Rockmolder
15 years ago
This guy is shooting up the mock drafts. I've even seen us picking him. According to the NFL.com scouting report, he compares to Marcus Spears. He's a pretty solid 3-4 DE, someone I wouldn't mind having on the line together with Jenkins. That would make for quite a good D-line. Even with a mediocre NT.

This does seem like quite a reach though. One draft even has him taking us over Raji. This might make some sense, as Raji has some 'character concerns' (Drugs and laziness), but he still is the overall better player.
15 years ago
Just a little more info:

Quote:
Tyson Jackson, a top-five pick...Gil Brandt of NFL.com and Sirius NFL Radio told Sirius radio host Ralph Vacchiano that "he can take it to the bank" that LSU DE Tyson Jackson will be one of the first five players selected in the upcoming NFL Draft

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/als09scoop.html 

Quote:
Tyson Jackson visiting Browns today...LSU DE Tyson Jackson flew into Cleveland last night and will meet with Cleveland Browns officials for a private visit today. Sirius NFL Radio

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/als09scoop.html 

Quote:
Michael Lombardi of the National Football Post says the scuttlebutt around league circles is that the Kansas City Chiefs are viewing LSU's Tyson Jackson very favorably. Projected, as the first defensive lineman off the board by some, Jackson's size (6'4", 296 pounds) and experience (three year starter at LSU) make him one of the safest picks.

The word around the league is the Chiefs are in love with DE Tyson Jackson of LSU and see him as another Richard Seymour type

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/4/19/844616/chiefs-in-love-with-lsus-tyson 
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
15 years ago
These are very recent, right? Like I said, he's flying up the draft boards. I didn't know he was going quite that high though, or why on earth he was quite low on there at first. He seems to be all over the place in mock drafts going from March to April.

EDIT : Grammatical mess.
Dulak
15 years ago
IMO no way KC doesnt take curry if he is still there over jackson.

I dont like jackson that much - maybe if we trade with denver but thats about it.

actually I hope KC takes jackson that gives us a better shot at some good players at 9.

Love having curry on the pack 🙂 wonder where we would put him on the team?
dd80forever
15 years ago
I love Jackson. I think he is actually a bit underrated at 11-16 area. I think he could be an instant contributor
blank
doddpower
15 years ago

I love Jackson. I think he is actually a bit underrated at 11-16 area. I think he could be an instant contributor

"dd80forever" wrote:

I think he would be a solid contributor, too.

However, I can't help but wonder if he would actually hold the most value over guys like Raji, Smith, or Oher. I'm just not really sure . .
dd80forever
15 years ago

"doddpower" wrote:

I think he would be a solid contributor, too.

However, I can't help but wonder if he would actually hold the most value over guys like Raji, Smith, or Oher. I'm just not really sure . .

"dd80forever" wrote:

It's all a guessing game I guess. I'm looking for immediate impact, not so much down the road however. I am still not sold on Smith. He seems to me to be somewhat lazy sometimes. Oher maybe, not overly sold on him though. Raji is another good option but now there are question marks around him.

If I had to choose between those four I would go Jackson without too much hesitation I think.
blank
Packers_Finland
15 years ago
I think it goes like this: 1. Oher, 2. Jackson, 3. Raji, 4. Smith

I hate the Andre.
This is a placeholder
Dulak
15 years ago

I hate the Andre.

"Packers_Finland" wrote:

I saw this posted
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/43295407.html 

makes me feel not as good about Oher ...

My question is say Ted Thompson decides to trade down with say the likes of denver would picks could we expect and who could we expect to be there?

Jackson isnt bad IMO but not at a 9 I say; but if we trade with denver then at 12 (do they have 18 also?) or 18 he would be worth it (but I have a feeling hed be gone at 18).
ILikeThePackers39
15 years ago

I hate the Andre.

"Dulak" wrote:

I saw this posted
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/43295407.html 

makes me feel not as good about Oher ...

"Packers_Finland" wrote:

To be fair, I don't think you're going to find a guy where all the writers will say nothing but glowing stuff - all this scrutiny that comes down on these kids, there's always a negative, and the "what will you get for the money" argument is getting old at this point. There isn't currently a rookie pay scale, so you're either going to pay the going rate and move on or you trade back year after year hoping to find a diamond in the rough that you can get on the cheap.

Personally, I'd be fine with Oher @ the 9 spot. He sure seems like he could step in a RT at the worst, and he's definitely durable.
blank
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14h) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (15h) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.