Zero2Cool
15 years ago
We have a thread for steroids, but I haven't read a post in it so if this is covered already, get over it.

Alex played small ball with I believe it was the Appleton Foxes which is now I think the Green Bay Timberrattlers, or something like that. Those two teams might not have any connection at all. None the less, he did play around my neck of the woods. I always thought that was really cool.

I'm glad he owned up to it, but I don't think he had much choice in the matter. He was one of my favorite players for years, but now it just ... sucks.

His comment of 'pressure' got to him. You know what, fuck you! No one FORCED you to sign a 250 million dollar contract. Although we should have known pressure had something to do with him buckling, after all, check out his lack of stats in October during crunch time.
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
15 years ago
pressure to play in Texas?

I bet he has 100 more times the pressure in New York
Pack93z
15 years ago
His "setup" interview with Gammons was telling to me...

He made a comment like, this is the worst thing that has ever happened in my life.. I disgraced baseball and myself...

Guess what pal.. you have worse things in your life, like not being there to see your daughter born or not even seeing her for her first couple of weeks.. you have lost touch with reality Alex.. time to wake the F*&$ up.

To me, the interview was nothing more than blood letting to start to remake your image.. but not by choice.. see Clemens for what not to do.

He is a lost soul and a phony.. whom happens to play the game of baseball at a very high level. A failure in all other regards.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Cheesey
15 years ago
He is sorry.......yeah........sorry he got CAUGHT.
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
15 years ago
its been almost 5 years and he was on national tv a while back with Katie Curic stating I never took them and he was never tempted

LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheesey
15 years ago

its been almost 5 years and he was on national tv a while back with Katie Curic stating I never took them and he was never tempted

LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"longtimefan" wrote:

I know.....i saw that clip.
And he did it with a straight face!!!
Like i said.....the only thing he's sorry for is getting caught.
It's hard to respect someone like that. Can lie to everyone without batting an eye. If he would have been straight, and admitted it in the first place, i'd respect him alot more.
UserPostedImage
nathaniel
15 years ago
I don't go for the whole "he's only sorry he got caught" thing. Have every single one of you told everyone you know every single bad thing you've ever done in your life? I know I haven't. That doesn't mean that I'm not sorry for any bad things I may have done. I'm very sorry and embarrassed about some stupid things I've done in the past, but that doesn't mean I think I need to go back and read off a list of all the things I'm sorry for.

I'm not condoning what A-Rod has done, but he plays a sport that is tainted. People have unrealistic standards when it comes to Major League Baseball. People have been cheating in baseball since day one. Ever heard of Greenies? They were illegal "uppers" that many Hall of Famers have admitted taking during games. If a guy tests positive in football, it's a slap on the wrist on the way out to the field. If a guy tests positive in baseball he's "forever ruined the sport of baseball" as some ridiculous reporter said this morning.

Yes, he was wrong for doing it. Yes, his legacy and records are tainted. No, he didn't have to sign a $250 million and $300 million contract, but no one had to offer him that money either. The sport of baseball is tainted to the core, and it hurts to say that. I think it's sad that A-Rod is being turned into the scapegoat for this, when I guarantee that at least one guy each of us has looked up to and admired in baseball has taken steroids. Don't take it all out on A-Rod, when he's just one of hundreds that have done it. I had high hopes that he was clean, but I don't think any name would have surprised me, including A-Rod's.
blank
Pack93z
15 years ago
Seems like it is all coming to a head with the survey testing eh...

While I don't like the Government pissing all over the CBA.. I think it might bring a quicker end to all this garbage.

Tejada going down too... 

WASHINGTON (AP) - All-Star shortstop Miguel Tejada has been charged with lying to Congress about steroids, with the baseball player scheduled to appear in court Wednesday where he is expected to plead guilty.

The charges against Tejada, who currently plays for the Houston Astros, were outlined in documents filed in Washington federal court on Tuesday.

The documents indicate that a plea agreement has been reached with Tejada, who won the 2002 American League Most Valuable Player award while playing for the Oakland Athletics and is a five-time All-Star.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
nathaniel
15 years ago
Did anyone else hear that they might retest the negative samples from 2003? Barry Bonds tested negative in those tests, but the government retested the sample for newer steroids and it came up positive. So the list of 104 could possibly grow.
blank
Pack93z
15 years ago

Did anyone else hear that they might retest the negative samples from 2003? Barry Bonds tested negative in those tests, but the government retested the sample for newer steroids and it came up positive. So the list of 104 could possibly grow.

"nathaniel" wrote:

Yep... one Mike and Mike this morning and I have gotten a couple of notes from friends today that it is very well likely to happen.. Casting the net wide and seeing just how bad the problem is..

But my question would be why the interest from the government on this.. they got Bonds.. now Tejada.. is it nothing more than a witch hunt now?
Fan Shout
beast (now) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (1m) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (3h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (3h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19h / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

20h / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.