Zero2Cool
4 months ago

I wouldn't mind paying Joe Barry FOR NOT COACHING the last 3 weeks, might send a message to The Team that The Packers are serious about finishing strong the last 3 games.

Hell Jaire may decide to play again if Barry is gone.

As bad as the last 2 weeks have been, The Packers win the last 3, there is a very good chance they still make the playoffs.

The Rams, Seahawks and Vikings are the 3 teams to keep an eye on.

Not only will they get in, they will be the 6th seed heading to Detroit for match 3!!!!

you heard it here 1st!!!! lol

Who would have thought, at the beginning of the year, that THE DEFENSE would be the problem.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

If the defensive players have tuned out Joe Barry, then yes, I'm in favor of releasing him. But if the guys are still fighting for him, there's really no benefit to the team to release him three games shy of his contract expiring.

I believe after 2022 we all kind of suspected the defense would be an issue. The defensive players were saying they needed to play "near perfect" because the offense was learning the ropes.

If Jaire isn't suiting up because he doesn't like Joe Barry. That says more about Jaire than it does about Barry.

My fear is someone is gonna look at the losses and realize if the offense was a little more efficient we'd have handful of wins. Maybe handful is too many. I'm talking about 2-4 wins. Suddenly that 6 - 7 is 9 - 4 and fighting for division title. And my fear here is that that someone (e.g. Mark Murphy) will push Matt LaFleur to give Joe Barry an extension. 😬😬😬
UserPostedImage
bboystyle
4 months ago

If the defensive players have tuned out Joe Barry, then yes, I'm in favor of releasing him. But if the guys are still fighting for him, there's really no benefit to the team to release him three games shy of his contract expiring.

I believe after 2022 we all kind of suspected the defense would be an issue. The defensive players were saying they needed to play "near perfect" because the offense was learning the ropes.

If Jaire isn't suiting up because he doesn't like Joe Barry. That says more about Jaire than it does about Barry.

My fear is someone is gonna look at the losses and realize if the offense was a little more efficient we'd have handful of wins. Maybe handful is too many. I'm talking about 2-4 wins. Suddenly that 6 - 7 is 9 - 4 and fighting for division title. And my fear here is that that someone (e.g. Mark Murphy) will push Matt LaFleur to give Joe Barry an extension. 😬😬😬

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

First half of the season, many losses were on the offense. This 2nd half of the season, the losses have fallen on the defense. The offense should be expected to struggle as we have nothing but rookies, injured vets and a first year starting QB. The defense however, should not look like a D3 school is playing in the NFL. We should of won vs NYG even though the whole team played like total dog shit. But our O managed to get a go ahead TD with a minute and a half remaining only for the defense to allow 63 yards in 3 plays. Our defense made the Bucs look elite. The same Bucs who were 24th in offense heading into that game and manage to make Baker look all pro. It's not a coincidence that we made Devito look like NYG found their replacement for Eli Manning yet the following week the Saints made him look like a career back up. Dont be surprise when the Jags make Baker look like a journeyman QB again while our D will have Bryce Young looking like an actual #1 pick.

offense gets a pass this year for many factors. Defense shouldnt get a pass and Barry should be fired.
jdlax
4 months ago

Not disrespecting you but I am so tired of hearing people say this. You do realize they are in the playoffs right now and have been. They pretty much are a win now or you are going home in a few weeks. I don't know why but this team just doesn't seem to have a heart or leader to fall back on. I believe guys like Jaire and Stokes are in no real hurry to make it back because they don't trust Barry and yes probably hoping he gets fired. And the praise from umair but then again thats his opinion as I see him as the 3rd best qb in our division behind Goff and Fields. He has no confidence when he throws the ball and I would guess he is thinking to much instead of letting it fly. I see it over and over again he is lobbing his passes to his guys ( I see i believe it was Kevin say it looks like he is aiming everything.) look when he throws in the flat he either misses his guy by yards or he lobs it in and by the time it gets to the receiver the defender is on him. How many deep throws do they have to wait on the ball and him constantly throwing with his feet off the ground is a bad habit he got from Rodgers.

I will be disappointed that we didn't make the playoffs as the talent is there but I think the play-calling SUCKS on both sides of the ball. (side note we didn't see 20 jet sweeps this week or a great double reverse pass attempt lol)

And this just sucks more because I always had the feeling we would lose in the playoffs with Rodgers and get a shitty pick but we couldn't even suck enough this year to get a top pick.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

For no real well thought out reasons I am hoping this becomes Van Ness.
4 months ago

First half of the season, many losses were on the offense. This 2nd half of the season, the losses have fallen on the defense. ....

The defense however, should not look like a D3 school is playing in the NFL.
offense gets a pass this year for many factors. Defense shouldnt get a pass and Barry should be fired.

Originally Posted by: bboystyle 

I think this is blatantly unfair to DIII schools...please apologize

Go Packers!!!!
Zero2Cool
4 months ago

No reason to fire him. There's three games left. His contract is up after 2023. It's not like we have the potential exr DC on the roster. Although, I'd be in favor of someone else calling plays. Kinda like when ya put in a different QB or RB hoping to see a spark.
UserPostedImage
bboystyle
4 months ago

No reason to fire him. There's three games left. His contract is up after 2023. It's not like we have the potential exr DC on the roster. Although, I'd be in favor of someone else calling plays. Kinda like when ya put in a different QB or RB hoping to see a spark.

Im not talking about firing him now, im talking about in general.

And if we are keeping it real, he should of been fired the day we hired him....
Zero2Cool
4 months ago

Im not talking about firing him now, im talking about in general.

And if we are keeping it real, he should of been fired the day we hired him....

He made positive improvements from the 2020 defense to 2021. We got much better at tackling. 2022 there was a drop off that (my guess) was worse than 2020. Basically, one step forward, multiple steps backwards.

There's no reason to fire someone the day you hired them. That shows incompetent hiring practices.
UserPostedImage
umair_010
4 months ago
If we miss the playoffs because of the D playing bad then the first thing they should do is fire him. The defense is NOT on rebuild mode. It was the offense.
Zero2Cool
4 months ago

If we miss the playoffs because of the D playing bad then the first thing they should do is fire him. The defense is NOT on rebuild mode. It was the offense.

Originally Posted by: umair_010 

He's done after the 2023 sesson. He's not gonna be fired. He's just not gonna be offered a contract. We'll get some lame statement that they've mutually parted ways or Joe Barry is gonna pursue other opportunities or whatever.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a month ago

He's done after the 2023 season. He's not gonna be fired. He's just not gonna be offered a contract. We'll get some lame statement that they've mutually parted ways or Joe Barry is gonna pursue other opportunities or whatever.

It's commonly known Packers do three year contracts for coaches. However, some were reporting he had one year remaining when he was "let go" few months ago. So, this was wrong about him not having a contract after 2023 season.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (8h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (11h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (12h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (15h) : Flag?
Martha Careful (15h) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (15h) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
50m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.