dfosterf
11 months ago

If he was sizing me up to see if I could physically do the work myself, he'd have offered to pay me to do the work.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

You are legend, man. 

Zero2Cool
11 months ago

You are legend, man.  

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

He did say I could handle Tree F. And then a day later charging me $400 to cut it down, lol.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
11 months ago
And there ya go, lol
 Did you mention your absolute expertise in the IT space?

Kiddin' ya, Kev.

😆 

beast
11 months ago
​​​​A couple out of the box ideas for dealing with stumps, that's certainly not for everyone, but just throwing ideas out there.

One business near me (I want to say insurance or a local veteran lodge (probably the lodge), took a large stump (we're taking 5 feet) and turned into a beautiful wood art of an American Eagle (which I'm shocked I can't seem to find anything half as good as it online) but it looks glorious. It's a 4 foot eagle in a oen foot stand not like this picture UserPostedImage

A women took a stump and hollowed it out a bit, out good soil in, and turned it into a raised mini flower bed, and looks pretty when the flowers are out. And I thought that MIGHT be good or interesting if you are growing certainly foods. (I wondered if it would work well for tomatoes that you try to grow vertical and let them hang). UserPostedImage

Some guy on social media turned his HUGE stump into an outdoor heated tub.
[Can't get the picture I want to show, you can Google it if interested]

And turned a tree into a wizard artwork
UserPostedImage

Also I've seen some people turn stumps into nice looking doghouses (note, I believe the picture below is using a fake stump, but still the concept is there)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 months ago
Thanks for the ideas, but I do not want stumps. They're a pain in the ass to mow around and I want my full yard. 😀  These stumps are protruding above ground.

Looks like I had the math wrong on the 2nd quote. And they do not do stump removal.
 image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 months ago
I think I'm gonna go with person option two. I just got word back from my Village and I can dump the logs off at the public works place. WOOHOO.  This means I'll need to buy a handsaw OR chainsaw. 😬 I've never used a chainsaw. I've used drills, skill saw, miter saw, sawzall but I have a feeling chainsaw gonna be different animal.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
11 months ago

I think I'm gonna go with person option two. I just got word back from my Village and I can dump the logs off at the public works place. WOOHOO.  This means I'll need to buy a handsaw OR chainsaw. 😬 I've never used a chainsaw. I've used drills, skill saw, miter saw, sawzall but I have a feeling chainsaw gonna be different animal.

I like guy two too. The rest of your plan not so much. If you chop your head off, I just want to go on record that I told you so.

On a serious note, promise us you are going to watch several videos on chainsaw safety.
I am really serious about that.
Zero2Cool
11 months ago

I like guy two too. The rest of your plan not so much. If you chop your head off, I just want to go on record that I told you so.

On a serious note, promise us you are going to watch several videos on chainsaw safety.

I've already watched about six of them this morning. Someone is going to come take some of the logs. My first option is to have this person agree to cut all of the logs into lifetable logs as "compensation" for me giving him logs to use for burning. Next option is a handsaw and if that just is something that I'm killing my back with. Third option is an electric chainsaw, buy chaps, helmet and always keep the bar angled in a way it cannot kick back into my face or legs. I have zero issue trying the chainsaw and going NOPE and returning it and then paying someone to do it. I'm not 20 years old anymore and wounds don't heal as fast. And I wanna enjoy this summer with my daughter.

Those are the soft plans as of now. I need things to fall into place first. Once I get confirmation that this option two guy will cut my trees down, I'll be posting on Facebook about free logs. The hope is most of the logs (if not all of them) are picked up.

Edit, thank you for the concern. Twenty years ago I would have already tried cutting down one of the trees on my own. There's some wisdom that has come with my aging, haha. Not a lot, but I know my limits -- kinda.
UserPostedImage
earthquake
10 months ago

I've already watched about six of them this morning. Someone is going to come take some of the logs. My first option is to have this person agree to cut all of the logs into lifetable logs as "compensation" for me giving him logs to use for burning. Next option is a handsaw and if that just is something that I'm killing my back with. Third option is an electric chainsaw, buy chaps, helmet and always keep the bar angled in a way it cannot kick back into my face or legs. I have zero issue trying the chainsaw and going NOPE and returning it and then paying someone to do it. I'm not 20 years old anymore and wounds don't heal as fast. And I wanna enjoy this summer with my daughter.

Those are the soft plans as of now. I need things to fall into place first. Once I get confirmation that this option two guy will cut my trees down, I'll be posting on Facebook about free logs. The hope is most of the logs (if not all of them) are picked up.

Edit, thank you for the concern. Twenty years ago I would have already tried cutting down one of the trees on my own. There's some wisdom that has come with my aging, haha. Not a lot, but I know my limits -- kinda.

I wouldn't bother with a hand saw. You'll spend an hour cutting through half a log.

An electric chainsaw with the proper safe equipment (chaps, face shield) is manageable. Do some test cuts on smaller logs first. Make sure you elevate the logs or roll them as you're cutting so the chain never hits dirt - it will dull immediately and need to be sharpened or replaced if you run it into the ground.

I've got the Makita 16" LXT battery-operated saw. It works pretty well but the batteries don't last very long if you're cutting bigger logs, so if you go cordless you might want at least 6 batteries to cut for more than half an hour at a time or so. Cordless makes sense if you already have a system with a bunch of batteries. Corded would be a better bet if you don't. When these saws get hot/when the chain gets hot they seize up and stop cutting, so there's a practical limit to how long you can cut with an electric saw before you need to take a break and let it cool down.

Renting a gas saw would be an option too, depending on how much work you plan to do and how thick the logs are. For thin logs and limbs, electric is totally fine.
blank
Zero2Cool
10 months ago
The trees will be chopped down in about three weeks. I got folks coming to chunk up the logs and more folks to take the wood. I might not need to even pick up a chainsaw!
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (5h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (6h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (7h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (7h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (10h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (10h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (14h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (14h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
26m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

30m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.