've made your getaway.

Have fun and a great time on your honeymoon.

P.S. Ya got a fast car to drive????
Anyone for a Weenie Roast?
Packerchick
14 years ago
come on, of course you can. it is a free country. it is your right and privilege.
I am a woman and I love football.
IronMan
14 years ago

Just a word of caution..........do not wear Packer gear in Oakland. Don't wear red, don't wear Black and don't wear Blue. Gang colors there and that city is infamous for gang wars. Drive by shootings occur just because of the color jacket or shirt you have on. Seriously!!

"MontanaBob" wrote:

LOL
Rockmolder
14 years ago

"IronMan" wrote:

LOL

"MontanaBob" wrote:

Seconded. LOL.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (11h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (12h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (13h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (13h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (14h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (17h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (17h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (20h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (20h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
32m / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.