dhazer
a year ago
Well the past few years have really killed me watching football and I get to the point where I could care less if I even see the game. I used to be a diehard fan and probably still pretty solid as I tell everyone out here I was raised a Packer and that was our history class, Our holidays were the day of the ice bowl and the 1st 2 Super Bowls lol. They keep telling me that I need to switch to the Steelers and I tell them that's not fair to them. They get confused until I tell them that they are so proud of the steelers and I don't feel the same way and just because I live here shouldn't mean I have to be fan. To be honest when I was a kid I was actually a Seahawks fan when they first joined the league because I loved their uniforms. And yes I am old so I remember sucking but I think those were actually the most fun years also. I am guessing the game Kevin referred to back in 89 was the instant replay game on the 4th down winner against the Bears. Look at those fans when we beat the Bears, that was just like winning the Super Bowl. But winning can spoil you and also drain you of enthusiasm. The past few years we get to the playoffs and just felt well who are we going to lose to. The Redskins MNF game was awesome to be at in person and the last time I was at a game in Lambeau it was just like ok I am here so I can say I was and barely paid attention to the game. But people need to remember also that all fans don't have to agree as most know I am done and have been on Rodgers since day 1 but that doesn't mean I'm not a packer fan. but in the long run I will just say I spent who knows how many years here talking to alot of you and I think of you all as family.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
a year ago
It is a very interesting post. Whether it is the fact we are not playing as well, the NFL in general, or that our very expensive leader is not all that likable I find myself finding other outlets. I still come here and other sites and read the posts, but I am not as active or as die hard. I don't know the practice squad by heart. Who is inactive on game day. I think if we would have traded Aaron it would have changed things, but alas I had a bad feeling when we didn't. The same feeling I had when we gave Bakh all that money.

Football will always be my sport. So I have started watching college. I have always cheered for Syracuse as they are the closest big name University that has produced NFL talent. Their football coaches also come to Ottawa and run programs for the kids here.

I just also started following the University of Wyoming. It seems an odd choice, but I am fascinated that this little town of 30 thousand was the University that produced the best player in the NFL at the moment...who is also very likable. They are like a Green Bay version of University Football.

I will always cheer for the Packers, but I may need to wait until we get some change to rejuvenate my love.
Nonstopdrivel
a year ago

So I have started watching college.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

Whereas I have started watching CFL when it happens to be on TV in the physicians' lounge, and I have discovered that while the talent is obviously not on the level of the NFL, the game action itself is pretty damn fun. I get pumped at how excited the players seem to be just to step foot on the field. I love all the forward pre-snap motion that is allowed. I like the old-school feel of having the goal posts on the goal line. I like the urgency of only having three downs. I do wish the defense wasn't so hamstrung by the wide field, but alas, hamstrung defenses are endemic to all brands of football these days.
UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
a year ago

Whereas I have started watching CFL when it happens to be on TV in the physicians' lounge, and I have discovered that while the talent is obviously not on the level of the NFL, the game action itself is pretty damn fun. I get pumped at how excited the players seem to be just to step foot on the field. I love all the forward pre-snap motion that is allowed. I like the old-school feel of having the goal posts on the goal line. I like the urgency of only having three downs. I do wish the defense wasn't so hamstrung by the wide field, but alas, hamstrung defenses are endemic to all brands of football these days.

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

re
I grew up a CFL fan. I do love the game. I have season tickets for the Ottawa Redblacks with a bunch of buddies. It is fun. There is much more offense which is great. Unfortunately we don't have the talent at QB like we used to. Probably a product of the fact that a QB on the practice squad in the NFL makes more than a CFL starter nowadays. Growing up watching Warren Moon, Tom Clements (who actually played for the teem I cheer for as a kid Winnipeg), Doug Flutie, Jeff Garcia was when it was really good. Still pretty fun entertainment for the money.

I have always watched Canadian University football. My Alma Mater Western has always been a powerhouse team and contender for the Vanier Cup as top University team.
dhazer
a year ago

re
I grew up a CFL fan. I do love the game. I have season tickets for the Ottawa Redblacks with a bunch of buddies. It is fun. There is much more offense which is great. Unfortunately we don't have the talent at QB like we used to. Probably a product of the fact that a QB on the practice squad in the NFL makes more than a CFL starter nowadays. Growing up watching Warren Moon, Tom Clements (who actually played for the teem I cheer for as a kid Winnipeg), Doug Flutie, Jeff Garcia was when it was really good. Still pretty fun entertainment for the money.

I have always watched Canadian University football. My Alma Mater Western has always been a powerhouse team and contender for the Vanier Cup as top University team.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

Don't tell me they changed the name because my nickname as a kid was fat otto and ESPN used to always have on the CFL and my team was the Ottawa Roughriders, back in the day they used to challenge the NFL for players. I actually live a few miles from the town of the greatest wide receiver in CFL history, Geroy Simon and actually met his mom. He is actually a humble guy. Hes from Johnstown Pa.

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
a year ago

Don't tell me they changed the name because my nickname as a kid was fat otto and ESPN used to always have on the CFL and my team was the Ottawa Roughriders, back in the day they used to challenge the NFL for players. I actually live a few miles from the town of the greatest wide receiver in CFL history, Geroy Simon and actually met his mom. He is actually a humble guy. Hes from Johnstown Pa.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

Ottawa lost their team twice. When I moved to Ottawa in 1996 it was the final year of the Roughriders. I owned season tickets that year. David Archer was our QB that last season.

They came back for a few years as the Ottawa Renegades. I was a season ticket holder with my wife as having tickets guaranteed front in line and the ability to have my season tickets as Grey Cup tickets as it was held in Ottawa. That team folded as well.

The Redblacks is the new name of the team as of 2010.

The Eskimos did change their name to the Edmonton Elks. Never heard Warren Moon's thoughts on the name change of the team who he was an all-star.
TheKanataThrilla
a year ago

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

Geroy Simon is an absolute legend. Really great guy and great with the fans.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (12m) : damn those vikings
beast (34m) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (40m) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (41m) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (42m) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (43m) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (7h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (8h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (8h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.