TengoJuego
15 years ago
Yeah Ray was on Madden 2005.

All of this cover stuff is pure speculation at this point. Theres two different sources saying they have proof and blah blah blah. EA will announce it later this month.
Cheesey
15 years ago

I voted for AP so he can hopefully suffer the curse!

"Stevetarded" wrote:

Me too!!! :thumbleft:
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
Kurt Warner
UserPostedImage
Toddy
15 years ago

Yeah Ray was on Madden 2005.

All of this cover stuff is pure speculation at this point. Theres two different sources saying they have proof and blah blah blah. EA will announce it later this month.

"TengoJuego" wrote:

EA have announced the 4 candidates. Roethlisberger, Brandon Jacobs, Adrian Peterson and Ed Reed.

I think they are going to announce the 'winner' just before or just after the draft.

http://maddennfl.easports.com/cover.action 
TengoJuego
15 years ago
EA also plans on releasing a set of candidates(2) each week up until the draft. So the possibilities will increase with each week revealing different players.

Thats why I'm saying these people are just speculating. I honestly don't care. My concerns are solely on the game itself.
Cheesey
15 years ago
Really, whoever is on the cover doesn't matter.
In real life, there is no "curse".
UserPostedImage
The_Green_Ninja
15 years ago

"Cheesey" wrote:

No, no, and no. The curse is real I say. REAL! :ramboface:
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago

"The_Green_Ninja" wrote:

No, no, and no. The curse is real I say. REAL! :ramboface:

"Cheesey" wrote:

I'm SURE it is Ninja..........I just didn't want to SCARE anyone!!!LOLOLOL!!! :thumbleft:
UserPostedImage
Mortfini
15 years ago
im not saying its a curse but its pritty weird how the next season the players on the covers have suffered

Garrison Hearst was the first player to ever be featured on a Madden cover, appearing on Madden NFL 99. Hearst's 1998 season was the best of his career, rushing for 1,570 yards and seven touchdowns. He led the San Francisco 49ers to the playoffs and a wild card win over the Green Bay Packers, but on the first play of the divisional game versus the Atlanta Falcons, he suffered a bad ankle break and his team would go on to lose the game. He did not play again until 2001.

Barry Sanders retired a week prior to training camp.

Eddie George, then of the Tennessee Titans, is the next player who graced the Madden NFL 2001 box. Following his appearance on the cover, he averaged only 3 yards per carry and rushed for career lows of 939 yards and 5 touchdowns due to a nagging toe injury that bothered him the entire season.[citation needed] For the rest of his career, he never averaged more than 3.4 yards per carry.

Former Minnesota Vikings star quarterback Daunte Culpepper appeared on the Madden NFL 2002 cover after throwing for nearly 4,000 yards and 33 touchdowns while rushing for 470 yards and 7 more scores in the 2000 season. However, Culpepper struggled with turnovers in the first 11 games of the 2001 season, throwing 13 interceptions and only 14 touchdown passes. A leg injury ended his season in the 11th game. Since that time he has been traded 1 time and released 2 others, eventually ending up with the 2008 Detroit Lions.

Running back Marshall Faulk of the St. Louis Rams, who was on the Madden NFL 2003 cover, suffered an ankle injury, missing five games. He did amass nearly 1,600 total yards and 10 touchdowns in limited time in 2002; however, it was a steep decline from his 2,000 yard and 21 touchdown campaign of 2001. He never broke through the 1,000 yards rushing mark for the rest of his career. Injuries to both knees ended his career in 2006.

Five days after Madden NFL 2004 was released, which featured Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick on the cover, he was injured during a preseason game against the Baltimore Ravens, suffering a fractured right fibula. Vick played in only the last 5 regular season games, finishing with just 585 yards passing and 4 touchdowns. His career was put on hold in 2007 when he was convicted of felony dog fighting and sentenced to 23 months in jail.

Madden NFL 2005 featured Ray Lewis of the Baltimore Ravens, the first defensive player ever to appear on the cover of a Madden game. It was Lewis' first season without a single interception, after posting a career-high 6 the previous year. Lewis suffered a serious hand injury during the final game of the regular season.

During the 2005-2006 season, Donovan McNabb suffered a sports hernia, but elected to play until after the November 14th game with the Dallas Cowboys. During this game, McNabb was knocked down after an interception return by Roy Williams, aggravating the injury. He then had to have a season-ending surgery that was required to repair the injury.

Shaun Alexander, who had missed one start in his previous 64 contests, fractured the 4th metatarsal in his foot after he was on the cover. He missed six starts and failed to rush for 1,000 yards for the first time since 2000. He was released by the Seattle Seahawks and has since played in only 4 games as a backup for the Washington Redskins who released him midway through the 2008 season. He has yet to play since.

Vince Young injured his quadriceps during a matchup against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in week 6 of the 2007 NFL season. Young missed the following week matchup against the Houston Texans, but started the next week against the Oakland Raiders. The following year, Young was benched during the season opener and did not start another game with Kerry Collins becoming the starter for the rest of the 2008 NFL Season.

After being traded from the Green Bay Packers (where he led them to a 13-3 season and a NFC championship game appearance) to the New York Jets, Brett Favre led his new team to an 8-3 start. Favre suffered an injury to his biceps area and subsequently, the Jets lost four out of their last five games, missing the playoffs. He finished the year leading the league in interceptions with 22. He has now retired after 18 seasons.

as for the cover i think it will depend on what new things r in the game if they have focused on the def side of the ball (which they should as its hard to play CB and S also the 3-4 is poorly put in play then for sure they should have Ed reed so for that reason i voted for him
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago
It's coincidence that the players that had "great" seasons and were put on the cover tanked after that. There are MANY players that are like that every year, but no one notices them because they were not on the cover.

If Desmond Howard would have been on the cover after our SB 31 win, everyone would have said "the curse!" cause he did NOTHING after that.
But he wasn't on the cover, so no one made a big deal.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (14h) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (16h) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.