Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
14 years ago
no way should give up 5 sacks to ANY one player.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
zombieslayer
14 years ago

The only thing I'm worried is the o-line that's it that's all. I just hope they can improve or else this season is as good as our o-line.

"shield4life" wrote:

Well, I got 2 things I'm worried about:
1) our joke of an OL,
2) the fact that we got schooled by a mediocre RB that da Bears didn't want.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
TheEngineer
14 years ago
For the love of God... didn't anyone else read the fact that the Bengals know the 3-4 defense well? It wasn't surprising in the least that the defense struggled today. Capers have said that there's not going to be anything the Bengals haven't seen before. If we wanted to win we needed to have executed well. That's exactly the type of thing we're not doing as a football team. Executing our plays. We're not going to win against teams familiar with the 3-4 without execution.

As for the offensive line, again they were horrendous. I would split the blame 60-40 between the offensive line and Aaron Rodgers. For many a play, the offensive line couldn't hold Odom and we are getting ripped around the edges at the tackle positions. But even when the offensive line did clear out some time, Rodgers looked like he was desperately avoiding throwing the interception and holding the ball too long but the hits he's taking is going to start taking their toll.

For the next game, we must get Quinn Johnson in to play FB and have a decent lead blocker that Grant can run behind. Raji should be ready to go as well, which should provide us with a more stout front 7.

In the end, it still comes down to the offensive line. Couple that with some personnel changes, I think we'll see some improvement.

I'm not too worried about the Packers at this point. This was a tough loss, but we're surprisingly putting in some more grit near the end of games. That's always nice to see.
blank
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
14 years ago
Hmm...I wonder....TheEngineer makes a good point about having a decent lead blocker.

Gives me an idea. Especially if Clifton is out for awhile, what if the Packers go to some 2- and 3-FB packages and just send the fullbacks careening forward in search of pancake blocks?

I remember a couple years ago I thought McCarthy was an innovative genius. Where did the McCarthy who brought us the Fab 5 and the inverted wishbone go?
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
zombieslayer
14 years ago

Hmm...I wonder....TheEngineer makes a good point about having a decent lead blocker.

Gives me an idea. Especially if Clifton is out for awhile, what if the Packers go to some 2- and 3-FB packages and just send the fullbacks careening forward in search of pancake blocks?

I remember a couple years ago I thought McCarthy was an innovative genius. Where did the McCarthy who brought us the Fab 5 and the inverted wishbone go?

"Wade" wrote:

I'm starting to think Mike McCarthy is dead and his doppleganger is a retard. He hasn't done anything intelligent since '07, when he was one of the best and the brightest.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
El3ment12
14 years ago
Benson was getting 5 plus yards like every play. Of course we are gonna lose
coltonja
14 years ago
I agree with everyone on the o-line aspect. Our run game was doing well in the first half then what happened? I really don't know maybe too predictable play calls? But that made our offense 1 dimensional in the second half, and our one dimension wasn't even succeeding.

Another thing that I have not seen mentioned. What about our field position? We started at least 80% of our drives inside the 25. I know that could be taken as the norm, but our special teams needs to give us a shorter field. AND STOP THE OTHER TEAM FROM GETTING A SHORTER FIELD. Their punt returns were killer.

Two huge points imo were:
1) O-line was horrendus
2) Special teams were very bad
UserPostedImage
Thanks to pack93z for the sig!!!
shield4life
14 years ago
What are the possibilities that maybe we should let the .. what was it again zone block for the o-line go and just get back to the thing we use to do before we started that. Also what about hiring a new OL coach any possibilities it might be coaching issues instead of players talent issues?
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
porky88
14 years ago
The defense was beaten by a very smart QB. Carson Palmer played this game perfect minus the poor interceptions which I think were more good plays by Woodson than bad throws by Palmer.

It's week two. The Packers haven't been 2-0 for three straight years since the 1930s so history wasn't on their side.

If GB can fix their offensive line, they'll get going. Defensively, you have to expect games like this every now and then especially when you play a QB that is capable of reading the defense and making the necessary audible. Favre, Roethlisberger, and Romo will give this defense problems.

The gameplan was also very easy going defensively. It wasn't like it was with the Bears and to be fair, if Clay Matthews actually contains on a 3rd and 34, Green Bay gets the ball with good field position and a tie game. A rookie mistake played a huge factor as to why this game swung Cincy's way in the 2nd half.

It's not time to panic at all. GB was going to lose games that a lot of people penciled in as Ws and they'll probably pull a game out that everyone had penciled in as an L.

That's the NFL.
RainX
14 years ago
No excuses for this loss. We pretty much got beat in almost every facet of the game yesterday. That being said, I'm not going to throw in the towel after one bad performance.

I think how we come out and play against the Rams will give us a good indication of where this team really is at. They know as much as anyone they need to come out and have a good performance as the Rams are still a pretty bad team.

I'm hoping after these two games though that Thompson is strongly considering picking up the phone and getting Tauscher back in here. He might not be ready to go right off the bat, but it wouldn't hurt to have him finish his rehab with the team in hopes we could possibly get him back after the bye week. Guys like Dietrich-Smith are probably going to be inactive most game days anyways, so cut one of these inactive reserves and get Tauscher in here and ready to play. He certainly can't hurt imo.
blank