Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago

last year aaron wouldnt have pulled it out

"nyrpack" wrote:

With all due respect, this is some completely misplaced bullshit. Last year Rodgers pulled it out several times, but then the defense completely collapsed. In these situations, he had all of two interceptions the entire year! The difference is that this game, the Packers gave the ball back to the Bears with time on the clock and our defense came up with a turnover. That is what probably would not have happened later in the season last year (though it certainly happened a couple times in the earlygoing).
UserPostedImage
Trippster
14 years ago

We had to put up with so much stupid shit about it that in that sense it was gratifying.

"Dulak" wrote:

Thats exactly how I felt.

From barbre poor blocking, to our poor running game, to miss firing passes and catches, combine that with refs whom got paid off by the bears, and missing so many 3rd down conversions, then to see our secondary get beat a few times in the long plays.

For most of that game I felt my best friend was getting the snot beat out of him and then at the last moment he pulls a bruce lee move that knocks his opponent out.

"dfosterf" wrote:

Now come on....not everything is a conpsiracy! As an official in another sport I can say that their integrity is everything. While one ref might be rogue (guy from NBA) there is no amount of money that could buy off the entire crew.
"Let Your Light Shine!"
14 years ago
Unless we're talking Notre Dame. Then the conspiracy is true.
UserPostedImage
Packers_Finland
14 years ago

We had to put up with so much stupid shit about it that in that sense it was gratifying.

"Dulak" wrote:

Thats exactly how I felt.

From barbre poor blocking, to our poor running game, to miss firing passes and catches, combine that with refs whom got paid off by the bears, and missing so many 3rd down conversions, then to see our secondary get beat a few times in the long plays.

For most of that game I felt my best friend was getting the snot beat out of him and then at the last moment he pulls a bruce lee move that knocks his opponent out.

"dfosterf" wrote:

Come on on the ref blaming already. Bunch of BS. The illegal contact one was the only one I saw that I disagreed with. Exepct maybe Al Harris' PI on the game sealing INT. You see, you are oblivious to the non-calls our team gets.

Then there's the two Chad Clifton penalties, which I'm not sure of cause I did not see the replays (if there even were any).
This is a placeholder
Cheesey
14 years ago
Sometimes the calls go for you, sometimes against. I also thought they could have flagged Harris on the last INT.

And like has been stated, last year if you gave our D the lead with over a minute to play, they would have blown it. Thats a HUGE difference in what happened Sunday.

Also.....I don't remember what thread it was in, but it was about "gadget plays". I stated how i missed how on 3rd and short Bart Starr would fake a handoff and throw a bomb. And then here, thats just what happened to win the game!
Just call me "Nostrildamus!"LOLOL!!
UserPostedImage
14 years ago

Sometimes the calls go for you, sometimes against. I also thought they could have flagged Harris on the last INT.

And like has been stated, last year if you gave our D the lead with over a minute to play, they would have blown it. Thats a HUGE difference in what happened Sunday.

Also.....I don't remember what thread it was in, but it was about "gadget plays". I stated how i missed how on 3rd and short Bart Starr would fake a handoff and throw a bomb. And then here, thats just what happened to win the game!
Just call me "Nostrildamus!"LOLOL!!

"Cheesey" wrote:

I was sitting in section 108 so that last pass came straight toward us. Before the play I turned to my dad and said, "Play action to Jennings."

I am not complaining about any of the calls, but I have to say... I am NOT seeing this PI that you all think could have been called on that last INT. He didn't run through him, he ran to the side of him after the guy cut off his route, and the contact was negligible as Harris went for the ball. That's textbook defense and in no way shape or form illegal. Next you're going to tell me that any contact on a hail mary in the endzone is PI.
UserPostedImage
Wamzlee
14 years ago

I am NOT seeing this PI that you all think could have been called on that last INT. He didn't run through him, he ran to the side of him after the guy cut off his route, and the contact was negligible as Harris went for the ball.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

Agreed. I think people just assume Harris is a physical player these days and does everything to disrupt the passer and refs hate that. But this time, I think Johnny Knox literally falling and his back on his own was hysterical, and I believe Knox thought Harris was behind him and was attempting to draw a PI against him by falling into him. I assume that if Knox had gone forward though, a PI would most likely have been called.
blank
Cheesey
14 years ago
I myself don't say it WAS PI....only that a ref COULD have called it.
They made calls on other plays that i thought were MUCH more "iffy" then that one.
Of course I'm glad they DIDN'T call it.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
14 years ago

Ok i know everyone is waiting for my comments but sadly to say i actually fell asleep during the 3rd quarter and my friend called me up to say Damn your Packers are going to win right after Rodgers threw the pass. I am happy for him but the part that took me by shock was me telling my friend to watch we will get another int and sure enough bang.

I have read all the comments in here and i say its hard to give a good read on our team. The defense gave up alot but then turned the Bears away i think 3 or 4 times inside the 20.
But also i seen Rodgers missing wide open wrs in the 1st 1/2 and they were passes he made in preseason. We had drops and very bad RT play.

Also we missed an early fg which i was worried about. Now the question is Are the Bears defense the toothless defense alot were calling them or are they actually that good?

Once again i can't give my full opinion on the game cuz i did fall alseep early in the 3rd quarter.

"Stevetarded" wrote:

So basically Rodgers didn't get enough stats for you to give him any credit and it wasn't enough now to simply win the game.

"dhazer" wrote:

I bolded what i said about Rodgers and that i was happy for him and i commented on what i did see him play. You have to admit our offense didn't look very good in the 1st 1/2 and our defense which was our weakness was actually our strong point. Once again i'm happy for Rodgers that he got that monkey off his back.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago

Ok i know everyone is waiting for my comments but sadly to say i actually fell asleep during the 3rd quarter and my friend called me up to say Damn your Packers are going to win right after Rodgers threw the pass. I am happy for him but the part that took me by shock was me telling my friend to watch we will get another int and sure enough bang.

I have read all the comments in here and i say its hard to give a good read on our team. The defense gave up alot but then turned the Bears away i think 3 or 4 times inside the 20.
But also i seen Rodgers missing wide open wrs in the 1st 1/2 and they were passes he made in preseason. We had drops and very bad RT play.

Also we missed an early fg which i was worried about. Now the question is Are the Bears defense the toothless defense alot were calling them or are they actually that good?

Once again i can't give my full opinion on the game cuz i did fall alseep early in the 3rd quarter.

"dhazer" wrote:

So basically Rodgers didn't get enough stats for you to give him any credit and it wasn't enough now to simply win the game.

"Stevetarded" wrote:

I bolded what i said about Rodgers and that i was happy for him and i commented on what i did see him play. You have to admit our offense didn't look very good in the 1st 1/2 and our defense which was our weakness was actually our strong point. Once again i'm happy for Rodgers that he got that monkey off his back.

"dhazer" wrote:

Yup. And yeah, he did overthrow his receivers deep twice or something. His receivers dropped 3 or 4 balls in one game as well. 2 by Driver. The offense just didn't seem to gel like they did last year and in the pre-season. I hope that it was just a one time thing.

Getting pressured and hit on every second play can do some things to your rhytm, confidence, release and throwing arm as well, though. I think I'll chalk this one up to that for now.

I'm glad that he has this stat under his belt. It seems obsolete to me, as he has done this quite a few times before with our defense/ST screwing him over, but it does add to his confidence, I can imagine. And, of course, there's one less reason to bash him.

Loved that he showed his toughness again as well.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (4h) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (8h) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (11h) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (13h) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (14h) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

16h / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.