beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
a year ago

The Packers offense will certainly be different next season. Marcedes Lewis is probably gone, Randall Cobb might not stay in the NFL, Allen Lazard signed with the Jets, and, oh yeah, Aaron Rodgers has asked for a trade to the Jets. In a lot of ways, the Packers offense has looked the same for a [...]

The post How Will the Packers Offense Change With Jordan Love?  first appeared on PackersTalk.com .

Continue Reading @ PackersTalk 

PackersTalk wrote:

Total guessing here, but I'm thinking scheme wise the Packers offensive might look more like the 49ers as LaFleaur goes more towards a traditional wide zone scheme based offensive and gets away from the hybrid we have been running with LaFleaur/Rodgers.

But to do that, the Packers need more TEs and more versatile TEs at that, but this is the best TE draft in a good while.

UserPostedImage
dhazer
a year ago
I personally think the offense will be a top 10 offense this year. The reasoning behind this is that we will run the true Lafleur offense which is depend on the run and pass when needed. Ball control offense will make your defense even better. Rodgers as was stated many times last year would change the plays and run what he wanted to run. Look at his INTs in Detroit where you see the offensive linemen raising their arms like WTF why wasn't it a running play. If you have a solid running game it will make the qb's job easier and less stressful. Love is more than capable of running this offense and I am predicting an above 500 finish this year with maybe even a playoff berth. The Lions will be the cream of our division but with the NFC so weak I can see the Packers sliding in as a wildcard. RUN the ball over and over again, that's why you kept the 2 backs.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
a year ago
Rodgers also changed plays to get them in the best plays available, and LaFleaur claimed Rodgers was one of the best at it.

Though, I still believe some defensive coordinators attempted to show Rodgers one look, knowing he would audible out of a certain type of play based on that look and then the actual play call was something else.

Like when the passing game was struggling, they would show Rodgers a run heavy defensive look, knowing he'd switch it to a pass play, and they'd have their defensive players in a run look, but tell them to penetrate as much as possible which gets after the passer more than clogs the running lanes.

But either way, Love doesn't have as many weapons, so I think the offense currently will be worse than last year. Of course, if we upgrade an OL, get two TEs and another WR in, that could change a lot of things.

Of course, the Packers OL struggled a lot early on last year too. I think Watson not pulling his hammy will also be key, going full speed like that will pull his hammy some and Packers need a backup speed guys for when that happens.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago
I think we'll see more equal run to pass ratio. Less bombs on third and short. I'm hoping our QB takes what defenses give him and matriculates the ball down the field efficiently.

The Lions will be the cream of our division

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

Pretty much the same statement you've made for about 17 years now man lol
UserPostedImage
earthquake
a year ago

I think we'll see more equal run to pass ratio. Less bombs on third and short. I'm hoping our QB takes what defenses give him and matriculates the ball down the field efficiently.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I think you're probably right that they will pass less, but I don't expect it will change dramatically. The Packers have been a balanced team the last three years in MLF's offense, with the pass vs run ratio being roughly average compared to the rest of the league. But maybe they get down to the bottom 3rd, passing in the 52-54% range. I would guess a young Jordan Love tucking it and running a little more often than Rodgers' in his late career might be enough to drop this a couple of percentage points.

2022 #18 55%
2021 #16 57%
2020 #16 57%

2018 #2 67%
2017 #9 59%
2016 #4 62%

It's interesting to see the huge change over McCarthy's last three years.

The consistency of the run/pass ratio over the last 3 years makes me think Rodgers was probably freelancing less than people assume. Those figures look like a system working as designed. In any case, it will be interesting to see how it shakes out. While I think it will be a positive for Love to take what the defense gives him to some extent, there isn't any replacing Rodger's intangibles - instincts, experience, or whatever you want to call it.

blank
dfosterf
a year ago
I just hope Jordan doesn't constantly let the friggin' play clock get to zero or thereabouts on what seemed like every play. Shit drove many of us nuts, as if we didn't have enough to sweat about, for cripes sake. Casual Jets fans gonna find out how ennervating that aspect of an Aaron Rodgers offense can be.  
Zero2Cool
a year ago

I just hope Jordan doesn't constantly let the friggin' play clock get to zero or thereabouts on what seemed like every play. Shit drove many of us nuts, as if we didn't have enough to sweat about, for cripes sake. Casual Jets fans gonna find out how ennervating that aspect of an Aaron Rodgers offense can be.  

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

Rodgers is far from the only QB to do that. Be prepared to be pissed. 
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
a year ago

Rodgers is far from the only QB to do that. Be prepared to be pissed. 

You are probably correct that Rodgers is far from the only quarterback to do that. Thing is, it doesnt really come to mind at all as a fan when another teams' quarterback does it, e.g. Let's say when the Packers play the Vikings...
I'm not standing up in front of the TV freaking the f out, yelling for Cousins to friggin' snap the friggin' ball, sucking on my beer at a rate higher than otherwise needed,  getting  progressively more nervous as the play clock hits zero...again...

I don't think I ever gave a damn when or if another teams' qb does it, just mine. 

dhazer
a year ago

Pretty much the same statement you've made for about 17 years now man lol

So your saying there is a chance I might be right lol
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
a year ago
Mr Hazer said: 

I think Rodgers enjoyed the cat and mouse a little bit too much. when everybody knows you’re going to read the defense and audible, they are rarely going to give you the look that they ultimately want to end up with. 

that is why in the playoffs I really enjoyed watching teams get up to the huddle and immediately just snap the ball and run whatever was called. I hope we do that alot next year.

That’s not to say we do it all the time but when you constantly run the clock down to zero, the other team is going to play games. Inconsistency in pattern of play calls, snap timing and audible cadence, as well as other aspects of offense are key to keeping a defense off balance.
Go Packers!!!!
Fan Shout
beast (37m) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (37m) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (4h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (4h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
39m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

20h / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.