Rockmolder
15 years ago
Cheesemeister. Nonstop passed his warmest wishes to you aswell. He would've responded earlier, had he not been as busy with his school. He doesn't log on, since once he logs in, he can hardly press the little red button in the top-right of his screen.

He'll be back next week though and will write you a more personal message then
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
15 years ago

Cheesemeister. Nonstop passed his warmest wishes to you aswell. He would've responded earlier, had he not been as busy with his school. He doesn't log on, since once he logs in, he can hardly press the little red button in the top-right of his screen.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

:thumbleft: PLease tell him 'thank you" from me!!!!

I saw my heart surgeon today.........he says i'm doing very well being only 3 weeks out from surgery.
I had to see him in the same hospital i was operated in. Not a fun place to go back to.
Afterwards, the wife took me out for lunch.........yup.........at the HOSPITAL CAFETERIA!!!
What REALLY surprised me, was they had REAL FOOD there. With ACTUAL TASTE!
The week i spent in there, they must have went down the list........."Lets see........food with taste? Nope....he can't have that......food not all dried out?? Can't have that either........food that even a homeless person would refuse? Yup! Fill up his tray!"
UserPostedImage
nathaniel
15 years ago

"Cheesey" wrote:

I saw my heart surgeon today.........he says i'm doing very well being only 3 weeks out from surgery.
I had to see him in the same hospital i was operated in. Not a fun place to go back to.
Afterwards, the wife took me out for lunch.........yup.........at the HOSPITAL CAFETERIA!!!
The week i spent in there, they must have went down the list........."Lets see........food with taste? Nope....he can't have that......food not all dried out?? Can't have that either........food that even a homeless person would refuse? Yup! Fill up his tray!"

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Speaking of hospital food...

When I was 5 I accidentally drank gasoline (it was in a Mountain Dew bottle in the back seat of my uncle's car. Yeah, I'm that smart.), and when I was leaving the hospital the doctors said I should eat something as soon as possible. So my dad went to the hospital cafeteria and got me a hamburger out of the vending machine they had. It was the most disgusting thing I've ever eaten. It had the consistency of styrofoam. They didn't have any ketchup out, cause it was about 3 in the morning when I got out. I remember the taste of that hamburger much more vividly that I do the taste of the gasoline!
blank
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
15 years ago

"nathaniel" wrote:

"Cheesey" wrote:

Speaking of hospital food...

When I was 5 I accidentally drank gasoline (it was in a Mountain Dew bottle in the back seat of my uncle's car. Yeah, I'm that smart.), and when I was leaving the hospital the doctors said I should eat something as soon as possible. So my dad went to the hospital cafeteria and got me a hamburger out of the vending machine they had. It was the most disgusting thing I've ever eaten. It had the consistency of styrofoam. They didn't have any ketchup out, cause it was about 3 in the morning when I got out. I remember the taste of that hamburger much more vividly that I do the taste of the gasoline!

"Rockmolder" wrote:

I had a burger just like that at a bus terminal in Indy about 40 years ago. (Ok it was only 37 years ago.)
I was waiting for my bus to take me home for Thanksgiving break. The only food they had was in those vending machines. I did not realize it then but I warmed it up in one of the 1st microwaves. It looked pretty disgusting but I was hungry and as I smeared the catchup and mustard out of the little packets hoping to hide some of the taste a mother and her young son came in to get a cup of coffee and soda while they waited for a bus to arrive.
The boy was about 5 and he saw my "hamburger" (I doubt there was any meat in it.) and he started to beg his mother for one. She told him that they were there to pick up his uncle and then they would all go home and have a nice roast beef dinner with mashed potatoes and green beans and... Now I am trying to choke this burger down. It has to be pretty disgusting if a teen aged boy can't eat it and all I am thinking is if she let me go home with her and have a roast beef dinner I would gladly give the kid my sandwich. Fortunately for me they did not stay in the canteen the whole time I was eating. It was hard enough to eat it. If I had to listen to the little boy whine the whole time it would have been even worse.
When I got home I told Mom that I wanted a roast beef dinner so bad I couldn't stand it. Before that afternoon at the bus depot I was not a big fan of roast beef. Ever since then I can't seem to get enough of it.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
15 years ago
GREAT stories guys!!!
I was told one of the biggest problems people have after open heart surgery is a loss of appetite. GEE!!!!!!!!!! I wonder WHY!?!?!?
Maybe if they let you eat some REAL FOOD it wouldn't be that way!!!

Now me.......i had NO problem with a loss of appetite when i got home. I have been eatting "healthy" stuff since i got home. Fruit, veggies, yogurt, low fat stuff, sugarless pudding. And everything tastes better to me!
The biggest pain i have is, since the surgery i have had to give myself insulin shots. And at least for me, yes, they hurt. My stomach is all black and blue from the damn needles. I'm HOPING that i can some day soon, get off the stuff and back on just the pills.
Makes you not want to eat when every time you do, you have to jab a needle into yourself.
UserPostedImage
MontanaBob
15 years ago
Cheesey.......can't you just glue the needle to the wall about butt high and back up real fast into it???? :pottytrain2: Seems like a good solution to me. :thumbright:

And on the food thought...St. Patricks Hospital here in Missoula actually has a darn good cafeteria that is open to the public. Buffet style lunches and dinners that aren't too bad. Only problem is, every once in awhile you see some guys in white lab coats or scrubs up on I-90 with a pick up truck lifting some road killed elk or deer into it. Moose steaks are on "special" occasions.

"What's on the menu tonight Dr. Numnutz?"

"Gotta wait for our 'chefs' to get back, nurse Ratchet. Then we'll know."
Anyone for a Weenie Roast?
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
15 years ago

Cheesey.......can't you just glue the needle to the wall about butt high and back up real fast into it???? :pottytrain2: Seems like a good solution to me. :thumbright:
"

"MontanaBob" wrote:

POTD!!!
:whipitgood:
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
15 years ago

And on the food thought...St. Patricks Hospital here in Missoula actually has a darn good cafeteria that is open to the public. Buffet style lunches and dinners that aren't too bad. Only problem is, every once in awhile you see some guys in white lab coats or scrubs up on I-90 with a pick up truck lifting some road killed elk or deer into it. Moose steaks are on "special" occasions.

"MontanaBob" wrote:

Hey, that's probably a lot fresher than the meats we get here.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
15 years ago
Went to see my cardiologist today, for the first time since he did the heart catherization on me. He was VERY happy with how i progressed since the surgery.
I told him "When you came in and told me i had 6 blockages, all i could say was OH CRAP!(but i used the "S" word) I wasn't expecting anything that major." He said to me "Neither was I!"
He also told me something he didn't say before the operation........he told me, "AL, you were in the very critical stage. If we hadn't caught it when we did..........." Then he said "But look at you now! You look great! April 10th is YOUR day!" I didn't know what he meant.....so i asked him, and he said "April 10th you are cleared to do anything you want. You can lift, do any normal activities. See you in a year!"
But my blood sugars are REALLY messed up, and i told him that. Last night, it went down to 60. Had i been asleep, I probably never would have woke up. So my cardiologist called my regular MD, and i have an appointment with him tomorrow to try to straighten it out. It would suck to survive major heart surgery, then die because of medication.

My wife seems to think i have some great purpose that God has kept me around for. I don't have a CLUE what that is. Guess i'll see!
She calls me a "prophet" now.
I can't wait to see whats in store.
In the time being, i "baby sit" our Chihuahua, Seth, while my wife goes off to work.
UserPostedImage
Formo
15 years ago

Went to see my cardiologist today, for the first time since he did the heart catherization on me. He was VERY happy with how i progressed since the surgery.
I told him "When you came in and told me i had 6 blockages, all i could say was OH CRAP!(but i used the "S" word) I wasn't expecting anything that major." He said to me "Neither was I!"
He also told me something he didn't say before the operation........he told me, "AL, you were in the very critical stage. If we hadn't caught it when we did..........." Then he said "But look at you now! You look great! April 10th is YOUR day!" I didn't know what he meant.....so i asked him, and he said "April 10th you are cleared to do anything you want. You can lift, do any normal activities. See you in a year!"
But my blood sugars are REALLY messed up, and i told him that. Last night, it went down to 60. Had i been asleep, I probably never would have woke up. So my cardiologist called my regular MD, and i have an appointment with him tomorrow to try to straighten it out. It would suck to survive major heart surgery, then die because of medication.

My wife seems to think i have some great purpose that God has kept me around for. I don't have a CLUE what that is. Guess i'll see!
She calls me a "prophet" now.
I can't wait to see whats in store.
In the time being, i "baby sit" our Chihuahua, Seth, while my wife goes off to work.

"Cheesey" wrote:

Glad to hear the good news, you blessed man!

I heard a quote, and what your wife told you reminded me of it. "There are 2 great moments in a man's life. The moment he was born, and the moment he figures out why."
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!