dhazer
  • dhazer
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
15 years ago
WTF is he doing. I love the player but the past few years i really would like to know what he is thinking.

Browns | Favre to help out a training camp?
Wed, 25 Mar 2009 12:07:40 -0700

Gary Myers, of the New York Daily News, reports Cleveland Browns head coach Eric Mangini said he has been in contact with retired QB Brett Favre and Favre might attend a portion of the Browns' training camp.

He can't do much he is still under contract with the Jets. Just go to the booth Brett and get rid of kornholio.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Trippster
15 years ago
My guess is, since he had a good relationship with Mangini in NY, Mangini has asked him to help out during trianing camp and work with THe young QB's.

I don't think it is for him to play again.
"Let Your Light Shine!"
Chad
15 years ago
If Bret were to take this job it would be more of a slap in the face to packer fans than him playing for the Jets last season. This type of job was offered to him last season so he would stay retired. Does anybody actually think he could be a coach? I could hear it now. Bret would be all like hey Brady Quin if your arm was stronger you could get that into tripple coverage. No your not suppose to throw it to the man on one on one coverage wing it in to double coverage. What Im saying is Bret is a legend that played quarterback the wrong way. He made plays that no other QB would have thought of throwing. Bret's legendary play and status can not be coached, and shouldnt be. Bret should join the monday night crew/ESPN. Not be a coach for anybody. If you think he should be your opinion will change after he proves coaching is more mental work than playing. Bret is sick of going to training camps and would never think of going to OTA"s well he woud have to be there as a coach. So no this will not happen and if it does OMG. You can also say they dont want him as a coach. Thats BS because what else is it? Oh he going to watch the Quarterbacks and give advise. THATS WHAT A COACH IS!!!!
Chad
TheEngineer
15 years ago
Honestly I don't think it's too much of a big deal. If a friend named their son after me, I'd drop by every once in awhile too!
blank
Pack93z
15 years ago

Honestly I don't think it's too much of a big deal. If a friend named their son after me, I'd drop by every once in awhile too!

"TheEngineer" wrote:

Come now.. what on earth would the media do without a Brett controversy?

Jay Culter only gets some much play, lol.

If they both agree upon it and break no rules in the process.. so be it.. personally until all wounds are healed from both parties, Brett and the Packers including the fan base, I think it best for them to remain apart.

Color me anti drama... lol.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Chad
15 years ago
get Greta Van whatever ready because if he takes this overlooker of the qb's in cleveland they soon will have a QB controversy. Probably 4 hours after he shows uo (if he does).
Chad
dhazer
  • dhazer
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
15 years ago
Well i don't like it and actually I can't see how they could do this without breaking any rules. If he is still technically under contract how can you basically go to another team to help them out? As much as i hate to say it but where there is smoke their is fire. Remember this the Jets can't afford Brett if he changes his mind yet again so what would happen?

I say Brett get your ass to the booth but please not with Madden, we can't understand 1/2 the stuff he says now imagine if his dream guy was there with him lol.

[youtube]XBW7ysPcbT0[/youtube]

Sorry this never gets old.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
15 years ago

get Greta Van whatever ready because if he takes this overlooker of the qb's in cleveland they soon will have a QB controversy. Probably 4 hours after he shows uo (if he does).

"Chad" wrote:

And that is the Browns issue if they decide to take this avenue.. I see this is more PR than anything.. for the Browns and Mangenius.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Chad
15 years ago
LOL All we would hear is Madden making sucking noises.
Chad
Chad
15 years ago
If he were to decide to play this could get the Jay Cutler trade moving. Detroit would be involved you can bet on that. Isnt it crazy how this can just spark opnions and predictions. Sure it wont happen I realize that but its fun to speculate.
Chad
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
45m / Packers Draft Threads / beast

3h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

4h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.