wils0646
14 years ago

Trying to interpret one of his neither-yes-nor-no answers is a waste of time. All it means is he doesn't want to share anything.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

I have a feeling Thompson is an awesome poker player. I know I'd be scared to sit at the same table with him.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Yeah no thanks. Zero tells and that cold stare. Ugh.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

I bet he hoards all the money he wins and doesn't spend a dime on upgrading his wardrobe during the offseason.

Topic related:

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/08/04/packers-charles-woodson-would-welcome-michael-vick-in-green-bay/ 

Packers' Charles Woodson Would Welcome Michael Vick in Green Bay

"Nah. Not at all. What happened with Mike Vick is unfortunate, but he's done his time. He's had to take responsibility for that," said Woodson, the former Heisman Trophy winner and a five-time Pro Bowler who has become one of the spiritual leaders of the Packers and is among the most influential players in the locker room.

"If he were to come here, we're all grown men, and we would have to accept him as a teammate, if that were the case," Woodson said Tuesday night before the Packers' scrimmage at Ray Nitschke Field. "To have him, that's another weapon. We understand that.

"We know that people have their dislike toward Vick. We understand that. But at the same time, he's a man. Men make mistakes. To have him here -- I don't want to speak for anybody, but I would welcome him.

"I'm trying to win a championship. So what anybody says outside of [this team], I don't care anything about that."

The Pack Will Be Back.
dfosterf
14 years ago
Charles Manson never killed anyone. I always thought he had a way with words, and I have never been pleased with the public speaking skills of our FO.

I used to be an avid hunter, so I have done my fair share of killing animals over the years.

We have a whole mess of cute little bunny rabbits living in our neighborhood. One of them in particular has been straying way too close to my front door.

I think the next time he does, I'll go out and beat that little friggin' bastard to death with a baseball bat.

I mean, it isn't like he's a human, or anything, and if I get caught, I'll just say that it was the mistake that it truly was.
NormaL
14 years ago

bullshit

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

soulless prick.

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

uh...durrrr...

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

FUCKED

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

hell, people fuck up.

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

why the hell not?

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

a fucking dog-fighting ring

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

the fuck?

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

christ.

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

pretty fucking easy

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

jesus christ. that fucking twitter

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

you drooling asstards

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

I just might need a mop from drooling over all that classy posting....."LOL!" :thumbright:
UserPostedImage
You want to finish your career here?
Favre: "Definitely. If in two years, say, they want to trade me, I'd probably walk away. Retire."
Pack93z
14 years ago

bullshit

"NormaL" wrote:

soulless prick.

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

uh...durrrr...

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

FUCKED

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

hell, people fuck up.

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

why the hell not?

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

a fucking dog-fighting ring

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

the fuck?

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

christ.

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

pretty fucking easy

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

jesus christ. that fucking twitter

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

you drooling asstards

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

I just might need a mop from drooling over all that classy posting....."LOL!" :thumbright:

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

Agreed, that could be toned down a couple notches..
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
14 years ago
oh, sure. sorry. onward christian soldiers.

*eyeroll*

I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

bozz_2006 wrote:

4PackGirl
14 years ago
yikes!
Pack93z
14 years ago

oh, sure. sorry. onward christian soldiers.

*eyeroll*

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

One can make their point very efficiently without using profanity in every post or labeling members because they have an opposing view.

Is their view any less valid than yours because they find Vick's actions offensive, or that they don't think we need to distraction.. or whatever their basis of views shall be?

Since the basis of a forum is based on perspective and opposing viewpoints, I think the answer is no.

Yet you continue.. a simple toning it down a little isn't censoring your view or opinion.. just slowing down your escalation into labeling other members..

We get it.. you want Vick on the roster and his past digressions matter not to you. But they very well might matter to Thompson and the Packers since they are the ones that will be on the hook.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
14 years ago

Since the basis of a forum is based on perspective and opposing viewpoints, I think the answer is no.

"pack93z" wrote:

my eyes are going to roll right out of their sockets, man.

look, this has nothing to do with opposing viewpoints. it has to do with people playing childish semantic games with my choice of descriptors for Vick in an attempt to discredit my own view. nothing but cheap-shots, really. and it's not like i'm sitting here breathing fire, dudes. it's just smack-talk and words.

if yr so worried about the gravity of certain words, i'd ask why you do not have a word filter? if a certain word doesn't bother you once...why would it bother you twice? some fuzzy rational there.

EDIT: and no, you don't get it. i don't *want* Vick on our roster. i simply think it would be smart and wouldn't cry about it from some righteous ethical viewpoint.

I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

bozz_2006 wrote:

Pack93z
14 years ago

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

look, this has nothing to do with opposing viewpoints. it has to do with people playing childish semantic games with my choice of descriptors for Vick in an attempt to discredit my own view. nothing but cheap-shots, really. and it's not like i'm sitting here breathing fire, dudes. it's just smack-talk and words.

if yr so worried about the gravity of certain words, i'd ask why you do not have a word filter? if a certain word doesn't bother you once...why would it bother you twice? some fuzzy rational there.

EDIT: and no, you don't get it. i don't *want* Vick on our roster. i simply think it would be smart and wouldn't cry about it from some righteous ethical viewpoint.

"pack93z" wrote:

Said nothing until the "Asstards" comment came out... in re-reading through most of the posts in the thread, most are open to the idea if Thompson and the front office see the value in it.

No fuzzy logic.. just a string of increasingly aggressive posting towards the opposing views.

Listen, I am not opposed to having Vick on the roster if those in the discussion think that he can do 3 things.

1) Help the team.. from the outside that seems like he would give us additional options and another choice in the backup QB battle.

2) That he accepts his role on the team, as a role player and not the "man".

3) That those that talk with him are convinced that he has changed or more importantly that he won't come to embarrass or distract this ball club.

Nothing more than that.. there are some that will hold a negative opinion of him for his actions.. how can one say that isn't their right to hold such an opinion?

Again.. we get yours, which is your right.
dfosterf
14 years ago

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

"pack93z" wrote:

We do not have a word filter because people understand and respect the fact that we try to moderate this forum lightly, trying to treat everyone like an adult until proven otherwise. Your words, for example, were not "ignored". They went through the filter of the moderators own good judgement on the matter, weighing the impact of the points you are trying to convey with the methodology you chose to employ. When Pack93z advised you that it would be a good idea to tone it down a notch...There is your word filter, friend. If Pack93z says the same thing to me, I am going to listen to him, and I suspect vice-versa.

Bottom line, instead of worrying about what this site has or does not have, take the advice and tone it down a notch, OK?