go.pack.go.
a year ago
None of the Packers coaches will be at the NFL Scouting Combine. Instead, they will be working on “scheme projects”. This is via Rob Demovsky. 

Is this normal? I assume we will at least have some scouts there? 
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

None of the Packers coaches will be at the NFL Scouting Combine. Instead, they will be working on “scheme projects”. This is via Rob Demovsky. 

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

It's more common now than a decade and further back. Reason is they get a lot of the same information via different methods. There's a good chance the GM and Scouting Personnel will continue to attend, but even that might be more skeleton crew than what it used to be. 

I saw this on Tweeter and quite a few fans were losing their minds because the HC and assistants weren't attending. 
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago
Some on radio are speculating that the coaching staff didn't go to Indianapolis because they don't wanna be handling the Rodgers questions. Also, another part is the coaching staff might not all be on the same page. Meaning some might want Rodgers, some might want Love, some might just want Rodgers gone.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
a year ago

It's more common now than a decade and further back. Reason is they get a lot of the same information via different methods. There's a good chance the GM and Scouting Personnel will continue to attend, but even that might be more skeleton crew than what it used to be. 

I saw this on Tweeter and quite a few fans were losing their minds because the HC and assistants weren't attending. 

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I have no recollection of an NFL team deciding to not have their coaches attend the combine, so the "more common" decision looks a hell of a lot like us, no one else this year, or any other year I know of. I guess we are innovative, what with our famously comparatively brilliant coaching staff. Maybe they will sit in the Hutson center or somewhere besides the sidelines  during games -watching it on a big screen- as well in order to scheme for the next game...upon reflection, possibly not as crazy as it sounds, employing the Green Bay Packers football team version of the  Hippocratic oath... " First, do no harm" 

I'm kidding, I think...

beast
a year ago

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

As far as I know, it wasn't normal until this year where multiple teams choose that, but it's my understanding all the scouts from all teams are there, just not the coaches for some teams.

Which, I truly believe scouting and coaching are extremely different and most people don't seem to be good at both, and most coaches that have also been GM have struggled.

Though I have wondered if "scheme projects” means we might be changing up the schemes which sort of excites me.
​​​​
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
a year ago
Which ones? Which teams -other than the magnificently brilliantly innovative Green Bay Packers- did not send their coaches to the NFL combine?
beast
a year ago

Which ones? Which teams -other than the magnificently brilliantly innovative Green Bay Packers- did not send their coaches to the NFL combine?

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

Just a Google search away
According to this article, Rams, Saints, Patriots and Chargers  will not have their head coach nor their GMs at the combine, and it sounds like that's the standard for the Rams.

According to this article, which is for the 2022 combine, Rams, 49ers and Jets entire coaching staffs were not attending the 2022 combine.  And those are the coaching staffs that Matt LaFleaur was most closely linked to. But sounds like their GMs still went.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

I have no recollection of an NFL team deciding to not have their coaches attend the combine, so the "more common" decision looks a hell of a lot like us, no one else this year, or any other year I know of. I guess we are innovative, what with our famously comparatively brilliant coaching staff. Maybe they will sit in the Hutson center or somewhere besides the sidelines  during games -watching it on a big screen- as well in order to scheme for the next game...upon reflection, possibly not as crazy as it sounds, employing the Green Bay Packers football team version of the  Hippocratic oath... " First, do no harm" 

I'm kidding, I think... 

Do you really pay any attention to other coaching staff's attendance at the combine though? You're only talking about it now because the Packers coaching staff elected to stay back this year. 

I understand why coaching staffs are staying behind. I don't necessarily agree with it. I think if you have opportunity to talk to these kids up front, face to face, you take it. It's not like the coaching staff cannot do whatever they're doing right now, next week or week after, or the week prior to combine. So, to me, it's a missed opportunity. I know, I know, our jobs cannot be related to sports, HOWEVER, when my employer offers to send me to one of our facilities, I always jump at the chance because I get to meet other co-workers, I get to see how other plants operate, and I always find something I can learn. 

So, why did Packers coaching staff stay back?
  • Some have pointed out that Gutekunst isn't locked in on Rodgers with his comments this year whereas years prior it was "we are not trading Aaron". And LaFleur has been passionate, almost emotional in his support of Rodgers. So, maybe coaching staff was held back so there weren't narratives created about GM and HC not on same page regarding QB1?
  • Perhaps there's going to be some coaching changes coming in the next month and LaFleur is like why bring these temporary assclowns I should have canned months ago to interview kids they won't be coaching?
  • Maybe their is another reason that even through my infinite brainpower and wisdom has eluded me on this on 7:18am Monday morning? Unlikely, but we must consider that.

UserPostedImage
dfosterf
a year ago
All valid points, but I really can't recall any team deciding to not send their entire coaching staff. It really isn't a big deal to me, but I just felt that the rationale was weak at best, and chimed in with some cynical humor. 
I can think of many reasons for them to be there, and the stated rationale for not being there, contrasted with what Zero speculated on, was weak tea, imo. I'm certainly not up in arms about it. 

Zero2Cool
a year ago

All valid points, but I really can't recall any team deciding to not send their entire coaching staff. It really isn't a big deal to me, but I just felt that the rationale was weak at best, and chimed in with some cynical humor. 

I can think of many reasons for them to be there, and the stated rationale for not being there, contrasted with what Zero speculated on, was weak tea, imo. I'm certainly not up in arms about it.  

I think I stated rationale for attending and even stated I don't agree with the absence.

You can think of many reasons for them to be there? Great, let's hear some that haven't been mentioned. I'm sure I left out a few.

Or are you gonna just be "weak tea", whatever the hell that is, you muppet tosser!
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (3h) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (7h) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (7h) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.