Packnic
15 years ago
I think it was Ted Thompson on the grassy knoll.

So I'm guessing Philip Rivers is out to get Dan Fouts now too right. Cause he was there at Radio Row with his staff. So it must be to out to get someone. This claim is ridiculous and Bretts pilot is just bitter. RIDICULOUS.

Rodgers did TONS of interviews that day and only got into the "deep" Favre stuff with Irving. If you listen to the interview they kept poking and he opened up a little bit about it and then was stuck. Then the Favre talk was brushed aside as if it had gone to far. IF it was a PR smear campaign they would have said the same stuff to every single interviewer like talking points. and why would the pick a random freaking Texas radio station to deliver their punches. not only is it a ridiculous accusation... its stupid. like "smoked too much weed last night and saw aliens" stupid.

heres the big conspiracy. The Packers like they did for 17 years with Brett Favre, are trying to make Rodgers the fresh face of the Packers. That includes getting as much face time as possible. It means sending the face of your franchise to the sports biggest spectacle to make sure we are in the headlines. Its about branding, not vendetta's. It pisses me off that an organization that has handled itself as respectably as possible over its entire existence is reduced to some "evil corporation" because some douchebags can't handle the fact that their untouchable golden god got traded. hes gone, get over it.
blank
warhawk
15 years ago
We are very fortunate to have had a QB who could play at the level he did for the number of years he did and are equally fortunate to have a seamless changeover for the future in Arod.

If you want to keep complaining about it move to Chicago.

That's ALL they complain about but at least they have legitimate reason for it.
"The train is leaving the station."
Cheesey
15 years ago

We are very fortunate to have had a QB who could play at the level he did for the number of years he did and are equally fortunate to have a seamless changeover for the future in Arod.

If you want to keep complaining about it move to Chicago.

That's ALL they complain about but at least they have legitimate reason for it.

"warhawk" wrote:

Great point!
You can't "replace" someone as good as Brett Favre. He is the best QB the Packers have had in my lifetime. And i doubt i will see one better.
But like you said, the fact that we have a QB that stepped in and has done what Aaron Rodgers did made it alot easier. And also like you said, take the Bears for example, they STILL don't have a QB as good as AR. Neither do the Vikings or Lions. We have been spoiled over the years, and hopefully will be spoiled with Aaron Rodgers behind center for many more years.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
[youtube]R4kU659D0h8[/youtube]

Kevin Kiley (KK): My position on the GB Packers were, was, is Aaron Rodgers coulda waited, they shoulda kept Brett Favre, he took em to the NFL title game last year, it was DUMB to let him get away, and that AaronMichael irvin Show | Aaron Rodgers Interview on Brett Favre Rodgers was put in a position unlike any other quarterback that has ever played the game.

Michael Irvin (MI): And I was the first to say after watching Aaron Rodgers step on that field in Dallas TWO years ago I came in the next day and said Ooh, oh my God, do you see what GB has. And everybody thought I was crazy then, cuz when you stepped on the field Aaron, and you started bringing the Packers back against the Cowboys I said Oh get him off the field and bring Brett back in so we could win this game. And from that day on I thought they shoulda made the move THEN to Aaron Rodgers.

KK: Yeah, and thats exactly right. He did say that.

MI: And let this team grow as a young team together with a nucleus and move forward and do great things herein. Aaron Rodgers its a pleasure to have you on the Michael Irvin show man.

Aaaron Rodgers (AR): Im glad one of you guys actually likes me.

MI: Yeah!

KK: Now dont go there. Its not like or dislike. I thought youre a terrific quarterback. I just thought they shoulda kept Brett another year because

MI: Aww, stop it, stop it.

AR: Where were you between likeMarch, and June?

KK: How do you mean? What, when he was retiring?

MI: When he was retired, came back, retired, came back, retired.

KK: I was feeling that Brett Favre, and I dont want this to be about me, I want this to be about you

AR: Well youre the one talking.

KK: but I thought that Brett Favre had the right

MI: The right!?

KK: to do whatever he wanted to do.

MI: The right?

KK: That was my feeling. What was your feeling on that Aaron?

MI: It amazes me the right!? isnt, what, arent were talking about football teams?

KK: He earned the right to do in Green Bay anything he wanted to do he wanted to retire, unretired, yes, no, yeh eh, when its time to play ball, if he wanted to come back and play ball, he should have been allowed to play ball.

MI: How can that not affect your football team? How can you say and Im asking you this Aaron to find out; hes in, hes out, hes in, hes out, hes in, hes out, hes in, hes out, how can how can that not how does that affect your football team?

AR: It does. How can it not affect it? I mean, when he flew into Green Bay the day afteror the day of the Family Night scrimmage, I mean that wastalk about an awkward locker room. I mean, Ive been the guy since March, you know? And then everybodys like well okay, whats gonna happen? Bretts gonna come back, hes gonna be the guy? Or Aarons gonna be the guy? Or theyll compete for the job? Nobody knowing whats going on, of course thats going to affect your football team.

MI: What was the relationship like with you, uh, and Brett?

AR: I was under the impressionthat it was good.

MI: Why would you say that you were under the impression?

3 second pause

AR: You know what We got along very well, especially the third year. UmmbutI just wishat some point hed reach out to me. Honestly.

KK: In what way? In what way do you mean reach out to you?

AR: Talk to me?

KK: He never talked to you?

AR: No.

KK: Never spoke to you?Aaron Rodgers Interview on Michael Irvin Show | Has Not Talked to Brett Favre in a Year

MI: Wait, wai, wai, wait. When you were playing together, how much speaking did he do with you.

AR: I mean, it was me and him. The last year, 07, we had no other quarterback on the roster, it was me and him, you know, wed see each other every day, jog around with eachother every day, you know he knew how I felt about him, that I had the utmost amount of respect for him, you knowand to not have talked to him in over a year? Thats disappointing.

MI: Through all of this, going back and forth, putting you in the position that you were in and it was a tough position it was a tough position because now youre sitting having to respect him for what he has done, dealing with it, and lets just get real here that the pain of him not calling, or talking, or saying this is whats happening, this is whats going onafter all of that, he still hasnt talked to you?
Pause

AR: No.

KK: Why do you think that is?

AR: Im not gonna speak for him, so I dont Im not sure.

KK: But I mean you must say to yourself, why doesnt Brett speak to me? What could it possibly be? I can see by the look on your face that clearly you dont think you did anything to be put in that position. So why do you think did you becomean automaticI dont even want to use the enemy, but, but, you were on the other side because you had that job? But do you think that thats the way he looked at it? And that you just, justnot speak to you? That seems odd.

AR: I dont know. Thats a question for him. Im not gonna put words in his mouth. But Im like I said, when we lost to the Giants, I mean, we left as friends, and, and, I havent talked to him in year so thats kinda where were at.

MI: Why will you not reach out to him?

AR: Oh, I did. I did.

MI: You called him and he didnt call you back?

AR: Yep.

MI: Im recoiling. I gotta come up with a question. You ask him a question.

KK: Yeah, well this is difficult because I dont wanna put Aaron in a I can see Aaron struggling with this. If this was television, you could see hes uncomfortable with these questions. I dont blame him because Brett Favre is Brett Favre and Aaron was was he a popular, was he popular on the team? There were reports that he was a little bit separate from the team and all that. Did you feel that when you guys were making that run for the NFC title? That he was separate from the other players?

AR: Ill be honest with you, I really dont want to go into that at all.

KK: Okay. Well lets talk about Aaron.

MI: Lets talk about Aaron. We appreciate your honesty there man, I appreciate

AR: No problem.

MI: your honesty, and I could see how difficult that must be for you because I know you admired him, I admired him, we all admired him. Soand, but you had the opportunity to work so closely with himand grab the crumbs of the knowledge that falls off his table. So, you know, naturally theres a closeness there so we appreciate your honesty with that man, but lets talk about this football season

Less than thirty seconds later, Irvin asks if Rodgers felt that, after losses, there were people wondering how things would be different if Brett Favre were still the quarterback. Rodgers responds that hes sure there were outside of the locker room, but not inside. Kevin Kiley then asks him if there was anything else in his life that could have prepared him for what he would face taking over for Favre. Rodgers responds emphatically.

AR: NO.

KK: How did you piece it together, just day by day?

AR: You know what? I just tried to realize that every time I got in front of the camera was an opportunity to get my message out, and to be myself, and to be real, and genuine, and try to handle it with as much grace and class as I could. I had a great support group. My other brothers, my best friend, I just stayed tight with my family, my guys on the team, and my, and my close friends back home.

MI: And you handled it just that way man, with grace and with class man. I cant tell ya I was a huge fan before you got here man, but you just grew with me, in a big way man. I appreciate you stopping by, I know everybodys grabbing on you man

AR: No problem, thank you.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
Honestly, if that transcript is 100% accurate. I think I dislike Aaron Rodgers a little bit now. Some of those responses were ... arrogantly worded. Maybe hearing the tone of his voice will change that perception, but right now... that's how it feels to me.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
15 years ago

Honestly, if that transcript is 100% accurate. I think I dislike Aaron Rodgers a little bit now. Some of those responses were ... arrogantly worded. Maybe hearing the tone of his voice will change that perception, but right now... that's how it feels to me.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Trade him to the Jets. We got Brian Brohm.

:pottytrain2:
Cheesey
15 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

How are those "arrogant?"
When BF answered what he felt, everyone patted him on the back for being "honest", not holding back. Aaron Rodgers does the same, and he's being "arrogant?"

First time i met AR, i called him "Mr. Rodgers". He immediatly corrected me, "Hey! No "Mr. Rodgers!" I'm AARON!"
That was my first impression from him.......no arrogance, just one of the guys.
Maybe it's changed since then......i don't know. I go by what i saw.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

"Cheesey" wrote:

When Brett Favre answered what he felt, everyone patted him on the back for being "honest", not holding back.
Aaron Rodgers does the same, and he's being "arrogant?"

First time i met Aaron Rodgers, i called him "Mr. Rodgers". He immediatly corrected me, "Hey! No "Mr. Rodgers!" I'm AARON!"

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

So, its okay for Brett to call it as he sees it, but not me? 😉
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

When Brett Favre answered what he felt, everyone patted him on the back for being "honest", not holding back.
Aaron Rodgers does the same, and he's being "arrogant?"

First time i met Aaron Rodgers, i called him "Mr. Rodgers". He immediatly corrected me, "Hey! No "Mr. Rodgers!" I'm AARON!"

"Cheesey" wrote:

So, its okay for Brett to call it as he sees it, but not me? ;)

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Did i SAY it wasn't ok??? Did i USE those words????No....i did NOT. Did i????
(your serve).................LOLOLOL!!! :thumbleft:
UserPostedImage
15 years ago
Arrogant? Eh...

KK: Yeah, well this is difficult because I dont wanna put Aaron in a I can see Aaron struggling with this. If this was television, you could see hes uncomfortable with these questions.

Doesn't really make it sound like he's being arrogant.
UserPostedImage