Zero2Cool
3 months ago

Crosby 32/39 100% XP
Carlson 27/33 84% XP

The XP is the problem as well as his kickoffs

Originally Posted by: bboystyle 

Kickoffs are not a problem for Anders Carlson. The Special Teams Coordinator was asked about it and he said "Carlson is doing as he's asked", so we can chalk that one up to knucklehead coaching.

Mason Crosby started in 2007. The extra point was moved back 2014. So the 100% on XP is kind of expected there I guess.

Thanks for the stat comparison!

Crosby 82.05%
Carlson 81.81%

I think it's safe to say if we give Carlson same amount of kicks, he probably misses at least 1 more, especially if it's 40 or more.

My stance on Anders Carlson is the same. Bring him into training camp, with legit competition. And if it's neck and neck, I take the other guy. If Carlson is head and shoulders better, then he can be the kicker for 2024. But I'm keeping feelers out for Kickers just in case. Trust is earned. He was given his rookie year, now he needs to have a helluva jump.
UserPostedImage
bboystyle
3 months ago

Kickoffs are not a problem for Anders Carlson. The Special Teams Coordinator was asked about it and he said "Carlson is doing as he's asked", so we can chalk that one up to knucklehead coaching.

Mason Crosby started in 2007. The extra point was moved back 2014. So the 100% on XP is kind of expected there I guess.

Thanks for the stat comparison!

Crosby 82.05%
Carlson 81.81%

I think it's safe to say if we give Carlson same amount of kicks, he probably misses at least 1 more, especially if it's 40 or more.

My stance on Anders Carlson is the same. Bring him into training camp, with legit competition. And if it's neck and neck, I take the other guy. If Carlson is head and shoulders better, then he can be the kicker for 2024. But I'm keeping feelers out for Kickers just in case. Trust is earned. He was given his rookie year, now he needs to have a helluva jump.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

His FGs arent that bad for rookie. I just dunno what to expect from him for XPs and clutch kicks. Crosby wasnt second guessed or had worried teammates on the side. Hell when Rodgers put them in FG winning position, he knew Crosby would be automatic. When Carlson is out there kicking, even for XPs, im worried he might missed. It was like holding your breath when Favre used to heave the ball downfield.

I said on another site that Carlson needs to be coacbed or pressured to work on his kicks more often. If he puts to the time in to get better then good for him. But at bare minimum, we should bring in a kicker for competition. I think that might help him in the long run
dfosterf
3 months ago
Green Bay will be an attractive option for UDFA kickers. I can see agents telling their undrafted clients that they have a real shot at beating out the incumbent.

buckeyepackfan
3 months ago

oh i wish Carlson only missed 3 FG's. Sadly he didnt. He missed more and then some. I know its cute to tie stories that other players went through and then succeeded but this aint it. The kid stinks and his kickoffs are horrendous as well. There's nothing in his kicking game that makes me think there is hope. He is ass juice

I guess you know more than the coaches.

You should go on FB with this post. There's a million "fans" that will agree with you and your opinion.

ROOKIES MAKE MISTAKES!!!! ROOKIES NEED TIME TO DEVELOPE!!!!!

Sometimes they don't and are replaced.

The problem you have is The Packers, have always valued their draft picks, like it or not, they are going to give them more than 1 chance to prove themselves.

Hey The Buffalo kicker missed last night. Maybe he will be available.

Carlson is not the reason The Packers lost, THAT IS MY OPINION .

But if you want to spend the whole offseason ranting about him, go for it.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Zero2Cool
3 months ago

His FGs arent that bad for rookie. I just dunno what to expect from him for XPs and clutch kicks. Crosby wasnt second guessed or had worried teammates on the side. Hell when Rodgers put them in FG winning position, he knew Crosby would be automatic. When Carlson is out there kicking, even for XPs, im worried he might missed. It was like holding your breath when Favre used to heave the ball downfield.

I said on another site that Carlson needs to be coacbed or pressured to work on his kicks more often. If he puts to the time in to get better then good for him. But at bare minimum, we should bring in a kicker for competition. I think that might help him in the long run

When Mason Crosby was a rookie, there was angst, no different than Anders Carlson. I can't believe you don't remember that. Or the chatter about how they should have ponied up for Ryan Longwell instead of letting him sign elsewhere. (Spoiler, he wanted to leave so he could play in warmer climate OR dome to improve his chances for Hall of Fame)

Aaron Rodgers was confident in Mason Crosby AFTER several seasons of EARNING the trust. You can't knock Carlson because he's played one season and compared that disappointment to the how the team felt with Crosby after half dozen or more seasons. C'mon man.

I get it. You need a whipping boy to get your lashings out on. I'm just saying that in my opinion, you're whipping the wrong kid. I suspected Crosby's rookie year to be way better than Carlson's, not only marginally better.

WAIT A SECOND!!! I received bad information!!

- Point After Try -
Crosby was 48-48 100% (2 yard line attempt)
Carlson was 34-39 87.1% (15 yard line attempt)

image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

UserPostedImage
bboystyle
3 months ago

When Mason Crosby was a rookie, there was angst, no different than Anders Carlson. I can't believe you don't remember that. Or the chatter about how they should have ponied up for Ryan Longwell instead of letting him sign elsewhere. (Spoiler, he wanted to leave so he could play in warmer climate OR dome to improve his chances for Hall of Fame)

Aaron Rodgers was confident in Mason Crosby AFTER several seasons of EARNING the trust. You can't knock Carlson because he's played one season and compared that disappointment to the how the team felt with Crosby after half dozen or more seasons. C'mon man.

I get it. You need a whipping boy to get your lashings out on. I'm just saying that in my opinion, you're whipping the wrong kid. I suspected Crosby's rookie year to be way better than Carlson's, not only marginally better.

WAIT A SECOND!!! I received bad information!!

- Point After Try -
Crosby was 48-48 100% (2 yard line attempt)
Carlson was 34-39 87.1% (15 yard line attempt)

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Thats why i said his FGs arent that bad for a rookie. But its his XPs that are concerning. Very concerning.

I dunno where ur getting this riff that i need somone to lash out on? We had a great season as a team. Im not the only one who thinks Carlson should get cut or have competition at least.
Zero2Cool
3 months ago

Thats why i said his FGs arent that bad for a rookie. But its his XPs that are concerning. Very concerning.

I dunno where ur getting this riff that i need somone to lash out on? We had a great season as a team. Im not the only one who thinks Carlson should get cut or have competition at least.

My apologies.

The Packers absolutely need to bring someone in to compete with him. Look, I can be fine with his statistics for a ROOKIE, but I want more consistency out of the Kicking position. And positive consistency.

Yes, you are absolutely spot on about extra points. I do not know why he goes to left hash. He does better in the middle. The hell do I know though. The

I also noticed our snapper is super inconsistent. I'm not sure how much that plays into it, but I noticed Carlson would hesitate if it was a not a good snap. You have to keep with your process and TRUST the holder to do his job!

We cannot compare Crosby XP's to Carlson XP's because of the 2 yard line vs 15 yard line difference. But we sure as hell can compare him to other first year kickers.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
beast (10h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (11h) : damn those vikings
beast (12h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (12h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (12h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (12h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (12h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (19h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (19h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (19h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9m / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

11m / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.