IronMan
  • IronMan
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
15 years ago
[youtube]UfmLqFLx1qg[/youtube]
Rockmolder
15 years ago
It keeps telling me that an error has occured.
dfosterf
15 years ago
Worked fine for me. The more I see and hear about and from this young man, the more impressed I am.
bozz_2006
15 years ago

"Rockmolder" wrote:

when did youtube develop an opinion on whether Ted gave up too many picks in the trade-up for Matthews?
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
15 years ago
I can't wait until the season to start so that I can see what he can do. Preseason should be fun.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
15 years ago

"bozz_2006" wrote:

when did youtube develop an opinion on whether Ted gave up too many picks in the trade-up for Matthews?

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Damn fascist youtube owners.

Anyway, it works for me now. I really like the kid. He seems to be quite intelligent aswell. I know that that isn't the most important thing in a football player, but I like it when a player is smart.

That's my only knock on Raji aswell, but then again, he's a good kid, which is more important than smarts.

Anyway, I see him working out in this scheme aswell. He's a good 3-4 and 4-3 OLB, which I realy like.
dfosterf
15 years ago
As to B.J. Raji and his "smarts."

My number one request from young Mr. Raji is that I get to watch him put Adrian Petereson square on his keester, smartly.

Now Rock, I know you have an excellent command of the English language, but there lurks in the back of my mind the thought that you may be somewhat unfamiliar with the word as I have used it in this context.

For your edification and my enjoyment, I have included a primer, courtesy of the fine folks at Webster's dictionary:

smartly
One entry found.

Main Entry:
1smart Listen to the pronunciation of 1smart
Pronunciation:
\smrt\
Function:
adjective
Etymology:
Middle English smert causing pain, from Old English smeart; akin to Old English smeortan
Date:
before 12th century

1: making one smart : causing a sharp stinging2: marked by often sharp forceful activity or vigorous strength <a smart pull of the starter cord>3: brisk, spirited <a smart pace>4 a: mentally alert : bright b: knowledgeable c: shrewd <a smart investment>5 a: witty, clever <a smart sitcom> b: pert, saucy <don't get smart with me>6 a: neat, trim <soldiers in smart uniforms> b: stylish or elegant in dress or appearance c (1): appealing to sophisticated tastes (2): characteristic of or patronized by fashionable society7 a: being a guided missile <a laser-guided smart bomb> b: operating by automation <a smart machine tool> c: intelligent 3
smartly adverb

I have colorized the high points of the effect I seek :icon_smile:
djcubez
15 years ago
Smart, solid kid. Hopefully that transfers to the field.
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
So when he was a Freshman he was actually 220. I read/heard he was 161.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
15 years ago

So when he was a Freshman he was actually 220. I read/heard he was 161.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Here's the whole story.

LINK 

Clay Matthews: 6-1 165 high school junior to 6-3 246 NFL draftee
Incredible story. Clay Matthews Jr., once a 6-1 165 pound high school junior whose coach dad didn't even start him at Agoura High in California, will hit the NFL as a 6-3, 246 pound first round draft pick. In between that the player walked-on at dad's and uncle's alma mater USC to join the incredible line-backing crew as a DE.
There must a few million 6-1 165 pound high school kids walking around out there. Start lifting weights, eating healthy, and dreaming of the NFL -- although you may not have the genetics of Matthews -- because you too could be a first round NFL pick...if you know the right people.
As a junior at Agoura High, Matthews was 6-1 and weighed about 165 pounds. His body ached from growing pains and his father, the team's defensive coordinator, declined to start him.
"His mom was giving me the business, but he wasn't ready," the elder Matthews said, chuckling. "He wasn't very big and he wasn't very strong."
Matthews continued to grow during his senior season but drew interest only from local community colleges.
Rather than pursuing that route, Matthews told his father he wanted to walk on at USC, where brother Kyle was a walk-on safety in 2003.
Matthews showed up at unknown weight at USC; by 2005 he was listed as 6-3 225. Not bad gains over 3 years from high school: 165 to 225, although he does sport a 6-3 frame. By 2008, USC listed Matthews at 246. That's 81 pounds of weight (muscle) on Matthews since a junior in high school (over 6 years), which is probably not unheard of for college linemen; for a linebacker to retain or increase speed while packing on 80 pounds, that's fantastic.
What's in the water at USC? Someone test it, especially in the off-season; those are super-human gains. Matthews and companion linebacker Brian Cushing overcame false rumors they tested positive at the NFL combine for roids, so they must be clean, right?
Not that we know USC for Mark McGwire, Brian Cushing, the Ting Bros, and other incredible muscle-gaining strories, not at all.

Fan Shout
dfosterf (58m) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (59m) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (1h) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (20h) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (23h) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.