Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
14 years ago
okay, how come my reply is listed before the post it quotes and reply to. And why does it say I have to wait to applaud nonstopdrivel? Ahem.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
dhazer
14 years ago

I look at Matt Flynn as our career backup quarterback. Not a bad gig, hold a clip board for your whole career and end up a millionaire. He's Doug Pederson all over again.

"Greg C." wrote:

That would be a pretty typical fate for a QB taken in the 7th round, but you are being way too hasty. I've heard that he's looking much better this year than last year. Let's see what he's got.

As for Brohm, I'm not feeling much better about him than you are, but I'd like to see what both these guys look like in their second preseason before writing them off.

"DakotaT" wrote:

I really don't think a round matters when it comes to players, there is a certain 6th round draft pick that has done pretty well for his team. 3 super bowls and a MVP i think would qualify for a good production for a 6th rounder. Yes i'm referring to Thomas Brady.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago

But researching him and signing him are two completely different marks on the level-of-interest scale and, as of right now, sources say, the Packers are in a holding pattern, intrigued by the possibility of adding a premier athlete but nowhere near the stage where they feel it necessary to pursue him.

"RainX" wrote:

This is what I've been saying for days, but now that a journalist backed by anonymous sources says it, it suddenly has perceived credibility. 😉 All right, all right, enough whining.

Woodson said he does not condone what Vick did, but he said he has no preconceived notions about what kind of person he is or whether he would be poison in the Packers' locker room.

Blah, this is the kind of limp-wristed, afraid-to-offend-anyone kind of platitudinous political correctness I despise most. I firmly believe in the adage that you are what you do. Yes, we all make mistakes, but mistakes are lapses in judgment stemming from a lack of knowledge. Investing in the wrong stock before it takes a nosedive is a mistake; engaging in insider trading to the detriment of other investors is not a mistake. Likewise, running an interstate dogfighting ring over more than half a decade is not a mistake -- it's a deliberate, concerted choice.

If you believe that dog fighting is wrong, then have the moral courage to come out and state so plainly. Don't try to couch your disapproval in a way calculated not to offend anyone.

Again, if Vick makes the Packers better, bring him in. If he doesn't, then let him rot on the free-agent market. But for heaven's sake, don't be afraid to be frank and candid with him. He's a grown-ass man. If he's not man enough to take your disapproval, he's not man enough to play on the frozen tundra.
UserPostedImage
nickb364
14 years ago
Report: High level Packer visited Vick

I think we should just get him, there are pros and cons though.

If we have some kind of package for him we can use, I'm all for it.. and if we do install the wildcat in some way, shape or form.. I definitely want this to happen.

I agree that this is also kind of an awkward move because we just got rid of all the Favre drama once and for all (hopefully) -- however, even before the speculation, I felt that Vick deserved another shot.. and if it's the Packers that DO sign him, I wish him the best of luck.. this was probably already discussed but did anyone catch NickBarnett's thoughts on his twitter page?

Here are a few:

🅱

I been doing some reading of a couple articles and seen that we are very interested in vick!!!! That's a good thing man he is a versatile

7:49 PM Aug 4th from TwitterFon

Don't get me wrong am not saying replace Rodgers!!! No f..ing way am saying great backup and possiable wildcat deal.

8:06 PM Aug 4th from TwitterFon
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
14 years ago

okay, how come my reply is listed before the post it quotes and reply to. And why does it say I have to wait to applaud nonstopdrivel? Ahem.

"Wade" wrote:

Bend in the space time continuum, silly. It happens all the time, so to speak.

ahem.

:thumbleft:

Other (perhaps) more plausible reasons-

You posted when life's circumstances caused the switch from the new host back to the old host (Am I bringing up that space/time thing, yet again? I know not)

There is also a delay built in to prevent going willy-nilly with the applause button. I forget the parameters, but essentially no willy-nilly, in non-tekkie lingo.

Next time this happens pick us both up a couple of winning lottery tickets, will ya?
Pack93z
14 years ago
Well apparently Ted has talked directly with Mike on this issue.. :lol:

Just another guess.

Souce of Course.. 

Most overblown story: The Michael Vick soap opera lingered, but the fact is hes not coming to Green Bay. I wish Ted Thompson would say that publicly, but in staying consistent with his policy of not revealing information about personnel decisions, Thompson allowed this tall tale to fester. Some media outlets tried hard to run with this story, but its all sizzle and no steak. Yes, the Packers checked Vick out like every other potential free agent, but no, they arent serious about signing him.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
14 years ago

Next time this happens pick us both up a couple of winning lottery tickets, will ya?

"dfosterf" wrote:

I'll try. Yesterday I matched exactly zero numbers. What they never tell you on Stargate, Farscape, StarTrek, etc. is how to pick the correct hole in the space-time continuum.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
nickb364
14 years ago
EVERYONE CHECK OUT THIS IRONY:

THIS DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD*

Mike Vick leads the Falcons to a 41-28 win over the Broncos (and what a game he had)

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=27019&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&season=2004&week=REG8 

Watch the game RECAP

Two dog references (mutt & bone) in a 2004 game's recap -- way before Vick was convicted!

Imagine being Vick, just getting out of prison.. heading home and when he gets there, he checks out his game logs/highlights from his earlier days in the NFL. Man that's weird.. who knew a nfl.com video could be so taunting.
UserPostedImage
porky88
14 years ago

Well apparently Ted has talked directly with Mike on this issue.. :lol:

Just another guess.

Souce of Course.. 

Most overblown story: The Michael Vick soap opera lingered, but the fact is hes not coming to Green Bay. I wish Ted Thompson would say that publicly, but in staying consistent with his policy of not revealing information about personnel decisions, Thompson allowed this tall tale to fester. Some media outlets tried hard to run with this story, but its all sizzle and no steak. Yes, the Packers checked Vick out like every other potential free agent, but no, they arent serious about signing him.

"pack93z" wrote:

Yeah I read that this weekend as well. I'm not sure that this is even a soap opera. The Vick coverage is nothing compared to the Favre coverage both this and last year. So PETA protests. Who cares and it's not like Vick is going to come and take our dogs.

The more I think about it from a football standpoint, the more I think it wouldn't be a terrible idea.

Imagine 3rd and 3 and you have Vick in the game as an option to throw or run. It certainly provides an added dimension to the offense and gives the Packers probably a higher percentage chance of converting those 3rd and shorts. Let's face it, 3rd and short was a tough down on the Packers a year ago.

I've been reading around and I can't believe the lack of knowledge there is from some Packer fans and other football fans. Some actually believe Vick's signing would be an indication of how the Packers feel of Rodgers and others acts as if Vick is going to sign for big money in terms of pro football standards. It's mind-blowing.