Megatron
15 years ago
Source Link 

March 19, 2009
Written by Patty - PackerChatters Staff

Very little scuttle talk which is strange because even though Ted Thompson wants silence every year he seems to let escape the plans he and his group are thinking.

There are a few things in ink out there and a few talk show tidbits here and there about Green Bay.

Packers are thinking about making an offer for OT Levi Jones.

If on the board Green Bay will not pass on NT B.J. Raji.

Some believe Green Bay will and or are listening to teams asking about QB Brian Brohm who if in this draft would be ranked ahead of Josh Freeman.

It has been noticed that Green Bay has spent a lot of effort viewing OT's in the Pro Days workouts they go to.

A local sports reporter from Los Angelis said he over heard Green Bay say they are pretty set with the DB units and at LB but the need for an inside DL and a true 3-4 (5 technique) DE is real. (Interesting if true).

The Cleveland Plain Dealer has Green Bay extremely interested in CB/FS Mark Parson 5-10 1/2 194 (Ohio U.) who just happens to be a corner that I had a write up about back in late January.

Like I said nothing much out there involving Green Bay. The most interesting tidbit was the Packers thinking about making an offer for Levi Jones. Now all we need is for them to get Andre Smith RT and we can have the Smith & Jones tackle tandem.

Who is Levi Jones. Is he any good?

The validity of the article falls apart abit when it says the packers are pretty set with the DB units then the following paragraph says we're very interested in Mark Parsons.

But nonetheless still has lots of tantalizing tidbits that will provide fun discussions.
blank
bozz_2006
15 years ago
yeah he's good. he was 1st round pick for the bengals a few years back, and the consensus was that the pick was a huge reach. however, he has performed consistently well over the years and was a salary cap casualty this year. he's actually a lot like tausch; not flashy, not a super-star, but is a hard worker who consistently performs at a high level
UserPostedImage
bozz_2006
15 years ago
I find it interesting that the Packers are set in the defensive backfield, yet they looking hard at Mark Parson. I don't think so; he's too short for ted's liking.
UserPostedImage
vegOmatic
15 years ago

"Megatron" wrote:

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Patty and Joe Arrigo... some of the biggest jokes on the Internet.

Seriously... are you that bored with the offseason that you need to give legs to rumors from the sewer?

Good grief.
blank
bozz_2006
15 years ago

"vegOmatic" wrote:

Seriously... are you that bored with the offseason that you need to give legs to rumors from the sewer?

"Megatron" wrote:

yes
UserPostedImage
Megatron
15 years ago
I don't even know who they are.
blank
vegOmatic
15 years ago
Patty and Joe Arrigo are self-serving attention whores who either makes fools of themselves with their stupid "inside" information and/or re-write what's been published in the newspapers.

Everything written above is already old news. Anyone can hop around the internet and steal from various sources and then re-write it like they're in the know.

That's the poop on those two around the internet, but not everyone knows about it. Since it's the internet, those two also have their lapdog fans.

Sorry, but it insults my intellgence anytime anything from those two is given any kind of a thought.
blank
doddpower
15 years ago
Geez veg, pull the stick out of your ass.

Megatron questioned the validity of the article in his original post. It's the off-season and there hasn't been much activity. I'm glad he posted it, it at least excited me for a brief moment during another boring off season.

You're entitled to your opinion, but don't have a heart attack.

Geez.
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
Often times these things are pieced together from reading several articles. At times things are pretty obvious, but no one just comes out an says them.

We have a RT who is having his second major knee surgery of some kind. Our LT walks like he's that giant saying Fee Fie Foe Fum!! It's obvious we are going to be looking for a T either in FA or the draft.

It's also not a huge stretch to say the Packers feel they are set at DB with Harris and Woodson teaching the likes of Tramon, Pat Lee, Will Blackmon and Jarrett Bush (who I heard was better at Safety?).

I struggle to find an argument that we are 'set' at LB. I don't think Barnett has a future in the 3 - 4 unless he's on the outside. He has a similar build to him as the Pitt OLB'ers.
Barnett is 6'2" 236 lbs.
Farrior is 6'2" 243 lbs.
Harrison is 6'0" 242 lbs.

This is a stretch, but maybe they are seeing we are set by something like this.

MLB
50 	A.J. Hawk 	6-1 	248
55 	Desmond Bishop 	6-2 	238 
54 	Brandon Chillar 6-3 	243 
53 	Spencer Havner 	6-3 	248 
93 	Kenny Pettway 	6-3 	248

OLB
74 	Aaron Kampman 	6-4 	265
56  	Nick Barnett  	6-2  	236 
57 	Jason Hunter 	6-4 	271
99 	Jeremy Thompson 6-4 	270
51 	Brady Poppinga 	6-3 	247
58 	Danny Lansanah 	6-1 	248

I have those in an order in which I feel they fall for those positions. Those are all LB'ers per Packers.com. Kenny Pettway?
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
15 years ago

I don't even know who they are.

"Megatron" wrote:

Veg summed it up pretty well. A tad bit harsh, but I'm not calling him inaccurate. Arrigo (Joe) is a blatant rumor monger, but at least he admits it. The other one definitely puts herself forward as an inside expert, and my recollection is that she claims/had some affiliation with an NFL team. She is absolutely fawned upon in the site in question, I find her irritating at best.

There are some truly outstanding posters there, but the site is run by a pack of pricks that play favorites to a disgusting degree, and many of those favorites are so anti-TT that dissension becomes an exercise in frustration.

I'm sure I'm in trouble over there for saying this, but I don't post much anymore and do not care. They do have a link to here that I know gets used by a select few.

Some of them would be an outstanding addition to this forum. IowaPacker, Terry, Bruce, Dictator of logic, (leaving some out here, sorry, you know who you are)...come on over to the best Packer site on the internet ! -Sod-
Fan Shout
dhazer (5h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (6h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (6h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (22h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.