dfosterf
a year ago
All of that is well and good, but it makes assumptions I would characterize as "not in evidence". 

We do not know what impact this different narrative emerging will have on the continued negotiations. I would submit that it is extremely difficult to find a positive ramification of any kind by speaking to these matters prior to consummation of a contract. While it might be refreshing to us as fans to hear from Gute his side of the story, and I definitely believe him, I have yet to see any posititive result from having done so thus far. 
What good did it do right now?

Answer:

None, other than he wanted to get it off his chest. Understandably so, but this could and should have been held in abeyance. He accomplished nothing at the maximum by airing this before a trade. That's right- at the maximum vs. minimum. 

And since we are making assumptions here, I have one. 

I'm going to assume that one of the so-called journalists comes up with the bright idea of asking the Jets GM his plan of action when Rodgers decides to not answer his phone calls. 

I'll assume he's gonna love that question, lol

I'm also going to assume that since Rodgers and Gute ran their mouths in this he said she said manner, the Jets are going to want draft compensation from us if Rodgers doesn't play in 2024. Put that in your "big boy negotiations" or words to that effect pipe and smoke it. That will be JUST great, sitting around waiting for Aaron to come out of the jungle or closet or wherever,  while we as Packer fans wait to find out if we're losing a draft pick, at least in part to an airing of all this waffling by Rodgers, due at least in part by our highly fleecable GM running his big yap.

Its my prediction. 

Zero2Cool
a year ago

All of that is well and good, but it makes assumptions I would characterize as "not in evidence". 

We do not know what impact this different narrative emerging will have on the continued negotiations. I would submit that it is extremely difficult to find a positive ramification of any kind by speaking to these matters prior to consummation of a contract. While it might be refreshing to us as fans to hear from Gute his side of the story, and I definitely believe him, I have yet to see any posititive result from having done so thus far. 
What good did it do right now?

Answer:

None, other than he wanted to get it off his chest. Understandably so, but this could and should have been held in abeyance. He accomplished nothing at the maximum by airing this before a trade. That's right- at the maximum vs. minimum. 

And since we are making assumptions here, I have one. 

I'm going to assume that one of the so-called journalists comes up with the bright idea of asking the Jets GM his plan of action when Rodgers decides to not answer his phone calls. 

I'll assume he's gonna love that question, lol

I'm also going to assume that since Rodgers and Gute ran their mouths in this he said she said manner, the Jets are going to want draft compensation from us if Rodgers doesn't play in 2024. Put that in your "big boy negotiations" or words to that effect pipe and smoke it. That will be JUST great, sitting around waiting for Aaron to come out of the jungle or closet or wherever,  while we as Packer fans wait to find out if we're losing a draft pick, at least in part to an airing of all this waffling by Rodgers, due at least in part by our highly fleecable GM running his big yap.

Its my prediction.  

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

If your summation is it would have been better to not speak on it (ala Matt LaFleur) today? I agree. However, I just do not think anything he said has any bearing whatsoever in the negotiations. 

Of what I've heard Aaron Rodgers say and Brian Gutekunst say. The only piece that really hits home in what can be used in negotiations is Rodgers saying he was 90% retired before his darkness retreat. Common sense and logic have taken over. But, if someone wants to give examples, I am absolutely open to hearing them and how they change negotiations.

I would love to hear the GM's answer to your question! haha. However, it'll probably be "Aaron and I have a great relationship, I do not envision that being a problem". Just another way to zing the Packers and get further in the good graces of 12.

Our fleecable GM? You mean, the one that fleeced the Saints who had the great head coach Sean Payton? 

It's so weird how grown adults get so petty over humans they have never met and really do not know personally in any shape or form. Then again, I hate the Cowboys for the 90's so who the heck am I to talk!!
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
a year ago
Calling Gute fleecable is not petty.  It is an opinion. They just signed Rodgers to a 150 million and change contract extension with 100 million guaranteed that runs until 2026. That contract is pretty much prima facie evidence of a fleece job by Rodgers and his agent, especially in light of its impact on this proposed trade. 
As to all the other aspects of Gute opting to effectively call Aaron a liar- a reasonable interpretation of what he did- 
I have zero problem with that, practically predicted it would happen, just wish he would have waited to do so until after he was traded. Because he didn't, we have no idea what is coming down the pike next. Will it be a trade announcement? Will it be some tit from Aaron for Gute's tat? Who the hell knows. Gute should in fact have done what MLF did, which is kiss Aaron's ass. Just because you don't have any insight into how this could possibly negatively impact trade negotiations doesn't mean it will not. 
As to what he said, I found it artful, matter-of-fact and refreshing. It was just too soon and served no purpose. Some people have difficulty in picking up nuanced arguments. (See what I did there?) 😆 
Zero2Cool
a year ago

Calling Gute fleecable is not petty.  It is an opinion. They just signed Rodgers to a 150 million and change contract extension with 100 million guaranteed that runs until 2026. That contract is pretty much prima facie evidence of a fleece job by Rodgers and his agent, especially in light of its impact on this proposed trade. 
As to all the other aspects of Gute opting to effectively call Aaron a liar- a reasonable interpretation of what he did- 
I have zero problem with that, practically predicted it would happen, just wish he would have waited to do so until after he was traded. Because he didn't, we have no idea what is coming down the pike next. Will it be a trade announcement? Will it be some tit from Aaron for Gute's tat? Who the hell knows. Gute should in fact have done what MLF did, which is kiss Aaron's ass. Just because you don't have any insight into how this could possibly negatively impact trade negotiations doesn't mean it will not. 
As to what he said, I found it artful, matter-of-fact and refreshing. It was just too soon and served no purpose. Some people have difficulty in picking up nuanced arguments. (See what I did there?) 😆 

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

Ah, so you're thinking the contract that Russ Ball wrote up and Mark Murphy approved for Aaron Rodgers is how Brian Gutekunst got fleeced? I have to say you are right. Aaron Rodgers and his agent(s) fleeced the entire organization. Did any of us think that contract was good when it was first announced? I think every single one of us were like ...umm WTF?

True, you have no insight on how the comments from Gutekunst could negatively impact the trade negotiations.

Hey, don't worry that you cannot pick up on things. You have a busy life that you're living to the fullest! You ain't got time for this frivolous crap! 

You said you are fine with the comments from Gutekunst, but just wish they came post the trade. I respect that, but I think those folks saying that would also be first in line to say "let it go, he's gone, it's over, move on", so really, there just isn't pleasing some folks who like to yell at the clouds for amusement. 
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

11h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

12h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

13h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

17h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

17h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.