IronMan
  • IronMan
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
14 years ago

[img_r]http://tancast.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/arguing_on_the_internet.jpg[/img_r]It's not about your unintelligent points, it's about your lack of common curiosity 😛.

And the only reason I post that is to lighten the place up. Because everyone cares about a lonely person the internet whining 😛.
But still, that ban offer is still on the table. XD.

Added image to illustrate poster's point. -- NSD ;)

"The_Green_Ninja" wrote:

Its stuff like this that makes me embarrassed to be a part of this forum. And dd80 is right; since it is an "insult" against him, it will be tolerated. Even though dd80 has NEVER broke any rules or participated in any name calling, he is apparently fair game.

Its pretty bad when the owner of the forum starts a thread calling dd80 a "Sniveling bitch", and in then has the nerve to say that dd80 doesn't treat people with respect.

Now, a moderator stoops to the level of posting a picture of a handicapped child to "insult" dd80.

I have called out dd80 before for his irrational dislike for Aaron Rodgers, but I did it respectfully. I really wish everyone else would do the same. But when moderators and admins are the worst offenders, it doesn't really set a good example for everyone else.

You guys really need to check yourselves.
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
Good point. I'll delete it. I'll be sure never to repeat this mistake. Thanks for giving me a good kick in the ass. :whipitgood:
UserPostedImage
4PackGirl
14 years ago
over
the
top!!!

and should be obliterated from the site, imho. :pain10:
TheEngineer
14 years ago
http://packershome.com/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&p=68751#68751 

It's not surprising that people degenerate into name calling and insults, because the basic argument has been lingering for a year now. It's perpetuated for all of several reasons but the only consistency is that we choose to do so. But if we stopped there'd be nothing to discuss. Sometimes I'm glad I have university exams that demand my attention. Wait, no, no I don't. Exams suck.
blank
Pack93z
14 years ago
At first I was going to remain silent upon this thread because the initial post outlined the subject pretty well.

However, after a little thought, I feel I must include my two cents into the topic as well.

There are some aspects of humor or attempts at humor that have no business being advocated on a fine site like this. I care less if it is posted in the back alley or wherever, some offensive or potentially offensive humor is just plain wrong.

IMO of course.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

Its stuff like this that makes me embarrassed to be a part of this forum. And dd80 is right; since it is an "insult" against him, it will be tolerated. Even though dd80 has NEVER broke any rules or participated in any name calling, he is apparently fair game.

Its pretty bad when the owner of the forum starts a thread calling dd80 a "Sniveling bitch", and in then has the nerve to say that dd80 doesn't treat people with respect.

Now, a moderator stoops to the level of posting a picture of a handicapped child to "insult" dd80.

I have called out dd80 before for his irrational dislike for Aaron Rodgers, but I did it respectfully. I really wish everyone else would do the same. But when moderators and admins are the worst offenders, it doesn't really set a good example for everyone else.

"IronMan" wrote:

dd80 has never participating in any name calling? Are you serious? Calling me a coward is not name calling?
dd80 has never personally attacked anyone? Are you serious? Saying I'm being defensive when I'm trying to keep a thread on topic, saying I'm a coward, calling me other names as well is not personally attacking in nature?

Does dd80 get it more than others, yes, obviously because he's in the minority on his views. YET, he continues to PUSH them views and that is what is great about his posting. The bad part is how he comes across IN his posts. It's not his message, its not his opinion, its not his theory, its his delivery of them that rubs people wrong.

Even with all the disrespect he has flung me if he had EVER taken the time to talk to me privately and address this with me, it would have been focused on and handled in his favor. However, he refuses to do anything of that nature. He gets a piece of shit flung at him, he grabs one ten times bigger and flings it back and then cries about it when it gets throw back at him yet again.

So this poor dd80 is getting the raw deal is garbage. No one is forcing him to be here, no one. If the things being said to him bother him or he wants the changed, he needs to contact me and I assure you, I will listen to him open mindedly and do what i can to make his experience here better.

As for the sniveling bitch topic title, I have changed that and have addressed that already. As well as admitted it was wrong.

Now what happened here I do not know and I hope someone can fill me in with detail.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
14 years ago
I'll tell you my feelings.

If I owned a site, and a member called ME the names DD80 has called Zero, he would have been gone a long time ago.

I feel Zero has been MORE then gracious when allowing differing opinions, or out right attacks on him.

He gave it back, and i can understand it completely. Like i said, if i was the one paying for this place and someone treated me that way, they would be gone permanently. Thats just my opinion of course.

Zero has allowed me to post my feelings on politics, religious beliefs, and so on. And even if he disagreed with me, he allowed me to speak my piece. This place is NOT "free". It is to US, but NOT to him. He does not HAVE to allow "free speach", thats up to him. And yet he DOES allow it. My hat is off to him. And if DD80 had any respect, he would realize he is in someone else's house, and should show appreciation with it, even if he doesn't AGREE with the owner.

As far as the "retarded" poster, i think way too many people are getting upset over something thats not really THAT big of a deal. Be honest, have any of you ever muttered the "R" word when they were ticked off? Or any other slur? Yet we get all huffy when someone posts something like that. Yes, it's in bad taste, and i wouldn't do it. But i also know i have said stuff under my breathe that i would'nt be proud of. And unless your name is Jesus, I bet you ALL have too.
I have seen fat people used as "humor", and yet no one gets all worked up about that. I have been fat for a long time, and i don't sit in front of the TV eatting 5 bags of Doritos every day. But i can laugh at that stuff too. The world is so busy trying to be "PC", they let the REAL issues go by without doing anything about them.
Yeah......it's a rant. But it's how i feel.
UserPostedImage
The_Green_Ninja
14 years ago
Woah hey, I didn't post the photo, so please take off my name 😨.
UserPostedImage
IronMan
  • IronMan
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
14 years ago

"SlickVision" wrote:

dd80 has never participating in any name calling? Are you serious? Calling me a coward is not name calling?

"IronMan" wrote:

He ONLY called you a coward after you started a thread for no reason to call him a "sniveling bitch"

What did he do to deserve that? As far as the "other names" he has called you, show me. I think you are exaggerating, but perhaps you can prove me wrong. I don't remember any name calling from dd80 prior to your sniveling bitch thread.
Cheesey
14 years ago
This is Zero's site.
He can play it any way he wants. Whether he is right or wrong, he OWNS the place.
Heck, i was abused by Brett's pilot on the BF site. What he did to me was 1000 times worse then anything i have seen Zero do to anyone here. I never even got a CHANCE to say how i felt, or insult Favre's pilot and i was axed.
Heck, fact is, Zero could axe someone for no reason at all if he wanted to.

Don't misunderstand. I'm not saying name calling is ok. But the guy who makes the rules and pays the bills has final say. And if i, or anyone doesn't like it, they have a free will and can leave.
Just my 2 cents worth.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
beast (12h) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.