Thank you, Tiger!

Tiger's back 
IronMan
15 years ago
[youtube]F012zI7R5dk[/youtube]
dfosterf
15 years ago
50 Highest paid athletes; 2008 

This list angers me a little. Not the part about Tiger Woods at #1, but the part about Phil Mickelson at #2. Phil has a lot of fans, and I understand folks want to create some drama with respect to him and Tiger, but I just don't see it. It is Tiger and then everyone else that happen to also be professional golfers, at least in name, and Mickelson chokes so often that I have personally coined the idiotic three-putt as "Mickelsoning it." Phil is the friggin' choker in the sport, imo.

I think Phil should give half of his earnings to Tiger, that would be just about right. lol
IronMan
15 years ago
Plus, Phil Mickleson has man-boobs.

UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
15 years ago
I found this interesting.

David Beckham
Los Angeles Galaxy (MLS)
Great Britain
Last Year's Rank: 5
$48,200,000

That would put him at place 3 on the US list. Ofcourse this includes endorsements, but I asume that there is a hefty salary involved aswell. He's currently playing for AC Milan on loan, but why on earth does an MLS team use their entire budget on one player. Why not build it up first, taking some good, but not amazing players, because the funds to buy big-named players will be there when the sports gets a bit bigger.

As for Tiger Woods. I never really watch golf. Maybe it's a bit to slow paced or maybe it's the commentators that are trying to put you to sleep. Playing it does look like alot of fun, though.

Oh, and that shot was pretty amazing, indeed.
dfosterf
15 years ago
Rock:

Golf is cruel. It is the meanest game going.

Here is a golfer explaining his sport to an alien:

"OK. Here's the deal. I am going to take this little white ball and hit it with these sticks I have in this bag. You see that flag way out there about 490 yards away? I am going to put it in a hole less than 4 inches in diameter at the bottom of that flag. I'm going to do that by hitting this stupid little friggin' ball four times or less, and if it takes more times than that, I will have failed miserably and will be angry about it."

"Here." "You try."

lol

...And just as an example of how not right in the head you have to be in order to take this stuff seriously:

Here in Central Pa. we were under a tornado warning during that tournament. They interrupted the telecast and went "live" with the doppler to show us where the tornado(es) were. Once I determined that my house wasn't going to get mowed over, I became pissed off that they were not at least "split screening" the tournament. I know I wasn't alone, because the announcer kept explaining to all us golf nuts that they are sorry, but that is the station policy while under a tornado warning. I had the sense that they were getting more phone calls from idiots like me than the poor souls that were reporting their house/neighborhood were getting creamed by the tornado(es).

High of 61 tomorrow. I'll be out. Time to test drive the finger my dog damn near bit off. Like I said, not right in the head.
zombieslayer
15 years ago

50 Highest paid athletes; 2008 

This list angers me a little. Not the part about Tiger Woods at #1, but the part about Phil Mickelson at #2. Phil has a lot of fans, and I understand folks want to create some drama with respect to him and Tiger, but I just don't see it. It is Tiger and then everyone else that happen to also be professional golfers, at least in name, and Mickelson chokes so often that I have personally coined the idiotic three-putt as "Mickelsoning it." Phil is the friggin' choker in the sport, imo.

I think Phil should give half of his earnings to Tiger, that would be just about right. lol

"dfosterf" wrote:

Who the **** is Phil Mickelson? Never even heard of him.

What I don't get - why does golf make so much money? It's not even a sport. Heck, football players, 2/3rds of them are legally crippled within ten years of retiring. They can park in handicapable parking spots. Golf on the other hand...

I could understand why football players make big bucks. You can die playing football, or worse, be paralyzed.

I don't get it.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
dfosterf
15 years ago
Why does golf make so much money?

Up until the economy took an absolute crap, a top-of-the line current driver went for $499.00

That's before you went and had it re-shafted because one of your golfing buddies out-drove by 6 inches once. Tack on a another $125.00 for that move.

Manufacturing costs on above? At least 20 - 30 bucks.

(OK exaggerating a little, but not much)

You see, in order to hit the ball straight and long, you need a low-wind co-efficient regressed center of gravity compensatable titanium forged case back design with forgiving groove sweetspot technology that is upgradedeable, yet traditional in design and appearance, with hopefully a swoosh stripe, but then there is ping, calloway and taylormade to tell you why you are front-runnin'... understand? Me either, but I'm still buyin'...I need those extra 6 inches.

that's why.
Trippster
15 years ago
Golf is the sport that is most watched by the affluent. It gets great TV ratings and the TV contract goes toward the purses, hence bigger purses. Also, no other sport gets the corporate sponsorship that golf does.

Add that to the fact that each golfer is their own company or "team" and you can see how the pay is so great. Tiger is the most recognized face in the world hence incredible sponsorship $$.

What I love about golf is that you can not say they are overpaid. They earn every penny. If they don't play, there is no pay.
"Let Your Light Shine!"
Fan Shout
beast (4h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (5h) : damn those vikings
beast (5h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (5h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (5h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (5h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (5h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (12h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (13h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (13h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
43m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

49m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

55m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

57m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.