dhazer
  • dhazer
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
15 years ago
What about me Warhawk that don't like him because i think he has an ego he wants this known as his team and wants all the praise that the success is all because of him not the players, he reminds me of his brother Jerry Reinsdorf when he dismantled the Bulls.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
15 years ago
I find that argument just silly, because nobody here knows what kind of ego he has, and the very fact that he has had to face continuous insults and attacks from people who were upset over the Favre situation suggests to me that his ego has probably been beaten to a relatively small size. I believe he even said something to that effect during a press conference - "I don't know if I even have an ego left" or something like that.

For some reason people who come off as intelligent and thoughtful to me strike a number of other people as arrogant.

It's my firm belief that people simply can't believe the nerve of a GM who didn't give the man-god Favre EVERYTHING HE WANTED. How dare he run the business as he sees fit? Even though it's his job... What an EGO.
UserPostedImage
bigfog
15 years ago
The guy does a good job, this year nonwithstanding. He's working towards a championship, and that's not going to happen overnight. Patience is the key.

As far as belly aching about how he's got an ego or how he forced Favre out the door, who really cares? If (and by If I mean when) Thompson wins a Superbowl, all these touchy-feely arguments are moot.
"I wouldn't root for the Minnesota Vikings to win a chess match against Nazi Germany."
wils0646
15 years ago

What about me Warhawk that don't like him because i think he has an ego he wants this known as his team and wants all the praise that the success is all because of him not the players, he reminds me of his brother Jerry Reinsdorf when he dismantled the Bulls.

"dhazer" wrote:

Right that's why he has kept the aging veterans he didn't draft like Clifton, Tauscher (extended contract), Harris (extended contract), Kampman (extended contract), Driver (extended contract), Barnett (extended contract)...

This "ego" argument is getting stale and old. I'd say Ted Thompson made the right decision to cut/trade most of the aging players (maybe with the exception of Wahle). Doesn't anyone else see this? What supposedly "ego trip" non-TT cut/traded player was a wrong decision dhazer?
The Pack Will Be Back.
warhawk
15 years ago

"dhazer" wrote:

Why did he resign all the GOOD players that were here before him then?

He made sure Driver, Kampman, Barnett, Harris, Wells, and others, that HE described as CORE players on this team, didn't go elsewhere.

If you are player that fits within the scope of what the coaches need in the schemes they run he wants you here. He makes SURE that the cap is right and we never again end up with no money and short on talent.

Do you realize how many players we had on this roster when he got here that were being paid the minimum or there abouts because of so many bad decisions that were made before he got here? That is why the depth on this team had eroded to virtually zero.

He had no choice but to gleen the roster and replenish the bank account to oppporate in a manner that even ALLOWED him to hold on to the guys mentioned above.

Times change. Coaches change. Players get old and some that don't fit in with new coaches schemes move on. All pieces of a puzzle that is a constant moving target and they guy has X amount of money to make it all work.

It has nothing to do with ego.
"The train is leaving the station."
longtimefan
15 years ago

"dhazer" wrote:

I hear this argument all the time.

its Teds EGO

Can anyone give me something that proves this ego talk?
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago

he has an ego he wants this known as his team and wants all the praise that the success is all because of him not the players

"dhazer" wrote:

Give me one speck of empirical evidence for this accusation that has its origins somewhere outside your own imagination and the malicious rumors people spread.

Besides, even if the ego argument were true, name me one person who has ever reached the top of his profession without a huge ego. It's a necessary element to the hard-driving attitude that brings success. People without egos tend to be weak and unambitious.
UserPostedImage
RaiderPride
15 years ago

he has an ego he wants this known as his team and wants all the praise that the success is all because of him not the players

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Give me one speck of empirical evidence for this accusation that has its origins somewhere outside your own imagination and the malicious rumors people spread.

Besides, even if the ego argument were true, name me one person who has ever reached the top of his profession without a huge ego. It's a necessary element to the hard-driving attitude that brings success. People without egos tend to be weak and unambitious.

"dhazer" wrote:

"Intolerance itself is a form of egoism, and to condemn egoism intolerantly is to share it."

George Santayana (1863 - 1952), Winds of Doctrine (1913) ch. 4
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
gopackgo
15 years ago

he reminds me of his brother Jerry Reinsdorf when he dismantled the Bulls.

"dhazer" wrote:

Well, you're obviously not from Chicago or old enough to really remember what it was like when ReinsDork did that. NO comparison, in any way at all.

"ILikeThePackers39" wrote:

Excuse me i was a Bulls season ticket holder when he did this. He didn't want it known as MJ's team he wanted it known as the team he built. Ted Thompson didn't want this known as Favre's team he wants it known as his own. The bulls have sucked since and as far as Ted Thompson he has had 1 winning season out of 4 your probably to young to remember the last time the Packers had losing seasons. People are saying he has helped this team by getting us under the cap well tell me this what good is it if he don't spend it but on second teir players? Ted Thompson got rid of the aging line but yet to this day hasn't found a replacement. So now tell me where i am wrong.

"dhazer" wrote:

I've been a Bulls and Packers fan as well, and the similarities stop with Jordan and Favre. Neither one of us truly knows the relationship between Ted and Brett, if Ted really does have a huge ego or not and whether he wanted Favre gone.

To me none of that matters, because I don't know.

What I do know is that Thompson has built a far better team than Reinsdorf. Reinsdorf let Elton Brand go for Tyson Chandler who also was traded, tried to build around Jalen Rose for a while, and never hiring a respectable coach.

I don't see Thompson trading young key players away and trying to build around average players. I see Thompson trying to correct mistakes this season, something the Bulls haven't done for the past decade.

I don't see the Packers as the joke of the league as the Bulls were.
blank
longtimefan
15 years ago

"longtimefan" wrote:

I hear this argument all the time.

its Teds EGO

Can anyone give me something that proves this ego talk?

"dhazer" wrote:

Anyone??????????????
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

13h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

15h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

15h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

19h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

19h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.