dhazer
2 months ago
Well DFoster I always thought it was weird that he says he won't play on turf after his Buddy Arod got hurt, and the following week was at Atlanta and on turf and poof he is injured and can't play that game. I don't see him filing any complaint or injury claim because if he is released he will magically heal and sign with the Jets . ARod taught him well.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 months ago

Well DFoster I always thought it was weird that he says he won't play on turf after his Buddy Arod got hurt, and the following week was at Atlanta and on turf and poof he is injured and can't play that game. I don't see him filing any complaint or injury claim because if he is released he will magically heal and sign with the Jets . ARod taught him well.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

I don't think he's being that shady. But I agree that he's likely to be released. And if he goes to Jets and MetLife stadium surface isn't changed? I'll definitely be going hmmmm.

UserPostedImage
dfosterf
2 months ago
My Martha Careful plan as modified by me, as of right now, defining her plan as being one where David Bakhtiari does a classy and moral move:
He announces a willingness to play this year for the Packers on a contract that will result in a total cap hit of 24 million dollars. No need for incentives, workout bonuses, signing bonuses, void years, etc. His pay is game checks.
No more enigmatic tweets or interview answers.
He is an unrestricted free agent after this year.
That's where I'm at as a thankful fan with a full appreciation for his play, the unfortunate circumstances that got us here, the risks in cutting him, the fact that he does deserve a shot at redeeming himself as regards what we have been getting from him lately from the whole cap and cash impact, etc.
This not knowing his prognosis. I do know I'd like him to stop tweeting stupid shit. Financially, if it's close to my little plan, I am somewhat flexible in the what will or will not piss me off.
2 months ago
If I were him, and I wanted to play for a team with a decent shot at a Super Bowl, I would select the Packers (other than the Chiefs which would have a higher probability to get back to the Super Bowl)

With a healthy Bakhtiari at left tackle, it means no more chipping from a RB and no need for formational configurations which place a TE to force the edge rusher wider, i.e. more flexibility in the passing game.

A harder decision is for the Packers....do they really think the guy is healthy enough to play, especially in the playoffs?
Go Packers!!!!
beast
2 months ago
I think fans are overly concerned about the tweets. Gute has said Bakhtiari is total professional.

Why should we care if he tweets at times? We post stuff to the Internet too without caring what Bakhtiari thinks. Why should he care what we think when he posts?
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 months ago
Packers GM Brian Gutekunst said he hasn’t made a move w/LT David Bakhtiari cuz he doesn’t like to make decisions before he has to.

He certainly doesn’t want to carry his cap number once the league starts.

“Like to have a decision before that,” BG said just now at the combine.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
2 months ago
OK. I will remove the requirement that he stop with what I perceive as cutesy enigmatic tweets. It really wasn't an actual requirement in my personal pissed off not pissed off equation in the first place, and I did say I was flexible. I proffered an imaginary contract offer of 4.93 million dollars in new money this year guaranteed not knowing if the man can even play another down. I'm making my imaginary contract offer with a leap of faith that the team wouldn't make the offer if he didn't have a high liklihood that he can return to some level of normalcy. It would be nice to know more about his condition as opposed to "heart vs. head" tweets, but, like I said, I'm not married to that, as I'm flexible. I don't know what percentage of the fanbase just wants him cut, but I know it's pretty high. I have at least put up a proposal to retain him, as risky as I perceive it to be... can't help but notice no one else has, at least beyond vague what if they do keep him scenarios without any hard cash/cap inputs to retain him. So who is really defending him to even my relatively modest level of support?

Reminder to all regarding cutting him prior to the beginning of the league year. You cannot cut him still injured without opening up the opportunity, and as I have repeated ad nauseum, the probability, of him filing an injury grievance. That means the Packers may have to carry his full 40 million cap hit on the books until he is deemed healthy. The CBA looks pretty clear on this issue, at least to me.

buckeyepackfan
2 months ago

So you're saying Bach faked his knee injury after The Bears game.
How many games did he play after "faking" his knee injury?

How many more surgeries did he have on his knee after he "faked" his week 2 injury?

Nobody outside of 1265 knows where he stands as far as if they have finally figured out why his knee kept filling up with fluid.

Things I know.

1 The Packers have until June 15th to make a decision on Bach.

2 The Packers are better with Bach on the field if he is finally healthy.

3 Stating Bach "faked" an injury is total Bullsh-t!
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Zero2Cool
2 months ago
I can't say I question if he's injured or not. That feels kinda like a bitch thing to do, ya know? I'm also ignorant on why it'd benefit him to fake injury.

I think we fans sometimes feel entitled to medical reports provided by the hospital or something lol.

Personally, I feel that ACL injury started a mirage of knee issues and the guy just can't physically hack it anymore.

For those questioning if his injury is legit or not. I can understand why because he's said before something didn't feel right and I believe Packers cleared him. And we all know the Packers are super conservative on injuries.

I think he's just physically hosed. He's not reliable anymore.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
a month ago

None of us will ever know if you are right on most of this.
Fan Shout
beast (6h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (7h) : damn those vikings
beast (7h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (7h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (7h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (7h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (7h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (14h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (15h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (15h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.