Zero2Cool
a year ago

Packers running back Aaron Jones wanted his team to run the ball in a key moment on Sunday, when two straight incompletions ended the Packers’ last, best chance.

With 1:11 remaining on Sunday, the Packers faced third-and-1 at the Giants’ 6-yard line, while trailing 27-20. They appeared to be set to score a touchdown and send the game to overtime, but that isn’t what happened. Instead, an Aaron Rodgers pass was batted down at the line of scrimmage on third-and-1, and then another Rodgers pass was batted down on fourth-and-1, and the Giants got the ball and the win.

Jones said afterward that if the Packers had just handed off, they would have picked up the first down.

“I’d put my money on giving me or AJ Dillon two downs to get two yards, I’d put my money on it,” Jones said. “At the same time, I’m not the quarterback, so I don’t know what A-Rod’s seeing, and they made a good defensive play to bat it down. So we just go back to the drawing board, put our heads down and keep working.”

The play calling was surprising, and the result was a surprising loss for the Packers.

Continue Reading @ Michael David Smith 

Michael David Smith wrote:

I think you gotta run it with one of the studs on 3rd and 2. If it gets smashed, you pass on 4th.
UserPostedImage
macbob
a year ago
After Thur night Russell Wilson & the Bronco's failed pass on 4th & 1, I'm with Richard Sherman, who obviously hasn't gotten over the Seahawks loss in the Super Bowl.

UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
a year ago
Yeah he’s correct. At least try it on 3rd. I’m fed up with this team’s coaching/decision making right now.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
a year ago
The dumbest call in a long time!

I don't know if Aaron decided to audible to a pass, on 3rd down?

That should not have been an option.

RUN THE DAMN BALL on 3rd down!
The Packers don't make it, everyone could live with that.
4th down is still there.

Look, when the schedule was released, I could very easily see a 3-2 record after 5 weeks.

The difference is I saw a loss to Tampa , not The Giants.

The Packers are still on schedule to win 12 games just by winning at home and splitting on the road.

My big fear is The Locker Room is getting divided.
Time for The Leaders to step up and not let that happen.

NOW IS NOT THE TIME TO PANIC!!😀😀
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Zero2Cool
a year ago

Yeah he’s correct. At least try it on 3rd. I’m fed up with this team’s coaching/decision making right now.

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

I read a lot of Tweets saying things about McCarthy, not you, but your comment here made me think of this. Maybe it's time to stop blaming McCarthy for the same "play calling" we're seeing and maybe consider that it might be our QB?
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

I think you gotta run it with one of the studs on 3rd and 2. If it gets smashed, you pass on 4th.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

The full audio shines a little different light than the text.

UserPostedImage
dhazer
a year ago

I read a lot of Tweets saying things about McCarthy, not you, but your comment here made me think of this. Maybe it's time to stop blaming McCarthy for the same "play calling" we're seeing and maybe consider that it might be our QB?

Ive been saying for years that Rodgers audibles out of alot of plays and of course he is god so he never gets any blame but it looks like the team might be getting tired of his antics. It sure sounded like it was a run/ pass option and we know what Rodgers will take on that all day long.

So you need what say 2 yards and your backs are averaging 4.7 yds per carry and you say naaa we won't run it on either down. Time to call the greatest out on it.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
dhazer
a year ago
Ok this should tell the story of it all lets do play by play for the Packers in the 2nd half with the 20-10 lead:

Punt7 plays, 46 yards, 4:42
NYG13GB20

(7:57 - 3rd) G.Gano kicks 60 yards from NYG 35 to GB 5. C.Watson to GB 26 for 21 yards (J.Layne). PENALTY on GB-I.McDuffie, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at GB 22.
1st & 10 at GB 12

(7:49 - 3rd) A.Rodgers pass short middle to A.Lazard to GB 29 for 17 yards (N.McCloud).
1st & 10 at GB 29

(7:04 - 3rd) (Shotgun) A.Jones left guard to GB 32 for 3 yards (D.Lawrence; N.Williams).
2nd & 7 at GB 32

(6:19 - 3rd) A.Rodgers pass incomplete deep middle to R.Doubs. PENALTY on NYG-N.McCloud, Illegal Contact, 5 yards, enforced at GB 32 - No Play.
1st & 10 at GB 37

(6:12 - 3rd) (Shotgun) A.Dillon right tackle to GB 48 for 11 yards (J.Smith).
1st & 10 at GB 48

(5:30 - 3rd) A.Rodgers pass incomplete short right to R.Cobb. Green Bay challenged the incomplete pass ruling, and the play was REVERSED. A.Rodgers pass short right to R.Cobb ran ob at NYG 38 for 14 yards.
1st & 10 at NYG 38

(4:58 - 3rd) A.Jones left guard to NYG 36 for 2 yards (O.Ximines).
2nd & 8 at NYG 36

(4:15 - 3rd) A.Rodgers pass incomplete deep left to R.Doubs.

(4:09 - 3rd) Timeout #1 by GB at 04:09.
3rd & 8 at NYG 36

(4:09 - 3rd) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers sacked at NYG 42 for -6 yards (D.Lawrence).
4th & 14 at NYG 42

(3:25 - 3rd) P.O'Donnell punts 33 yards to NYG 9, Center-J.Coco, downed by GB-K.Nixon. NYG-D.Davidson was injured during the play. His return is Doubtful.

Rodgers gives us a double whammy on this drive, he wastes a timeout on 3rd down and then comes out and takes a sack, with just an incomplete pass we have 4th and 8 at the 36, attempt a FG of 53 or go for it. But no chance with the sack

(10:08 - 4th) G.Gano kicks 65 yards from NYG 35 to end zone, Touchback.
1st & 10 at GB 25

(10:03 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete deep right to A.Lazard.
2nd & 10 at GB 25

(10:03 - 4th) A.Rodgers pass incomplete short middle to R.Cobb (N.McCloud).
3rd & 10 at GB 25

(9:59 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete deep left to A.Lazard (F.Moreau).
4th & 10 at GB 25

(9:52 - 4th) P.O'Donnell punts 41 yards to NYG 34, Center-J.Coco. J.Pinnock MUFFS catch, touched at NYG 37, ball out of bounds at NYG 40.

This drive seemed like Rodgers had to take a shit or something he just wanted to get off the field as none of his passes were even close. Your defense is on the field alot and you use maybe 15 seconds ? Run the ball and let the defense get a little breather

(6:08 - 4th) G.Gano kicks 65 yards from NYG 35 to end zone, Touchback.
1st & 10 at GB 25

(6:08 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete deep right to R.Cobb.
2nd & 10 at GB 25

(6:01 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Jones up the middle to GB 31 for 6 yards (J.Smith; T.Crowder).
3rd & 4 at GB 31

(5:30 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass short right to R.Tonyan ran ob at GB 45 for 14 yards (J.Love) [N.Williams]. NYG-F.Moreau was injured during the play. His return is Probable.
1st & 10 at GB 45

(4:46 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Dillon right tackle to GB 47 for 2 yards (T.Fox, J.Ellis).
2nd & 8 at GB 47

(4:05 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass short left to R.Cobb pushed ob at NYG 44 for 9 yards (D.Holmes).
1st & 10 at NYG 44

(4:01 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Jones left end to NYG 36 for 8 yards (J.Layne).
2nd & 2 at NYG 36

(3:23 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete short left to A.Lazard (J.Layne).
3rd & 2 at NYG 36

(3:19 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass short left to A.Lazard to NYG 27 for 9 yards (J.Layne).
1st & 10 at NYG 27

(2:24 - 4th) A.Rodgers pass short right to R.Doubs to NYG 19 for 8 yards (N.McCloud, J.Love).
2nd & 2 at NYG 19

(2:03 - 4th) (No Huddle) A.Rodgers pass short right to R.Tonyan pushed ob at NYG 15 for 4 yards (N.McCloud).

(1:58 - 4th) Two-Minute Warning
1st & 10 at NYG 15

(1:58 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Jones up the middle to NYG 8 for 7 yards (J.Smith; X.McKinney).
2nd & 3 at NYG 8

(1:17 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Jones up the middle to NYG 6 for 2 yards (K.Thibodeaux).

(1:11 - 4th) Timeout #1 by NYG at 01:11.
3rd & 1 at NYG 6

(1:11 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete short left to R.Cobb (K.Thibodeaux).
4th & 1 at NYG 6

(1:05 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete short right to A.Lazard (X.McKinney).

Not many runs but when they did they had success, and look at the plays before the 2 last plays, 2 runs for 9 yards and now you don't think you can get 1 yard?

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
a year ago

Maybe so. Regardless of who it is, somebody needs to figure the shit out. Rodgers needs to believe in the run game the same way that LaFleur needs to.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
a year ago
I'm not upset we lost. I'm concerned we're consistently shitting ourselves out there. Starting last January, and ongoing.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (10h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (12h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (12h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (12h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (13h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (16h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (16h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (19h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (19h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.