Mucky Tundra
a year ago
We're less than a day from the 2023 Draft and a few days into a new era in Packers history. So in order to kill some time until the draft starts, what are your draft predictions?

1. Gute will take an offensive lineman in the draft: layup at this point
2. Three TEs will be taken by the end of draft: need bodies at the position badly and Gute has zero issue double and triple dipping at a position 
3. Gute will break from his traditional size requirements and take a smaller guy at WR (less than 6 foot 200 pounds): weak WR class, lots of smaller guys and the need for speed means Gute gets away from his usual standards. 
4. Aaron Jones' replacement will be drafted in the 4th/5th round and will be almost identical in height, weight, RAS score etc: Jones is going to be 29 by the end of the season and will have a hefty cap hit next year (just north of $17 million according to Over the Cap).
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
a year ago
Good observations. May want to add one more- Gute takes an older player in the first two rounds.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

We're less than a day from the 2023 Draft and a few days into a new era in Packers history. So in order to kill some time until the draft starts, what are your draft predictions?

2. Three TEs will be taken by the end of draft: need bodies at the position badly and Gute has zero issue double and triple dipping at a position 
3. Gute will break from his traditional size requirements and take a smaller guy at WR (less than 6 foot 200 pounds): weak WR class, lots of smaller guys and the need for speed means Gute gets away from his usual standards. 
4. Aaron Jones' replacement will be drafted in the 4th/5th round and will be almost identical in height, weight, RAS score etc: Jones is going to be 29 by the end of the season and will have a hefty cap hit next year (just north of $17 million according to Over the Cap).

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

Packers have 4 TE's and 5 WR's on the roster and you coming with this TE's trash? You're an idiot! You're stupid!! Wait, hold on, this isn't Tweeter, my apologies, my bad, I am sorry!!!

Okay, we do have four 7th round picks, so I guess three of them will likely be TE's. It helps shore up special teams!!

I would like to give a prediction. I'm just too uninformed. I didn't watch a single game of college outside of Badgers games. So, everything I know is from combine results, highlight videos and box score reads. 

AJ Dillon is in final year so I think a RB or two seems likely. I try to look at the expiring contracts and the career duration of players. That has been helpful in projecting positions the Packers will try to load up on. RB's are a position that they tend to have short careers while they can be productive in year one. So you can wait until RB is in final year to draft someone to replace the production. 

I'm going on a tangent and way off topic so I shuddup now. Good stuff though Mucky and it makes sense! So that means Packers will draft three QB's 

UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
a year ago

I would like to give a prediction. I'm just too uninformed. I didn't watch a single game of college outside of Badgers games. So, everything I know is from combine results, highlight videos and box score reads. 

AJ Dillon is in final year so I think a RB or two seems likely. I try to look at the expiring contracts and the career duration of players. That has been helpful in projecting positions the Packers will try to load up on. RB's are a position that they tend to have short careers while they can be productive in year one. So you can wait until RB is in final year to draft someone to replace the production. 

I'm going on a tangent and way off topic so I shuddup now. Good stuff though Mucky and it makes sense! So that means Packers will draft three QB's 

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Tbh, I dont know much about college guys either. I'm just going based on Gutes past tendencies+what I've been able to learn the past week or so (as you said in another thread, it felt like the draft season only started after Rodgers got traded)

Regarding RB, I think Dillon will be kept around since he's younger and will likely be more affordable plus he'll be the power to someone else's speed in the future.

I dont know about three QBs, but I think they'll draft one. 👍
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
porky88
a year ago
JSN - I think he is on par with Garrett Wilson as a prospect 
OT - There is a good group of prospects. Think Peter Skoronski fits the culture of our team.
Pass Rush - Luke Van Ness reminds me of DeMarcus Ware

Bold Prediction - Packers make two picks tonight.
beast
a year ago

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

I think #3 is a bold one, the rest I think are extremely possible, though a bit surprised you guessed the RB will be identical in height, because it limits it so.

I think Gute will keep getting players that are at least 200 lbs. This draft is loaded with smaller WRs but there are absolutely some big ones as well. I'm thinking Tillman, Rice, Mingo... Packers also met with some in predraft.

This would only be if he falls to the Packers picks in the 2nd round but the RB from Alabama, I was thinking he would be like Dalvin Cook but faster and the Packers might like that for a potential RB replacement.

Someone over 270 lbs will be drafted by the Packers in the 2nd round (or wherever the 2nd round picks are traded to).

Some fans are going to be upset lol
I might be totally wrong, but I'm thinking they're having a rebuilding year and this draft will be about loading up the offense for QB Love and letting the offense develop together, as it can take the offense longer to get on the smae page and then hopefully they'll be set going into 2024 and the future.

Packers draft at least 3 players they had pre-draft meetings with.

1. TE Darnell Washington, Georgia

2. OLB Will McDonald IV, Iowa State

3. S Jordan Howden, Minnesota

4. DB Jammie Robinson, Florida State

5. WR Dontayvion Wicks, Virginia

6. RB Keaton Mitchell, East Carolina

7. S/LB Marte Mapu, Sacramento State

8. QB Hendon Hooker, Tennessee

9. OT Darnell Wright, Tennessee

10. OLB/DL Keion White, Georgia Tech

11. RB Lew Nichols III, Central Michigan

12. QB Sean Clifford, Penn State

13. RB Evan Hull, Northwestern

14. DL Jaquelin Roy, LSU

15. TE Dalton Kincaid, Utah

16. TE Ben Sims, Baylor

17. OL Atonio Mafi, UCLA

18. CB Tyrique Stevenson, Miami

19. TE Josh Whyle, Cincinnati

20. DB Jartavius ‘Quan’ Martin, Illinois

21. OLB Felix Anudike-Uzomah, Kansas State

22. WR Ryan Miller, Furman

23. WR Rashee Rice, SMU

24. OT Kadeem Telfort, UAB

25. QB Tanner Morgan, Minnesota

26. TE Camren McDonald, Florida State

27. S Quindell Johnson, Memphis

28. DL Karl Brooks, Bowling Green

29. DL Scott Matlock, Boise State

30. WR Adonicas Sanders, Temple

31. OLB Tyrus Sweat, Miss. State

Local visits: WR Cole Tucker, OLB/DL Adetomiwa Adebawore

UserPostedImage
dhazer
a year ago

JSN - I think he is on par with Garrett Wilson as a prospect 
OT - There is a good group of prospects. Think Peter Skoronski fits the culture of our team.
Pass Rush - Luke Van Ness reminds me of DeMarcus Ware

Bold Prediction - Packers make two picks tonight.

Originally Posted by: porky88 

I say they trade back up for a TE after they draft the OSU kid

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
beast
a year ago
Packers did keep drafting players that visited, though all lower picks this year.

Packers UDFA

1. TE Darnell Washington, Georgia

2. OLB Will McDonald IV, Iowa State

3. S Jordan Howden, Minnesota

4. DB Jammie Robinson, Florida State

6. RB Keaton Mitchell, East Carolina

7. S/LB Marte Mapu, Sacramento State

8. QB Hendon Hooker, Tennessee

9. OT Darnell Wright, Tennessee

10. OLB/DL Keion White, Georgia Tech

13. RB Evan Hull, Northwestern

14. DL Jaquelin Roy, LSU

15. TE Dalton Kincaid, Utah

16. TE Ben Sims, Baylor

17. OL Atonio Mafi, UCLA

18. CB Tyrique Stevenson, Miami

19. TE Josh Whyle, Cincinnati

20. DB Jartavius ‘Quan’ Martin, Illinois

21. OLB Felix Anudike-Uzomah, Kansas State

22. WR Ryan Miller, Furman

23. WR Rashee Rice, SMU

25. QB Tanner Morgan, Minnesota

27. S Quindell Johnson, Memphis

29. DL Scott Matlock, Boise State

30. WR Adonicas Sanders, Temple

31. OLB Tyrus Sweat, Miss. State

Local visits: WR Cole Tucker, OLB/DL Adetomiwa Adebawore

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
beast (5h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (7h) : damn those vikings
beast (7h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (7h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (7h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (7h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (7h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (14h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (15h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (15h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.