- Kendrick Bourne
- Darnell Mooney
- Odell Beckham
- Curtis Samuel

UserPostedImage
beast
5 months ago
Do you think they'd sign a FA WR?

They seem pretty young and talented at WR to me, I think I'd be more looking OL, DL, RB and S. (Maybe slot CB too).

There I'd be looking at

C/OG Conner Williams, Dolphins
I'm sure he'd prefer to resign with the income tax free state Dolphins, but the Dolphins (Bills, Chargers and Saints) are currently in the negative for 2024 cap space, not to say they couldn't do Cap Magic and open some up to resign guys

DT DJ Reeder, Bengals
Packers need a physical a physical run stopper and the Bengals have a number of guys that need to be resigned and have seemingly been focused on offense, letting some star defensive guys go.

RB Derrick Henry, Titans
LaFleaur's former RB and Titans have been shopping him the last two seasons, rumor is the Ravens almost had a deal done and they're the favorites to sign Henry. But there is also Josh Jacobs, Raiders and a number of others. Also it's possible the Saints release RB Jamaal Williams to free up cap space and Williams could be fairly cheap.

S Rudy Ford, Packers
Probably should resign him, but there are also a good number of Safety on the market, probably most well known to Packers fans will be Micah Hyde, Bills, but there are also younger options in Alohi Gilman, Geno Stone, Xavier McKinney, Julian Blackmon

UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
5 months ago
I am trying to remember the last time a FA wr was signed by the Packers and really made a difference.

I may be wrong, but I have to go all the way back to Andre Rison.
That was an in season pick up, when nobody really wanted him.

There was Desmond Howard the same year, he was kr/pr for The Packers, not really a wr.

I like the guys Gute has brought in the last 2 years, get through the growing pains and the future at wr looks bright.

The Packers are still a year away from getting out of their self imposed cap hell.
I hope they concentrate on locking down the current guys they want to keep, then take a look around after next year's draft.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Mucky Tundra
5 months ago
Would love to get Pittman but I doubt the Colts let him come close to being a free agent (and if he does some team will back a dump truck filled with cash up to him).
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Zero2Cool
5 months ago

Do you think they'd sign a FA WR?

Originally Posted by: beast 

I think 2023 was the year to sign a free agent WR for the kids to learn from. If the Packers think they're a WR2/3 away from high powered offense, I could see it.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
5 months ago
I would like to see them grab Curtis Samuel to help mentor Reed and Wicks as those 2 I believe will become a huge part of the offense. I think Reed would benefit the most from him as Samuel is used a lot for running plays also. Like I said maybe a veteran just to mentor a little more as these guys have no one with experience to ask questions to.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
5 months ago

I would like to see them grab Curtis Samuel to help mentor Reed and Wicks as those 2 I believe will become a huge part of the offense. I think Reed would benefit the most from him as Samuel is used a lot for running plays also. Like I said maybe a veteran just to mentor a little more as these guys have no one with experience to ask questions to.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

I think any WR that is a technician at the position is super helpful. And by that mean I someone who knows how to study film, identify DB's weaknesses, self correction, etc ... someone who doesn't have a plethora of god given talent, but has that work ethic that makes them indispensable. A Donald Driver type and yeah I know he had world class high jumping, but that was first name that came to mind.
UserPostedImage
beast
5 months ago

I think any WR that is a technician at the position is super helpful. And by that mean I someone who knows how to study film, identify DB's weaknesses, self correction, etc ... someone who doesn't have a plethora of god given talent, but has that work ethic that makes them indispensable. A Donald Driver type and yeah I know he had world class high jumping, but that was first name that came to mind.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

True, but isn't that a coaches job first? And there is no cap limit on coaches... if we need that, couldn't we simply hire more or better coaches?

A veteran can surely help young players too, but that's more of a second or third item or job for them.

Packers talked about bringing in a veteran WR for the young to bounce ideas off of... but they never did this year, and the young WRs should be one more year developed next year and not needing it.

I wonder if the Packers could potentially bring TE Lewis and/or Cobb back as paid coaching interns. Though they probably wouldn't be interested, but you never know.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
5 months ago

True, but isn't that a coaches job first? And there is no cap limit on coaches... if we need that, couldn't we simply hire more or better coaches?

Originally Posted by: beast 

I'm just falling back on the numerous stories I've heard where veteran players working with young players helped turn the corner for them.

I'm not sure on this, but I think coaches have a limited amount of access to players where player to player is essentially unlimited.

Also, if a coach wasn't a player before, the coach might not be able to pick up on certain nuances that a former/current player does.

But I do agree. It should be the coach. I just think a veteran WR does wonders for the WR group.
UserPostedImage
beast
5 months ago

I'm just falling back on the numerous stories I've heard where veteran players working with young players helped turn the corner for them.

I'm not sure on this, but I think coaches have a limited amount of access to players where player to player is essentially unlimited.

Also, if a coach wasn't a player before, the coach might not be able to pick up on certain nuances that a former/current player does.

But I do agree. It should be the coach. I just think a veteran WR does wonders for the WR group.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Fair point, while reading your comments I got a flashback to an article about Bears starting OL, RG Kyle Long and RT Bobby Massie.

Basically their general opinion seemed to be, position coaches don't know shit... we're not listening to them, we're listening to this retired Hall of Famer OL whom we work with during the off-season. He's been to the top for the mountain and knows what he's talking about, coaches don't know shit.

I was just taken back than attitude, because what if things have changed from that guy's decade to now? There is a hell lot more zone blocking today, where before the 90s Broncos there was maybe none. And it took over a decade to really catch on.

On the other hand, I've had some very stupid coaches too (of course they were "volunteer" coaches, and not paid coaches, but still, the guy, during tackling drills, stopped the drill, made us watch as he criticize the best tackler on the team, making him re-do the drill, and then later stopped the drill and praised the guy whom literally doesn't give a shit and doesn't know how to do anything, and made us stop anf watch him tackle with absolutely no form)... Basically the volunteer coach wanted us to run at full speed into the tackling dummy, without breaking down or any form, just run right over it, falling on it. Which is great... you know, as long as the tackling target can't move.

But supposedly these NFL players openly thought their many position coaches over the years knew absolutely nothing, compared to the retired Hall of Famer. And I don't know what either of them said or what they disagreed on, so I don't know whom I would consider right.

But there have since been rumors that have come out that suggest Aaron Rodgers thought Mike McCarthy had a fairly low football I.Q. supposedly based on conversation Rodgers has had away from the team facilities. Not saying it's true or false, but that's the rumor.

So I guess it's possible that players could think their coaches are idiots.

And I think the Bears OL was during the time after Lovie Smith, where a number of the Bears and coaching staff seemed to be butting heads. I specifically remember on defense, where the players complained they used to have a complex defense with calls for everything that the offense might do. But now, in the overly simplified defense, the offense can line up, or motion to something unexpected, and they're screwed in the current play call, but have no audible to get out of that bad play, back to their base, and so they're just screwed whenever they get caught in that look and the offense does that trick. Where previously they get audible in or out of everything, to get them the base chances based on what they saw pre-snap.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (6h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (7h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (9h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (11h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (11h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (15h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (15h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.