Zero2Cool
7 months ago

I don't think trading pick #64 straight up for the #1 overall pick is realistic.

Originally Posted by: beast 

You get hung up on that. I'm gonna be happy about the Super Bowl victory.

image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
7 months ago

I don't think trading pick #64 straight up for the #1 overall pick is realistic.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Thank you Captain Obvious. I guess I have to spell it out for you.

The 2024 2nd round pick is one year before the 2025 first round pick. The team that is giving up their first round pick doesn't actually know where they are going to pick when they make the trade in 2024. My line of "reasoning" is the bares are so enamored with their team that they will think they are one 2nd round selection away from dominance and will thus be willing to part with their 1st round pick in 2025 to get said player a year early and thus begin their streak of domination. My contention is the bares will still be a woefully horrible team in 2024 and thus give away their 2025 first round pick.

UserPostedImage
7 months ago

The 2024 2nd round pick is one year before the 2025 first round pick. The team that is giving up their first round pick doesn't actually know where they are going to pick when they make the trade in 2024. My line of "reasoning" is the bares are so enamored with their team that they will think they are one 2nd round selection away from dominance and will thus be willing to part with their 1st round pick in 2025 to get said player a year early and thus begin their streak of domination. My contention is the bares will still be a woefully horrible team in 2024 and thus give away their 2025 first round pick.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I see someone else thinks the same as me with the name
beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
7 months ago

I see someone else thinks the same as me with the name

Originally Posted by: packerfanoutwest 

You mean Captain Obvious name?

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Keep your spelling for yourself, since you're so smart and can put smart the professionals. Maybe you should be GM of the Packers instead of Gute

UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
7 months ago
Packers fell in the draft all the way to #19, but I only improved my (extremely extremely pointless) PFF draft grade....

They gave me an A grade, so Championship!

Their grades really don't like the Packers grabbing Centers. And yes, I grabbed two QBs, PFF (wrongly) claims the Packers need a QB.
 pff_mock_results - 2023-09-26T161641.156.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
7 months ago
Our draft spot got high enough that Kool-Aid actually dropped to us in a Mock Again. And I liked this one.

With two trades involved, I turned the Rodgers pick into Wisconsin RB, Michigan G and Texas NT.
 pff_mock_results - 2023-10-02T140157.472.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

PFF cites Packers needs now as (no order): RB, T, DI, S. I feel like they're extremely missing the IOL, and down grade most IOL selections but here Zinter dropped enough first that they liked it.

CB Kool-Aid: A value pick, and I think we could potentially have two Alexander then. Of course, this year Alexander has looked normal and Douglas has looked elite with asking the CBs to be more aggressive.

OT Morgan: There are two OTs dropping to that area, Morgan is the higher ranked, heavier (shorter at only 6'6"") larger school one with a better run blocking grade. (The second OT did not drop to #51 or I would of probably kept the pick and drafted both).

RB Allen: Packers have seemingly been looking for a large RB that does well in zone running. Allen needs to improve in the passing game (route running and pass blocking) but a lot of RBs do, at least he's caught almost all the balls thrown his way.

S Bullard: Georgia does a great job teaching them rallying to the football and I think run some similar stuff to the Packers which is partly why I think we have liked their defensive players so much. Plus currently most of our Safeties are FAs.

OG Zak Zinter: First off, seems like Gute demands OL be between 6'4" and 6'6" to be drafted. Most Interior OL aren't. Zinter is listed at 6'6", so he should meet it, even if it's inflated the bit. Packers RG from Michigan, is a FA. Zinter from Michigan plays RG at a good level in all aspects. Even if Runyan re-signs, would be nice to have more IOL depth. Heck, maybe Runyan can snap it.

NT Sweat: Listed as 6'4" 362 lbs, and so far grading out as one of the best in the Nation. Makes one wonder why he's not ranked higher. He did grade out as average against Alabama, but a lot of guys have a negative grade against Bama. But Packers could use some more mobile beef up front.

S Hicks: 6'3" 212lbs Hicks has been having a great year in coverage, though he's also working the box a lot more too. But good height to battle with some TEs.
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
7 months ago
Trying to keep it more simple, but also pick up an extra pick (or I'm this case, just a high selection)

pff_mock_results - 2023-10-07T213703.494.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

QB is just good value but if he's really as good as he's rating (#1 in PFF QB grade this season, those LOTS of QBs this year draft) he'll probably be a first rounder, and so I also grabbed a pic (below) of the other options I would of taken there, a physical WR or a mobile TE.

Screenshot_20231007-213831~2.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
7 months ago
Championship 🏆

Improve the lines!
 pff_mock_results - 2023-10-09T112247.618.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

No idea why PFF is so down on G Cooper Beebe, all he does is have success every game, no matter which OL position (LT, LG, RT) they put him at. Probably be an OG in the NFL due to lack of reach.

The Centers have the size to play OG too.

CB Sainristil is a slot CB with Nixon being a FA.
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
7 months ago
Losing F'N SUCKS... but it gives you better draft picks
 pff_mock_results - 2023-10-10T005721.705.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
After the Lions and Raiders games... did I grab enough OL?

Note: Current PFF needs (and therefore higher rated) positions are RB, OT, DT and S.
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
6 months ago

I do appreciate all the work you do on future draft picks.
Please keep that info coming, as I just don't have the resources to make those calls.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

A Mock with a lot of reaches (or under valued selections). Also ignore the grades, those are mostly based on need based on PFF, which they don't see IOL currently as a need.

I keep over drafting OL, but the Packers will potentially be losing Bakhtiari, Runyan and Nijman, and some fans would like to be talented enough that Newman doesn't have to play, nor players potentially worse than Newman (Rhyan).

pff_mock_results - 2023-10-24T140913.826.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

PFF has write ups for the top 75 on their big board.

Also PFF grades are largely based on needs, which it sees the Packers needs as RB, T, S and DT. So it doesn't seem OG nor C as needs.

OT Alt: If you value run blocking as much as pass blocking then you'll probably considered Alt the best OL in the draft. PFF has one rated higher due to super elite pass blocking potential.

At 6-foot-8, Alt brings elite size to offensive tackle. He's been even better this year at using that size and length to his advantage, yet he maintains technique with leverage to mitigate any natural weaknesses.

PFF wrote:

QB Daniels: This year is supposed to be loaded with QBs, and therefore some value selections might be had.

Daniels is a good dual-threat quarterback who has a ton of yards from scrimmage. Last year, he focused on taking care of the ball and had one of the lowest turnover-worthy play rates in the nation. This year, he's focused on playing better under pressure while pushing the ball downfield more often - and he's done both at career-high levels. His growth in all areas is encouraging and shows that he could be a QB to invest in.

PFF wrote:

DT Wingo: Packers liked Kenny Clark in the draft partly because he was an Iron Man in college, as College DTs often rotate off the field early and often. So you don't see how bad they are when they get tired, or they get tired too quickly. I expect Wingo to get drafted higher than PFF's current big board because of this. Also Wingo is shorter than some teams prefer, though Packers seem to be okay with shorter linemen.

Wingo is one of college football's ironmen along the defensive line, as he has played so many snaps over the past two seasons. He's a solid and reliable player who will give you some flash plays with a quick first step and quick hands to disengage.

PFF wrote:

C Van Pran: Currently this is the highest PFF ranked any IOL prospect (though there are some OTs that might get moved inside rated higher). Van Pran is not nessarily the best athlete, which means he might not nessarily be the best fit for the Packers current scheme, but the Packers need more/better options and they like to be able to power block up the middle too. Also has the size to play OG.

Van Pran has been a steady force in the middle of Georgia's offensive line for both of their national championship runs. He's more of a power player than a zone-blocker, but his experience and consistency make him a solid prospect.

PFF wrote:

RB Davis: Kentucky offensive coordinator is from the Rams and is running the Wide Zone Scheme. Also at 5'9" 216 lbs he's the big body that Gute seems to be gravitating towards, which isn't nessarily the best at zone running. As zone needs a lot of quickness, not nessarily beef.

OG Beebe: He finally had a bad game! But seriously, no one seems to have a good answer as to why Beebe is rated so low on PFF. Yes it's the Big 12 defenses, but all Beebe has done is play extremely well year after year after year... first at LT, then LG, and now LG/RT. Some think he's a 2nd rounder. So while PFF thinks this is a major reach, you probably can get people to bet money he'll be gone before the 4th.

C Frazier: More IOL depth that can also snap and also has the size to play OG as well as Center.

T Foster, like Beebe, a number of years of very good football as starter, and Foster has stayed at LT the entire time in the SEC. Why rate him so low?
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (18h) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (19h) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.