Zero2Cool
2 years ago

The more I look at Zero's final 53 the more I realize how wrong he is about his projections for the final 53.

Dafney on the 53 over Tyler Davis at TE?

And is he listing Cobb as our WR1? Cobb has a chance to not even make the roster. At best he is WR4.

Originally Posted by: PackerNation 

The more I look at your final 53, oh, wait, you haven't the stones to share such a list. You do say it's my projection then come at me about WR1 as if it's a depth chart? Weak.

Article comes out recently about Tyler Davis and how Packers think they really have something and suddenly you're confused on Dafney over Davis. Hindsight sure is your crown.

In your reply you say it's a final 53 projection, yet you try coming at me as if it's a depth chart? Numbered lists are used to identify players per position. Nothing more. I left myself open for a lot of ridicule posting a 53 in freaking MAY, I'll be damned if I'm taking depth chart shots too here!!!
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2 years ago
This is like watching a tennis match......it's Zero2cools time now.
Wow! I was too slow!
PNs turn now!🤪
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

This is like watching a tennis match......it's Zero2cools time now.
Wow! I was too slow!
PNs turn now!🤪

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I WILL DESTROY AND CONQUER ALL WHO OPPOSE MY BRILLIANT FIFTY-THREE PROJECTION!!! MUWAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

I have spoken.
UserPostedImage
PackersNation
2 years ago

The more I look at your final 53, oh, wait, you haven't the stones to share such a list. You do say it's my projection then come at me about WR1 as if it's a depth chart? Weak.

Article comes out recently about Tyler Davis and how Packers think they really have something and suddenly you're confused on Dafney over Davis. Hindsight sure is your crown.

In your reply you say it's a final 53 projection, yet you try coming at me as if it's a depth chart? Numbered lists are used to identify players per position. Nothing more. I left myself open for a lot of ridicule posting a 53 in freaking MAY, I'll be damned if I'm taking depth chart shots too here!!!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Wasn't any article that got me on Tyler Davis over Dafney. It was his play last season in limited action. I did hear Gute say: "We think we really have something in him", but that was in a presser and not a article.

Don't take offense to people replying to your posted 53 projection. That's why you posted it, to get a discussion going, no?

You already knew I disagree with Jonathan Ford on your 53 and Samori Toure not. Why did todays comment trigger you? I'm sorry.

I have other projections where I think you are off base, but I will save those. I don't want you to get you more upset. Thought this was a group of Packers fans discussing football. Not, let's get mad everytime PackerNation implies I'm wrong about something. We are all wrong a lot, that's why we aren't on the Packers payroll.

This is just entertainment.
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

Wasn't any article that got me on Tyler Davis over Dafney. It was his play last season in limited action. I did hear Gute say: "We think we really have something in him", but that was in a presser and not a article.

Don't take offense to people replying to your posted 53 projection. That's why you posted it, to get a discussion going, no?

You already knew I disagree with Jonathan Ford on your 53 and Samori Toure not. Why did todays comment trigger you? I'm sorry.

I have other projections where I think you are off base, but I will save those. I don't want you to get you more upset. Thought this was a group of Packers fans discussing football. Not, let's get mad everytime PackerNation implies I'm wrong about something. We are all wrong a lot, that's why we aren't on the Packers payroll.

This is just entertainment.

You have nothing to be sorry for, my bad for coming off too strong. What other projections do I have that are off-base in your opinion? I want to know what others think and add/remove. That's the fun in this! Saying things like "the more I realize how wrong he is" is just off-putting. You can disagree with what I laid down, but you cannot say it's wrong. It's an opinion. I'm free to have mine (even if I'm full of shit), that doesn't mean it's wrong.

Just don't ever tell me I think Cobb is a damn WR1, lol. I haven't ever considered him a WR1 at any point in his career. Them fighting words!

I actually had a hard time picking 25 guys for defense. I had to use the Packers roster lineup to fill it out, haha.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago
Packers will have Tariq Carpenter start his NFL career at the inside linebacker position.

Whatever, Matt LaFleur!! I said he's a Safety, so he is a SAFETY!!!
UserPostedImage
PackersNation
2 years ago

Packers will have Tariq Carpenter start his NFL career at the inside linebacker position.

Whatever, Matt LaFleur!! I said he's a Safety, so he is a SAFETY!!!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

He a full-time special teamer once September hits. So, him being in the ILB room this summer really won't mean much.

Word is that Barry is going to use even less of the hybrid safety/ILB types like Carpenter in the defense now. More cats like Dre and Quay Walker at both ILB spots.

So yeah, don't expect to see Carpenter on the grass much this season at ILB after camp and preseason games.
beast
2 years ago

He a full-time special teamer once September hits. So, him being in the ILB room this summer really won't mean much.

Word is that Barry is going to use even less of the hybrid safety/ILB types like Carpenter in the defense now. More cats like Dre and Quay Walker at both ILB spots.

So yeah, don't expect to see Carpenter on the grass much this season at ILB after camp and preseason games.

I agree with the full time STer, but disagree with that understanding of less use of the hybrid role, as all systems need that hybrid role in dime defenses.

I believe Barry is just getting completely away from having physical Safeties in the hybrid role and going to athletic LBers like Quay Walker and Carpenter in that role.

This is probably in large part due to Barry's play calling of going with light boxes, which make it easier to run but harder to pass against. So he wants LBers over Safeties so that the run defense doesn't get too much of a mismatch.

So Carpenter could be #2 guy, when they need a coverage LB, behind Quay Walker... that makes it possible he potentially could see the field with injuries.

UserPostedImage
PackersNation
2 years ago

I agree with the full time STer, but disagree with that understanding of less use of the hybrid role, as all systems need that hybrid role in dime defenses.

I believe Barry is just getting completely away from having physical Safeties in the hybrid role and going to athletic LBers like Quay Walker and Carpenter in that role.

This is probably in large part due to Barry's play calling of going with light boxes, which make it easier to run but harder to pass against. So he wants LBers over Safeties so that the run defense doesn't get too much of a mismatch.

So Carpenter could be #2 guy, when they need a coverage LB, behind Quay Walker... that makes it possible he potentially could see the field with injuries.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Barry uses dime about 20% of the time. Pettine was the big dime defense guy. This why 75% of the time there was only one true ILB on the field under Pettine. So glad he is gone.

Barry uses two true ILBs most of the time. Barry uses dime, but not near as much as Pettine did.

Dre, Quay Walker, Barnes, Summers, McDuffie...none of those cats are hybrid types. About 4 ILBs would have to get hurt before Carpenter sees the field in regular season.

Judging from reports yesterday at rookie camp, Carpenter looked lost out there. This cat was drafted at the request of Rich Bisaccia. Special teams is his home, if he even makes the squad.
beast
2 years ago

Quay Walker ...none of those cats are hybrid types.

This is where we disagree, I think that the Packers believe he is a hybrid type and they'll be using him as such. And he'll be used as the dime S/ILB hybrid role.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (17h) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (19h) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.