umair_010
5 months ago
Wow what a game. Love looked amazing
Zero2Cool
5 months ago

I'm a Homer. I'm taking Packers. I don't want a glimmer of happy if they lose and I picked the enemy. I'm weak, lol.

Chiefs should win this game, but if Packers don't beat themselves, I wouldn't be surprised if they win.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

🤔😉😁
UserPostedImage
beast
5 months ago
Well, I was sure wrong about this one 😁
UserPostedImage
5 months ago
Adam Teicher wrote:

Kansas City Chiefs bemoan final moments of loss in Green Bay

Adam Teicher, ESPN Staff Writer

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- The Kansas City Chiefs saw the end of Sunday night's game devolve into chaos, with the final 1:09 featuring an unnecessary roughness penalty, a fumble recovery that was overturned, an ejection and a controversial pass interference non-call.

When it was all said and done, Kansas City -- needing a touchdown and a 2-point conversion to force overtime -- instead saw Patrick Mahomes' pass into the end zone on the final play knocked away, as the Green Bay Packers held on for a 27-19 win.

The Chiefs, hoping to tie the Baltimore Ravens and Miami Dolphins for the best record in the AFC, instead fell to 8-4 following their third loss in five outings.

In what was a talking point in the Chiefs locker room afterward, officials elected not to throw a flag for interference as Packers defensive back Carrington Valentine appeared to be draped over Chiefs wide receiver Marquez Valdes-Scantling on a deep pass from Mahomes on a first-and-10 from the 50-yard line. Had the penalty been called, it would have put the Chiefs inside the Green Bay 10-yard line with 14 seconds remaining.

Valdes-Scantling said after the game he asked the official why there was no penalty.

"He didn't even acknowledge me," Valdes-Scantling said.

Asked whether it was a penalty, Valdes-Scantling replied, "I was trying to get the ball and ended up on the ground. I don't know what they saw, but I tried to catch it and didn't have an opportunity."

Mahomes would eventually get his team into Packers territory, but the Chiefs stalled out at the Green Bay 33, with Mahomes' final four pass attempts all landing incomplete.

"Obviously, the guy was probably a little early, but at the end of the game, they're letting guys play," Mahomes said about no penalty being called on the pass to Valdes-Scantling. "I'm kind of about that. I rather you let the guys play and let the guys win on the field, but it's hard.

"I can't be wanting a flag. I have to try to go out there and win the game myself and with the rest of my teammates."

Referee Brad Allen, asked about the play after the game, said in a pool report that "on every play where there may or may not be pass interference, either offensive or defensive, the covering official has to rule whether contact materially restricts the receiver. And in this case, the covering officials were in good position and ruled that there was no material restriction that rose to the level of defensive pass interference."

Earlier on the drive, Chiefs running back Isiah Pacheco was ejected from the game and penalized 15 valuable yards for taking a swing at a Packers player.

"You can't do that," Chiefs coach Andy Reid said afterward. "You have to stay composed."

Mahomes acknowledged the penalty hurt the Chiefs but said he appreciated Pacheco's energy.

"I love the fire from [Pacheco]," Mahomes said. "That gets us going as an offense. Obviously, you got a flag in this situation, but I mean we were already in a bad situation, so I mean I never want to take the passion away from a guy. He'll learn from it. I'm sure he won't make that mistake again, but that's the stuff that we need on this team in order to have the success that we want to have."

The Chiefs' chaotic final drive began with Green Bay defensive back Jonathan Owens being penalized for hitting Mahomes as he was going out of bounds on a 10-yard run, a personal foul that put the ball at Green Bay's 45-yard line.

"In my mind, I just wanted to hit him before he went out of bounds to try and knock him back to keep the clock rolling," Owens said. "It was under a minute, I believe, so just keep the clock running, just try to make a team play. If you can get a legal hit on a quarterback, take it every chance you get.

"I knew it was legal."

Kansas City wideout Rashee Rice then appeared to fumble, with Green Bay's Corey Ballentine returning it 68 yards for what would have been a game-sealing touchdown. But replay showed that Rice was down before the ball came loose, so the Chiefs retained possession.

Clearly the MVS play was PI. However:
- Clearly, the hit on Mahomes was inbounds and legal,
AND MORE IMPORTANT THE ARTICLE DID NOT MENTION
- MVS was INBOUNDS on the completion to the near sideline, which cost the Packers at least 20 seconds

Winners wins, losers gripe.
Go Packers!!!!
beast
5 months ago

Adam Teicher wrote: Clearly the MVS play was PI. However:
- Clearly, the hit on Mahomes was inbounds and legal,
AND MORE IMPORTANT THE ARTICLE DID NOT MENTION
- MVS was INBOUNDS on the completion to the near sideline, which cost the Packers at least 20 seconds

Winners wins, losers gripe.

Originally Posted by: Martha Careful 

I really liked Mahomes answers

Also the NFL has some good BS answers for the refs. I mean, the answer makes sense... but at the same point, I'm pretty sure they called PI earlier in the game on a more minor item and when the ball was uncatchable even if the WR wasn't touched, which I would say made the WR touching non-materially, at the very least that earlier play should of been defensive holding, not defensive pass inference.

And as for the MVS non-call, as I said after the play, the DB absolutely played the ball... after jumping on MVS back, but he got his hands up off of MVS and onto the ball, so he played the ball.

While the WR has the right to their space, the DB has the right to his own, and he went over MVS, and gravity took him down on MVS but his hands got up and touched the ball.

It's like two players have the right and ability to accidentally collide and not be at pass interference, just they were trying to get in the same spot.
UserPostedImage
beast
5 months ago

Green Bay Packers ( 5 - 6 )
Points For = 21.0 (17th)
Points Against = 20.4 (10th)

Originally Posted by: MintBaconDrivel 

After so many trash talk the defense, the Packers now have a top 10 defense (despite a lot of injuries) and few if anyone is saying anything?

Defense has been getting the job done!

And Packers current strength of schedule is 0.528, though that's about to take a nose dive as they have a lot of weak record opponents coming up.
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
5 months ago
I have never seen a non-called penalty be such a damn talking point in the media for so long after a game. It’s like everyone is saying “the Packers won, BUT”…anyone who watched the game pretty much knows the Packers were the better team Sunday night. And should know that there were bad calls both ways. Also- even if they did throw the flag, the Chiefs still had to get into the end zone and convert a 2pt conversion (which the Packers proved to be able to stop them both in the red zone multiple times and also stop a 2pt attempt earlier in the game). They’re giving Mahommes the Brady treatment .

Also the NFL has some good BS answers for the refs. I mean, the answer makes sense... but at the same point, I'm pretty sure they called PI earlier in the game on a more minor item and when the ball was uncatchable even if the WR wasn't touched, which I would say made the WR touching non-materially, at the very least that earlier play should of been defensive holding, not defensive pass inference.

Originally Posted by: beast 

I agree this play should not have been a PI, but it wouldn’t be called a hold either. Defensive holding is called before the ball is in the air. Once it’s in the air, anything like that is automatically PI.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
5 months ago

After so many trash talk the defense, the Packers now have a top 10 defense (despite a lot of injuries) and few if anyone is saying anything?

Defense has been getting the job done!

And Packers current strength of schedule is 0.528, though that's about to take a nose dive as they have a lot of weak record opponents coming up.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Even after the win I heard people still hating on Barry. Complaining about a single play here or there.
I was at a game earlier this year and the guy next to me was F'n Barry this and that. Nothing about the players doing a poor job. It's all Barry's fault. I just stared at him.
UserPostedImage
umair_010
5 months ago
Gotta give credit where it is due. He turned things around. This D is loaded with talent so he really had no excuse.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (8h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (10h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (10h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (10h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (11h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (14h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (14h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (17h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (17h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.