Pack93z
14 years ago

There are a few technical problems with that bar.

No seat backs. I get goin' (read drinkin') and I'm a "leaner-backer" as in tipping the stool back on it's hind legs. I am sure you have heard of the term "tipping point"...well now you are going to learn where that term came from...

Once ol' Dfosterf reaches his "tipping point", he usually goes backwards, which brings us to the 2nd technical difficulty viewed in the photo of your watering hole...

Isn't that a non-padded carpet on the floor? Based on experience and skill, I will have no problems hitting the carpeted section, but that still looks like a very likely candidate to hurt my head...(the next day, anyway)

Bar box looks good... How's the felt and cushions?

:sign5:

OK- Not NFL ready, for discussion purposes...jeez, you are so friggin' nice all the time... I bet when you get some assclown subordinate under-performing you take him aside for a nice piece of remedial coaching or some-such with a lovely dose of mentorship and peer-review yada yada yada

Me? Likely to shoot the bastard and shove another one into the breech.

j/k about that also. :thumbleft:

"dfosterf" wrote:

On the bar.. one of the best pool tables in the county.. as far as the back rests.. that is why they have a couple of tables set up by the windows.. for those that need the support.. best part is the hotel rooms are a hallway away from the saloon.. need not travel far.. lol.

Like Hawk, I keep looking back to Brohm in college where you seen a poised confident QB making NFL type throws.. the difference to me is in amount of time they have had to get comfortable and more notably their position.

A freaking "thumper" has a minimal amount of reads on a play post snap and his job is to attack instinctively from there.. for as much as I freaking despise the percentage of clowns that man the QB position... they have to breakdown a play on the fly for a deeper count on most plays.. so I tend to give them a little more developmental time.

It is also why I try to give offensive lineman more time to develop, a good lineman has to read the defense from snap to whistle.. unless they continually can't freaking get the basics down and look like an overgrown fudge nugget time and time again until their fourth freaking year.. seems like he finally figured out the laws of leverage... imagine that in his contract year.. freaking Boise State converted TE.. lol.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
ILikeThePackers39
14 years ago
Brohm's certainly a nightmare at this point - and he does tend to suck the rest of the team down into his hole with him.

I would certainly agree that he and Flynn (especially if he's hurt) are not the most confidence-inspiring backups - and while Aaron has shown that he's got the guts and toughness to play through injury, there are injuries that occur where playing through them is not an option. Not something GBP fans have had to deal with for almost 20 years, but most QBs get injured.

But: Who else is out there and available who'll be a dependable backup? I'm asking, because I simply don't know - I hear us all saying "Oh man, we need a better backup QB", but is there someone out there who's better, available, and willing to be a backup? If so, I'm all for getting that guy, via trade or whatever's necessary.

Brohm could still be good - 93z's right on that. Rodgers would have been his own nightmare if he'd had to hit the field much before he did. But this is not a year in which he'll be good - he's got some ways to go before then.
blank
PackerTraxx
14 years ago
I'm disappointed with Brohm at this point, but I would also most cetainly give him another year.

As far as getting another backup QB, I'd take my chances with Flynn. If a team has to play most of the season with their 2nd or 3rd string QB just about all are SOL, unless they already suck. I'd sooner see Flynn get the experience.

My hope is that our backups develop so we can trade for one or two good draft picks.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
DakotaT
14 years ago
I don't think he has the arm strength to play in GB (wind, cold). Therefore, he should be sent packing. The funny thing about him is that if he would have come out in 07, he probably goes top 10 in the draft.

Matt Flynn is going to be a very capable backup quarterback for many years. The other roster spot is a waste you consider the kind of deserving players that should be retained instead of a quarterback that is very seldom ever used, and if he should get in the game wouldn't play the following week because some kind of transaction would occur Monday morning after the injuries.

Brian Brohm = waste of a second round pick. Thanks alot Ted!
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
14 years ago

Brian Brohm = waste of a second round pick. Thanks alot Ted!

"DakotaT" wrote:

This I try not to say. I liked the pick at the time, and as has been discussed in so many ways, Ted is not armed with the benefit of hindsight, coupled with the fact that Pack93z and others could still be right.

I DO think I have earned the right to a legitimate beef in this arena, as I like to bitch about it "at the time", contrasted with down the road...it is my own personal criteria for "authorized bitching". I wanted Colt Brennan way before he was eventually taken in the 6th round by the Redskins, and if only Ted had liste.... Which really makes me more wrong than right, because I wasn't "on" or "off" Flynn--I was clueless on Flynn.

So, instead of going down that path, let me take this opportunity to give you my "bitch-authorized" selection for THIS year---NOW---not a year from now.

My official 608th reference to him... Duke Robinson, guard, Carolina Panthers, taken one pick after Jamon Meredith at 163. Bitch number one... Should have taken Duke instead of Jamon. Bitch number two, perhaps a bigger one...should have used our alloted time frame when picking at 162 to get the 163rd pick so we could get BOTH.

Bitch number three would be the whole move up/ draft value chart for Clay, but that is getting nit picky and all I'm really trying to say is that hindsight is 20/20 and by God everyone that practices it needs to tell me about THIS year's bitches, not last years....or at least both...

This is all a very personal opinion and everyone is fully entitled to their own brand of frustration.
DakotaT
14 years ago
You know a sarcasm smiley would sure do a forum some good, but if I don't get my ass chewed by Dfoster or 93Z, the day is just not complete.

Bottom line is Brohm sucks. I learned this lesson with the Ahmad Carroll experiment. I held out hope until the very end, even when Tromadz called the ball long before.

Brohm can take his noodle arm, jump on Harrells back and they can walk down to the Greyhound station for the $99 ride home. They are both wasted picks and I can't believe we have to cut good young players in lieu of these guys.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
14 years ago
Dakota-

I probably shouldn't have even quoted you, because I definitely know we are on the same "side"....

I think the best way of saying it as that I used that post as a "foil" ---

or as the equivalent of "straightman" in a comedy routine...

(shut up Nick, lol)

If you thought I was directly accusing you of being one of those hind-sighters I spoke of, that is a mistake on my part for using your post as my "vehicle" to get my oft-repeated message out.

Sorry.
DakotaT
14 years ago

Dakota-

I probably shouldn't have even quoted you, because I definitely know we are on the same "side"....

I think the best way of saying it as that I used that post as a "foil" ---

or as the equivalent of "straightman" in a comedy routine...

(shut up Nick, lol)

If you thought I was directly accusing you of being one of those hind-sighters I spoke of, that is a mistake on my part for using your post as my "vehicle" to get my oft-repeated message out.

Sorry.

"dfosterf" wrote:

I'm not one of these "sensitive" fellas. I actually like seeing you guys riled up. Your best posts come that way.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago

You know a sarcasm smiley would sure do a forum some good, but if I don't get my ass chewed by Dfoster or 93Z, the day is just not complete.

Bottom line is Brohm sucks. I learned this lesson with the Ahmad Carroll experiment. I held out hope until the very end, even when Tromadz called the ball long before.

Brohm can take his noodle arm, jump on Harrells back and they can walk down to the Greyhound station for the $99 ride home. They are both wasted picks and I can't believe we have to cut good young players in lieu of these guys.

"DakotaT" wrote:

Quoted for future use.. lol..

Speaking of which.. did you upgrade your winch yet to pull your ass out of that ravine your gonna find yourself in retrieving my game... lol..
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
DakotaT
14 years ago

Quoted for future use.. lol..

Speaking of which.. did you upgrade your winch yet to pull your ass out of that ravine your gonna find yourself in retrieving my game... lol..

"pack93z" wrote:

Do I have to shoot it for you too? I'm sure your cataracts are taking over by now.

I thought we were saving the retreiving job for Dhazer?
UserPostedImage