Stevetarded
14 years ago
Was there any word on his actual injury or was it just a "save a spot on the roster" injury?
blank
beast
14 years ago

Was there any word on his actual injury or was it just a "save a spot on the roster" injury?

"Stevetarded" wrote:

His been injured basically the whole preseason with a back injury. He finally got back the Sunday before the Titans game so that's what four practices which he was at two of them were probably easy with the Sunday one said to be easy and the one before the game.

Then in the Titans game he injured his knee (I think it was him... I'm getting my CB injures mixed up with Lee, Blackmon and Underwood all having injures (which has made Bush the #4 CB (according to Packers.com depth chart)

But yes Lee had a real injury.... not sure how bad it was... I don't think it was bad enough to knock him out a year but knock him out for a couple of weeks was possible.... or just knock him out of that game is possible too.... so IMO it was to because he is injured, because he hasn't shown he can be health for a long time, being he's very talented when healthy and to save a roster spot.....
UserPostedImage
IronMan
14 years ago
Tom Pelissero called is a "significant knee injury"

http://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/3824303326 

CB Pat Lee, placed on IR with a significant knee injury, declined all interview requests. Obviously very disappointed.

all_about_da_packers
14 years ago
As Pelissero conjectured previously: if it is an MCL sprain then you're looking at least a month, closer to two months before Lee would even have a chance to be active for a game.

I think it's likely it was an injury that would've knocked Lee out for a month or more. Had Blackmon and Underwood not been injured, then you are maybe think about keeping Lee active and waiting the month out.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
beast
14 years ago

Had Blackmon and Underwood not been injured, then you are maybe think about keeping Lee active and waiting the month out.

"all_about_da_packers" wrote:

I agree.... also right now Bush is listed as 2nd team at DB on Packers.com depth chart... with Blackmon and Underwood on 3rd team. I'm kind of hoping we don't have to see Bush cover somebody at CB... then again the Bears' don't have the best WR but still.
UserPostedImage
all_about_da_packers
14 years ago

I'm kind of hoping we don't have to see Bush cover somebody at CB... then again the Bears' don't have the best WR but still.

"beast" wrote:

For what it is worth, I think Bush is an underdog to thrive in this zone system.

The players in this zone scheme are better served having greater athleticism - something you can't teach. Bush has a ton of that and more left over. Believe it or not, I'd be willing to guess Bush has grade out quite highly because he has been assignment sure. The dude has done a solid job, IMO.

I think he should naturally play dime back for this team, and not because Smith was cut but because Bush has proven that he can be trusted with some responsibility.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Greg C.
14 years ago

As Pelissero conjectured previously: if it is an MCL sprain then you're looking at least a month, closer to two months before Lee would even have a chance to be active for a game.

I think it's likely it was an injury that would've knocked Lee out for a month or more. Had Blackmon and Underwood not been injured, then you are maybe think about keeping Lee active and waiting the month out.

"all_about_da_packers" wrote:

Yes, I think it must be a fairly serious injury. I'm disappointed, because I thought Lee had a chance to be a good kick returner this year and maybe have an impact as a DB next season. Now he's shut down for the whole year and will miss out on a lot of game experience, which is what he needs most.
blank
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago
Knee injuries, I hate them, Gives me flashbacks and mine wasn't that bad.

Was pretty ugly when they replayed it during the game. Worst is that was the best Kick return I have seen all preseason from the Pack. Could have stumbled onto something and now he is out.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
bozz_2006
14 years ago

Knee injuries, I hate them, Gives me flashbacks.

"PackFanWithTwins" wrote:

Same here, my man. ACL + MCL + PCL + meniscus = bozz in a bag of hurt.
UserPostedImage
Greg C.
14 years ago
Here's some more specific info about Lee's injury, from Saturday's online edition of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:

According to a league source, cornerback Pat Lee was put on injured reserve because the earliest he would have been back from a left knee injury was mid-October.

Lee, playing in his first exhibition game after missing three weeks with a back injury, suffered a knee bruise late in the Tennessee game. The bruise was diagnosed as a six-week injury, which would have put Lee somewhere near the middle of the season before he would return.

Before he injured his back Aug. 6, the coaches were very excited about his play.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/57576057.html 
blank
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (18h) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (22h) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.