Rockmolder
14 years ago

You can't trade Driver or Harris. They have too many years on them for another team to offer you very much for them.

Even an old starting QB starts off as only a 4th round pick.

You would have to offer Jennings plus other players to get Bolin.

"wpr" wrote:

Why would we give the other players along with Jennings? They have a disgruntled player, which usually means a smaller asking price. With that, Jennings has improved every single season so far. Who know where his ceiling is. Bolding is 28, which isn't that young for a receiver, especially with his playing style.

Jennings for Boldn would be a fair trade I think, in this situation. I just don't want it to happen though. I like Jennings. I like him a lot. I don't want Ted Thompson to let him go or trade him, really.
zombieslayer
14 years ago

hey where can I look at these stats zombie? (linky)

"Dulak" wrote:

2005 - Allowed only 1 TD in coverage.
2006 - Allowed 1.5 TDs in coverage.

It didn't say the stats for '07 and '08, but he didn't play that many games in '08.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Harris 

This second link said he only allowed 3 TDs in coverage in '07 and '08 combined. I don't know how accurate it is:
http://www.newswiretoday.com/news/23282/ 

The other thing to keep in mind - Al Harris rarely gets Safety help. If you compare him to other CBs in the game, I'm sure he gets much less than the average starting CB.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
RaiderPride
14 years ago

Since some folks were whining like a virgin after prom night

"DakotaT" wrote:

Yikes! I reckon you do not have a daughter in high school.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
14 years ago

You can't trade Driver or Harris. They have too many years on them for another team to offer you very much for them.

Even an old starting QB starts off as only a 4th round pick.

You would have to offer Jennings plus other players to get Bolin.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Why would we give the other players along with Jennings? They have a disgruntled player, which usually means a smaller asking price. With that, Jennings has improved every single season so far. Who know where his ceiling is. Bolding is 28, which isn't that young for a receiver, especially with his playing style.

Jennings for Boldn would be a fair trade I think, in this situation. I just don't want it to happen though. I like Jennings. I like him a lot. I don't want Ted Thompson to let him go or trade him, really.

"wpr" wrote:

You could be right Rock. Being younger would have to count for something in the "deal". I just meant that trading Driver would not get Boldin. It would take a WR with more long term potential.
Looking at it from Arizona's point of view they would be asking for more.
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
14 years ago
I say stick with receivers we have now, we would have to give up too much for him. We would probably have to give up Jennings, and why do that if he is just as good and he is also younger?
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
14 years ago

I say stick with receivers we have now, we would have to give up too much for him. We would probably have to give up Jennings, and why do that if he is just as good and he is also younger?

"go.pack.go." wrote:

exactly!
UserPostedImage
packersfan101101
14 years ago
I would definitely not even consider giving up harris and driver. These guys are 2 of the teams most important players. I dont think i would even try to get him, i think are receiving squad is one of the best in the league.
brandon jackson is amazing
DakotaT
  • DakotaT
  • Select Member Topic Starter
14 years ago

Since some folks were whining like a virgin after prom night

"RaiderPride" wrote:

Yikes! I reckon you do not have a daughter in high school.

"DakotaT" wrote:

I meant the boy. Spend all that money, girl doesn't put out. Guy's frustrated.

I have three daughters, and shotgun to protect each one. The razor wire goes up on the fence when Hannah turns 12.
UserPostedImage
Trippster
14 years ago

First off Boldin wouldn't play in Green Baye because he wouldn't get the money. Also has Jennings made the mistake and signed a contract extension yet? I don't think he has so how can you say we would have a great tandem for years to come.

Why i wanted Crabtree is to cover if Jennings leaves to free agency, before you guys get your panties in a bunch, listen to the reasoning i see Jennings leaving plain and simple. The NFL is a business and with an uncapped year next year Jennings will be offered a ton of money we won't match. If somehow Jennings signed an extension he would be one of the stupidest players in the nfl. We drafted Crabtree he would be just as good as Jennings and we would still have Driver. How does Driver and Jones look to you folks now?

"dhazer" wrote:

First off, Jennings would not be the stupidest player in the NFL as there is no such word as stupidest. He might be considered the most stupid or more stupid.

Why is it you cant get past Crabtree? Same with Favre and Thompson?

I am sensing a pattern here that is a little unnerving. an inability to accept change and the present.

Have you had any restraining orders put on you lately? j/k :icon_smile:

We already have one of the strongest receiving corps in football. Why would anyone feel the need to strengthen what is already considered a major strength. A football team, as is with any type of team, is only as good as it biggest weakness. That is how you improve a team, from the weakness on up. I feel that Thompson has been slowly been doing that. It is not a one, two , or even a four year project. It takes a while and I feel we are headed in the right direction.
"Let Your Light Shine!"
dfosterf
14 years ago
After a careful, in-depth analysis of various scenarios that might have possibly come to fruition, coupled with various reasonable prognostications resulting from the decision making process, I have personally concluded...

Dhazer:

We t o o k Raji, not your boy Crabtree...

Nah nah nah nah nah, nah We t o o k Raji...

Nah nah nah nah nah, nah.

(Sung to the tune, Nah nah nah nah nah, nah.)

j/k
:birdman: