dfosterf
15 years ago

or when a punt bounced off his leg for a fumble

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

You can criticize the penalties and missed tackles, but this is just pure dumb luck. It happens occasionally on bad punts, and happens to the gunners.

"dfosterf" wrote:

I did not criticize him for the punt. I said I wasn't surprised, and went on to say that he might have been "jinxed". Mike Stock didn't criticize Jarrett either, and that didn't work out so good. Jarrett blamed it on the drunks in the stands...sort of...

"But those were outweighed by another long kickoff return allowed (a 70-yarder by Danieal Manning, on which Jarrett Bush was dragged more than 30 yards, to set up a Bears touchdown), a momentum-changing turnover when a Brad Maynard punt bounced off Bush, who was blocking for Blackmon and didn't hear the call to get away from the ball, and Mason Crosby getting his 38-yard field-goal attempt blocked with 18 seconds to play, forcing overtime.

"You don't coach for inconsistency. You coach for consistency," Stock said. "I don't think that's the case this year. Last year I think our guys were focused and did things and made things happen."

The punt that caromed off Bush was indicative of the way the season has gone. Blackmon has had a very good season returning punts he ranks ninth in the NFL in average (11.5) and has returned two for touchdowns but with the Packers trying to avoid a five-game losing streak, the ball literally didn't bounce their way.

"I have no idea where the ball is at. All I know is I have to block my man," Bush said Thursday. "You've got 70,000 intoxicated fans yelling you can't hear anything out there. Especially in Chicago. It was just one of those freak plays. Kind of the way the year has gone. That's never happened to me. Ever. High school, college, never."

Special Teams explained...the review:

Stock on the chopping block 
TengoJuego
15 years ago
Let him go...

And man he had ball magnets in his legs. How many times did the ball nearly hit his legs on a punt this past season?

Good Luck in Tennessee Jarret.
IronMan
15 years ago
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
15 years ago

UserPostedImage

"IronMan" wrote:

OMG I HATE that video!

I can't believe that is a GUY either!
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
15 years ago
Packers have matched the Titan offer..

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/41333162.html 

Packers will match Bush offer
By Tom Silverstein of the Journal Sentinel
Mar. 16, 2009 4:14 p.m.

The Green Bay Packers have decided to match the offer the Tennessee Titans made to restricted free agent cornerback Jarrett Bush, his agent said Monday afternoon.

It's a three-year $4.7 million deal and Bush wil receive a $1 million signing bonus.

I'll have more details in a few minutes.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
packer98
15 years ago
Wasted money
blank
Dulak
15 years ago
wtf ...

I want him out - more of a chance we get jenkins then let alone he wasnt good
wils0646
15 years ago

Packers have matched the Titan offer..

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/41333162.html 

Packers will match Bush offer
By Tom Silverstein of the Journal Sentinel
Mar. 16, 2009 4:14 p.m.

The Green Bay Packers have decided to match the offer the Tennessee Titans made to restricted free agent cornerback Jarrett Bush, his agent said Monday afternoon.

It's a three-year $4.7 million deal and Bush wil receive a $1 million signing bonus.

I'll have more details in a few minutes.

"pack93z" wrote:

Hmmmmm.....I don't like it. Not necessarily hating on Bush really...I know he really isn't looked at very well by the fan base, but Tramon is really going to be looking hard at this type of contract. Blackmon and Atari too.
The Pack Will Be Back.
Rockmolder
15 years ago
Alot of Ted Thompson haters over there I see. All talking about a Tramon hold-out, retaining sucky players.

I have to admit that this is a questionable decision, but still, a Tramon hold-out because we resign a special teams player? I guess it always comes in handy to have someone near the punt-returner, even if he doesn't tackle him, he'll slow him down.
bozz_2006
15 years ago
yuck!
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
earthquake (37m) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (3h) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (5h) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (6h) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

8h / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Martha Careful

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.