Zero2Cool
4 months ago

Yeah, according to some, LaFleur's first post game press conference sounded like he was blaming the offense for the defenses failures.

Originally Posted by: beast 

I wasn't 100% so I went back and listened.

What I heard him say was "it wasn't just on the defense" and said the offense needs to give the defense a breather. Meaning, you can't just go three and out and put the defense back on the field. This really isn't anything new as we've heard the adage "a good offense is the best defense" quite a bit.

Mark 31:30

UserPostedImage
hardrocker950
4 months ago

I wasn't 100% so I went back and listened.

What I heard him say was "it wasn't just on the defense" and said the offense needs to give the defense a breather. Meaning, you can't just go three and out and put the defense back on the field. This really isn't anything new as we've heard the adage "a good offense is the best defense" quite a bit.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Mental gymnastics to justify another poor defensive outing. I know coaches are aware that every word they say in front of a mic will be blasted everywhere - but there is no way that anyone can believe it is the fault of the offense that the defense gave up 30 points.

I was neutral about Matt being with the team next year, but after seeing him defend a coordinator that made Bryce Young and Tommy DeVito look like all pros... I'm having other thoughts.
Zero2Cool
4 months ago

Mental gymnastics to justify another poor defensive outing. I know coaches are aware that every word they say in front of a mic will be blasted everywhere - but there is no way that anyone can believe it is the fault of the offense that the defense gave up 30 points.

I was neutral about Matt being with the team next year, but after seeing him defend a coordinator that made Bryce Young and Tommy DeVito look like all pros... I'm having other thoughts.

Originally Posted by: hardrocker950 

Seriously? Can you explain how you think what Matt LaFleur has said over the last 10 days is justifying a poor defensive outing. Because if you listen to the questions being asked and his answer, that's far from what he's doing. Because I have and that's not at all what I'm hearing. I'm confident Joe Barry will NOT be the DC for Green Bay Packers in 2024. And that's based off what I'm hearing from the HC.

Edit, my apologies if that comes off like I'm attacking you. I'm not. I'm just genuinely curious to hear your explanation. Sorry. šŸ˜
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
4 months ago

Getting really annoying with how whiney fans are about Joe Barry and completely ignoring what Jordan Love is doing.

This would be considered good even if he had a healthy veteran team. Which he does not. How about talk about some of the positives instead of focusing on constantly whining about a piece of shit who won't be here in 2024? Just a thought.
 image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

This is from a game day thread that got moved and I didnt want my response to get buried. And I wanted a little but of time to form a proper response.

Speaking for myself (though I think others will sympathize with what I'm saying) I'm finding it a bit difficult to enjoy the development of the offense on game days because the defense immediately gives up whatever advantage the offense gave them. You're looking up a replay of the touchdown only to see the other team is already is on Green Bays 35 yard line. HUH?! Didnt they start this drive at their own 25?! What the hell happened?! Emotions run a bit hot on game day and there's a lot of knee jerk reactions.

From a larger season perspective, this season is like buying a new house and the realtor promised the view from the back porch is amazing because of the lake/ocean/mountain view but it was total fog when viewing the house. Now imagine you're enjoying a morning coffee sitting on your back porch and dozing off to the view that was somehow better than the realtor promised. Suddenly you wake up smelling smoke and fire! You rush indoors to discover a fire spreading! Its consuming the living room and the kitchen! Thankfully a neighbor called the fire department when he caught a sight of smoke but the damage was done. A third of the house is gutted with furniture and personal belongings roasted. Yeah you still got the view and insurance is gonna pick up the tab (Barry being gone next year), but did how much better could it have been if that had not happened?

Believe me Zero, I'm trying to enjoy everything right now. I've had to stop myself from looking to far ahead into the future at what this offense could become. I've had to stop myself from wondering what if Love is a perfect combination of Rodgers footwork, throwing mechanics and decision making with Favres arm and gun slinger mentality? Or what if we can get a 3 down back that has speed and power in the draft? What if we improve the run blocking on offense? What if Watson can stay healthy? What if someone as capable as Doubs is the #5 WR? How good could Reed be with an full offseason of NFL conditioning? How good can Wicks be with a full offseason of NFL film study when he's already dusting guys at the line of scrimmage? How lucky are we that Kraft didnt take the NIL money to go to a big name college program with how rapidly he's grown and was there for us in the 3rd round? How good could Musgrave be if he took some ballroom dance classes and learned balance and weight distribution on his feet? I'm trying to enjoy the here and now, Zero.

From an individual performance perspective I've always tried to enjoy whatever comes from games. Like Edgar Bennett killing the Bears despite being a middling RB. Or like Don Beebe with his huge game on MNF against the 49ers. Or Gilbert Brown getting a rare sack on Jeff Garcia and setting the tone in the 2001 wild card. Or Vonnie Holliday and his 5 sack performance vs Buffalo after a family member died. Or Donald Driver laying on the Lambeau turf taking longer and longer to get up thanks to a injury vs the Falcons in the 2002 wild card. Or watching Nick Collins and Charles Woodson wreck havoc in the same secondary. Or watching McCarthy run an inverted wishbone with Korey Hall in at FB. Or watching Aaron Rodgers torch defences with Jordy Nelson off play action in 2011 when there was no run game to speak of. Or Eddie Lacy trying to carry the team on his back in the 2013 wild card against one of the top defenses in San Francisco. Or the entire offensive line backing each other up in the sideline scrum I'm the 2014 divisional game against the Cowboys. James Jones and his hoodie against Minnesota in 2015. Or Micah Hyde against Dallas in the 2016 divisional round. Or Mason Crosby nailing multiple 50 yarder FGs in the same game in the waning moments. Or Aaron Jones walk off in OT vs Tampa Bay in 2017. Or Jaire Alexanders performance vs the high octane Rams in 2018. Or Za'Darius Smith single handedly crushing the Vikings offense to win the division in 2019. Or in 2020 waiting for the deep bomb to MVS to seal the win in a game Green Bay was in control of. Or Rasul Douglas breaking the Cardinals in 2021. Or Christian Watsons performance vs Dallas in 2022. I try to enjoy the individual performance as much as I can, Zero.

From a fans point of view I'm in this for the long haul. When I was 10 years old I would bring the 1994 media guide with me everywhere to read. As I got older I began reading up on team history through Jerry Kramers book "Instant Replay." During the 90s run my Dad had a subscription to the Packers Report that I would read cover to cover. As I got older I would butt heads with my dad on a many of things but on Sundays we would enjoy Packers football. When I was working 3 part time jobs in 2010 and struggling to get by, I had the Super Bowl run to hold me up. When I was working a dead end job on a graveyard shift for 6 years and struggled with the toll it took on me, I had the Packers to look forward to. When COVID hit and everything was shut down, Packers football didn't. When I was out of work in 2021 and 2023, I had Packers football. Every year the draft would come around I would try to watch it in its entirety to see who Green Bay would draft.

From a metaphysical point of view i prefer longer informative posts with well cited sources. I like adding to threads with informative Tweets, tidbits, articles and YouTube videos because they usually have context and it helps those less technological inclined/those with less time to get access to them. Unfortunately I'm used to a desktop PC and I pitched all my furniture (save my bed) when I moved last month and have no desk to set up on. To be blunt I absolutely suck at using mobile to format so it's just easier to bitch at Barry than to do well informative posts.

Bottom line, I'm tired of Joe Barry fucking up my Sundays

ā€œNah. I like having the island. Itā€™s pretty cool...not too many visitorsā€
UserPostedImage
"Iā€™ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Zero2Cool
4 months ago

Bottom line, I'm tired of Joe Barry fucking up my Sundays

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

1. We don't need everyone to post informative posts. Not me anyway. Sometimes we just need to bitch. Totally get that. Sometimes we just wanna drop a thought. I get that. My only ask is that it's not all negative. Take a peak at the good. Life is too short.

2. You're in control of your emotions. No one else. Only you can fuck up your Sundays. Don't let Joe best ya!! šŸ˜‰
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
4 months ago

1. We don't need everyone to post informative posts. Not me anyway. Sometimes we just need to bitch. Totally get that. Sometimes we just wanna drop a thought. I get that. My only ask is that it's not all negative. Take a peak at the good. Life is too short.

2. You're in control of your emotions. No one else. Only you can fuck up your Sundays. Don't let Joe best ya!! šŸ˜‰

Yeah that came off a little wrong. Made it seem like Joe Barry determines my Sundays.

(But I am tired of him!)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
4 months ago

Yeah that came off a little wrong. Made it seem like Joe Barry determines my Sundays.

(But I am tired of him!)

I can tell you right now, he is not going to be the Packers DC in 2024. I'm not saying I have inside information. I am saying I can see it. Matt LaFleur has enough. Mark Murphy has had enough. The players are likely in the same boat. Joe Barry has 2 (maybe 3) games left as DC. It's just not worth MY emotions anymore. I'm just riding it out.

NOW -- if IF I am somehow wrong -- I am going to be blowing a gasket more than that the red guy on Inside Out. And I will be heard.

UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
4 months ago

I can tell you right now, he is not going to be the Packers DC in 2024. I'm not saying I have inside information. I am saying I can see it. Matt LaFleur has enough. Mark Murphy has had enough. The players are likely in the same boat. Joe Barry has 2 (maybe 3) games left as DC. It's just not worth MY emotions anymore. I'm just riding it out.

NOW -- if IF I am somehow wrong -- I am going to be blowing a gasket more than that the red guy on Inside Out. And I will be heard.

Oh I agree with you 100%. Just not as easy while following the games livešŸ˜¬

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
4 months ago

Oh I agree with you 100%. Just not as easy while following the games livešŸ˜¬

Make no mistake, I want a more aggressive DC and that's not Joe Barry.

That being said, keep in mind that we're not healthy on defense.
  • Rashan Gary is coming off ACL.
  • Jaire Alexander has a lingering shoulder injury.
  • Eric Stokes is coming off several injuries.
  • Darnell Savage has been dealing with shoulder injury.
  • De'Vondre Campbell has been dealing with injuries all season.
  • Jonathan Owens has been dinged up a lot.
  • TJ Slaton has knee issues.
  • Quay Walker has shoulder issues.
  • Rudy Ford has been dinged up.

I mean the list is ongoing and long. Not to mention Packers traded away their best tackling DB in Rasul Douglas.

Again, we need a change at DC, but if we're being realistic here. The defense has been unable to field a consistent group all season long. And if you cannot field a consistent group, you are going to struggle no matter who the DC is.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
4 months ago
"The last quarter was... not good."

"The defensive side of the ball the last 3 weeks have been tough."

Things Matt LaFleur has said regarding the defense. You know, making excuses for the defense, right?

I'm telling you. Joe Barry is GONE. Even Joe knows.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
beast (10h) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: ā€œGot in a fight with the bench press. I lost.ā€
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

Headlines
Copyright Ā© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comā„¢. All Rights Reserved.