Zero2Cool
16 days ago
Peacock (NBCUniversal) will exclusively stream the game nationally and the game will also be available on free, over-the-air broadcast television in the local markets of the competing teams as well as on mobile devices with NFL+
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
16 days ago
Good job Murphy, getting a road international game. No one wanted to give those to the Packers for London and so we were last going there by a couple of years.
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
16 days ago
Now all we need is a Samba rock version of "Bang on the Drum All Day" for when GB scores a TD and we'll really be cookin'.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Zero2Cool
16 days ago
Apparently there is a ban on the color green lol. That's pretty funny. Both Eagles and Packers primary color is green bahahahahahaha
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
16 days ago

Apparently there is a ban on the color green lol. That's pretty funny. Both Eagles and Packers primary color is green bahahahahahaha

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Packers and Eagles to play NFL opener at Brazil club with 'ban' on green

The game will take place at Corinthians Arena, the home of Brazilian soccer team Corinthians. The venue was used at the 2014 World Cup and 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics. Corinthians have an informal ban on the color green, worn by their bitter rivals Palmeiras, around the club. The Packers and Eagles both wear green, with the Eagles set to wear the color as the home team. In 2021, Corinthians fined their striker Jo for wearing green boots. Jo later said the boots were actually “turquoise blue”.

“I would never use green boots because of my history with Corinthians, a club I have loved since I was little,” he said. “I would never disrespect Corinthians, much less the fans. I have always honored this shirt and I always will honor it.”

There is a precedent for teams wearing jerseys with touches of green at the stadium. Brazil and Nigeria, who incorporate green in their jerseys, played at the venue during the 2016 Olympics. Nigeria played in their white away shirt with green numbers, and Brazil played in their famous yellow jerseys with green trim.

Yeah somethings gonna have to give here lol
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
dfosterf
16 days ago
There is no reason why a Packer fan would not want this game played in Brazil.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
16 days ago

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

If it got to happen, I'm glad it's the first game of the season and that it is on a Friday. That will give them a couple of more days to recoup. Preseason games have moved from always being on Saturdays to Thursday - Saturday so they will probably get a Th or Fri game.

Even with all that said, I am still not a fan of playing in Brazil. Other than "Friendlies" you don't see Arsenal playing Man U in LA or Real Madrid and Barcelona in NYC. They don't need to do it in order to attract US fans. International football developed an audience in the US by putting out a product that people want to watch. Not by flying here and putting on a show.

The trip takes more than 10 hours from Chicago to Sap Paulo. Longer from Milwaukee. From what I understand they won't be able to charter a large enough jet to leave from GB. That is over 20 hours in the air plus drive time back to GB. Nearly a day. It's not good for the players even if they have 100 first class type seats.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 days ago

I'm not sure why we gotta put any one down like that.

If your team has to play an international game. I think this is the best situation possible. Open on Friday so you get extra couple days of rest? I mean, yeehaw!! lol

Too bad it's on that stupid Peacock crap.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
15 days ago
The Eagles lost the competitive advantage of a home game against us. Playing on the first Friday, the Packers can put plenty of lead time into getting there. The alternative would have been to play the Eagles in Philadelphia, and if you think that is preferable to this, then go ahead and think it. I do not. I'ts an opinion. Not putting anyone down. WBAY interviewed Marcus Rovere from Brazil. He runs a Packers social media site there. He has almost 30,000 followers. I like our chances of being the home team vs. the paper home team in this game.
Zero2Cool
15 days ago

The Eagles lost the competitive advantage of a home game against us. Playing on the first Friday, the Packers can put plenty of lead time into getting there. The alternative would have been to play the Eagles in Philadelphia, and if you think that is preferable to this, then go ahead and think it. I do not. I'ts an opinion. Not putting anyone down. WBAY interviewed Marcus Rovere from Brazil. He runs a Packers social media site there. He has almost 30,000 followers. I like our chances of being the home team vs. the paper home team in this game.

The advantage is definitely in the Packers favor here. I have read that Brazil has huge Packers fan base. Definitely more favorable than the battery throwing Eagles fans! haha

And my apologies if I misinterpreted your comment. I took it as if you don't like Packers in Brazil, then you're not a Packers fan.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (10h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (13h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (14h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (17h) : Flag?
Martha Careful (17h) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (17h) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.