RaiderPride
14 years ago
I admire the wisdom here on Packers Discussion.

I would just like to see if the forum members can name JUST ONE.

Just one "Young First Year Starter" as an NFL QB, who has gone through more bull shit, fish bowl-looking glass, playing field, locker room scrutiny, hell hole opportunity, to make a first time, first year impression, that put up the numbers and stats that Aaron put up last year.

I just want to learn here... I need to know who has gone through more, and came out better than Rodgers did last year.

There is a great deal of NFL Historical Knowledge in this forum.

So... Go ahead and make the list.

Serious... Think about it... Think about what Aaron has gone through, and name ONE QB in NFL History who has handled it better, and put up better numbers.

There has to be one out there.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
mi_keys
14 years ago
Steve Young in his first year starting put up phenomenal stats and had to deal with people who still wanted Montana. I was too young though to really know how bad it was in terms of the pressure put on him and what not. Also, he had quite a bit more game experience than Rodgers when he finally got the starting job. So I don't know how exact the comparison is but it was one that came to mind.
Born and bred a cheesehead
14 years ago

Steve Young in his first year starting put up phenomenal stats and had to deal with people who still wanted Montana. I was too young though to really know how bad it was in terms of the pressure put on him and what not. Also, he had quite a bit more game experience than Rodgers when he finally got the starting job. So I don't know how exact the comparison is but it was one that came to mind.

"mi_keys" wrote:

Yeah he started something like 10 or 11 games and played in somewhere around 50 games.
UserPostedImage
dd80forever
14 years ago

Just one "Young First Year Starter" as an NFL QB, who has gone through more bull shit, fish bowl-looking glass, playing field, locker room scrutiny, hell hole opportunity, to make a first time, first year impression, that put up the numbers and stats that Aaron put up last year.

I just want to learn here... I need to know who has gone through more, and came out better than Rodgers did last year.

Serious... Think about it... Think about what Aaron has gone through, and name ONE QB in NFL History who has handled it better, and put up better numbers.

"RaiderPride" wrote:

A-Rod has had a tough gig?

Are you kidding?

First off, he was a first round draft pick who was allowed the time to sit behind ones of the best QB's ever for several years and then GIVEN the starting job.

The fans were aware how hard it was going to be to follow Favre LONG before Favre left. When the time came a good portion of fans over-corrected and now coddle him as he is a new born baby.

How bout a 5th round draft pick who has to step in and actually earn himself a starting job. How about a first year rookie thrown into a starting position on a terrible football team. How about Matt Cassell who had to step in on the fly in place of Brady. If you think he had it tough, I would say thats insane. He has had an easier road to the NFL than a good portion of QB's have traveled.

He played decent for a first-year starter but he's had plenty of time in the system and failed to deliver in some clutch situations. He is defended by some like an over-protected child for NO other reason than he followed Brett. He could also do himself a favor by shutting his mouth at times because he comes off as a spoiled little brat.
blank
DanJustDan29
14 years ago

"dd80forever" wrote:

A-Rod has had a tough gig?

Are you kidding?

First off, he was a first round draft pick who was allowed the time to sit behind ones of the best QB's ever for several years and then GIVEN the starting job.

The fans were aware how hard it was going to be to follow Favre LONG before Favre left. When the time came a good portion of fans over-corrected and now coddle him as he is a new born baby.

How bout a 5th round draft pick who has to step in and actually earn himself a starting job. How about a first year rookie thrown into a starting position on a terrible football team. How about Matt Cassell who had to step in on the fly in place of Brady. If you think he had it tough, I would say thats insane. He has had an easier road to the NFL than a good portion of QB's have traveled.

He played decent for a first-year starter but he's had plenty of time in the system and failed to deliver in some clutch situations. He is defended by some like an over-protected child for NO other reason than he followed Brett. He could also do himself a favor by shutting his mouth at times because he comes off as a spoiled little brat.

"RaiderPride" wrote:

From everything I have read, he has been defended because others always have a grudge and let their grudge persuade them on their feelings about him.
Teamwork is what the Green Bay Packers were all about. They didn't do it for individual glory. They did it because they loved one another. -Vince Lombardi
bozz_2006
14 years ago
Great Point, RP. You start the best threads.

I don't know if it was worse than what Rodg has went through in the first year, but I certainly think it's worse overall... Donovan McNabb has put up with more irrational hating, unfair scrutiny, and just plain headaches than any QB I can think of. I am shocked SHOCKED that he is going to extend his time in Philadelphia. Clearly he is a masochist.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Terry Bradshaw.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago

Great Point, RP. You start the best threads.

I don't know if it was worse than what Rodg has went through in the first year, but I certainly think it's worse overall... Donovan McNabb has put up with more irrational hating, unfair scrutiny, and just plain headaches than any QB I can think of. I am shocked SHOCKED that he is going to extend his time in Philadelphia. Clearly he is a masochist.

"bozz_2006" wrote:

Oh, yes. I still can't believe that he didn't flee after the first 5 years full of hating fans and what not.

Anyway, I agree with Steven Young. The situations are nearly identical. He had to win a SB to win a lot of fans over. Maybe the same will be true for Rodgers. Just wait untill we have an Alex Smith at QB and fans will be looking back at two great QBs if Rodgers keeps playing like this.
IronMan
14 years ago

Terry Bradshaw.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

dingus
14 years ago
He's also hated for no other reason than he followed Brett Favre DD80.

Young is a bad example, he started for 19 games for the Bucs before being traded to San Fran.
blank
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (9h) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (9h) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (13h) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (22h) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.