wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2 years ago

That's the way I take ALL of your posts!!

*Note: my post was also meant to be taken as funny, and not to be taken seriously... You know...like ALL of my posts!*
😁đŸ€ȘđŸ€ȘđŸ€ȘđŸ€Ș😜😁

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2 years ago

UserPostedImage

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I'm OFFENDED that you are offended!!!😁😜đŸ€Ș
UserPostedImage
2 years ago
Wow....Sporting News does not like the pick...

22. Green Bay Packers (from Raiders): Quay Walker, LB, Georgia

Grade: D

This is another questionable first-rounder for the Packers, who were a bit handcuffed by the major wide receiver run in the top 18 picks. They did need some inside linebacker pop next to De’Vondre Campbell, but they reached big-time for Walker when more dynamic college teammate Nakobe Dean and better overall prospect Devin Lloyd were still available. They also could have “won” by pivoting to the strength at edge rusher, led by Florida State’s Jermaine Johnson. Walker can turn out to be a pretty good player, but he could have been had deep into Day 2. Brian Gutekunst nearly matches the Jordan Love pick with this one.

My comments: [list][*]It remains to be seen whether Love is a bust....I don't think so. He just had not had a big body of work and there is no substitute for live reps. I would much rather have him than anyone in this draft and most in the last draft R E L A X[*]My people at the U of G who happen to be die hard Packer fans think QW is really really good and can do whatever is asked[*]I am not crazy about the Wonderlic[*]Perhaps because of his excellent pass coverage numbers, he may be a unicorn of sorts who is especially valuable to the Packers. Now we will not have to play so much dime and be as susceptible to the run in those third down situations[/list]
Go Packers!!!!
Zero2Cool
2 years ago
1/22. Quay Walker, LB, Georgia (6, 8): Judging from their draft, the Packers were focused on reinforcing an offensive line threatened by the departures of Lucas Patrick, Dennis Kelly and Turner, the November reconstructive knee surgery for Jenkins and the uncertainty regarding Bakhtiari’s twice surgically-repaired knee.

The chances were excellent that if guard Zion Johnson or right tackle Trevor Penning had made it to No. 22, one of them would have been the Packers’ pick. The Chargers chose Johnson at No. 17 before the Saints took Penning at No. 19.

In the end, the Packers’ pick at No. 22 might have come down to inside linebacker Devin Lloyd, Devonte Wyatt or Walker.

Both Lloyd, who went No. 27 on a trade-up by the Jaguars, and Nakobe Dean (No. 83) finished well ahead of Walker in my linebacker poll of 17 scouts. A key factor in the vote was Dean’s preeminent ability to wear the green dot (direct the defense) and Lloyd’s generally perceived ability to do so. Evaluators didn’t regard Walker as a green-dot candidate, at least not early in his career.

Walker, a one-year starter on the loaded defense at Georgia, is the best run-and-hit linebacker in the draft. As the scouting clichĂ© goes, he’s hostile, mobile and agile. He’s also big (6-3 Âœ, 242), fast (4.52) and strong. He can play the run at him or play it sideline-to-sideline, rates as a strong tackler and is a hard worker, too.

The teams that weren’t as high on Walker focused on what they regarded as his questionable instincts. When compared to Dean, his partner as a stack backer for the Bulldogs, Walker has a slow trigger. He must improve his feel for the game, reduce his number of false steps and react faster, both in coverage and against the run.

His score of 9 on the Wonderlic test obviously raised a red flag for teams. They tended to associate it with the hesitation in his play. One club that did extensive work on Walker cited his inexperience at the position (17 starts) and insisted that his ability to learning wouldn’t be a problem. He was able to outrun some of his late reactions in the college game but that certainly will be harder to do in the NFL.

One evaluator drew a comparison between Walker and three recent first-round picks: Buffalo’s Tremaine Edmunds (6-4 1/2, 251, 4.55, 22 Wonderlic), the No. 16 pick in 2018; Seattle’s Jordyn Brooks (6-0, 240, 4.52, 10 Wonderlic), the No. 27 pick in 2020, and Washington’s Jamin Davis (6-3 Âœ, 234, 4.47, 14 Wonderlic), the No. 19 pick in 2021.

Edmunds already has been to two Pro Bowls. After a so-so rookie season, Brooks led the NFL in solo tackles with 109 last season playing the weak side next to Mike linebacker Bobby Wagner. Davis started eight games on the weak side and had a rough rookie season.

Like the other three, Walker will need considerable refinement with the expectation that by his second or third season his performance level will take off. He’ll presumably replace third-year man Krys Barnes on the weak side opposite Campbell in the base and nickel defenses and the departed Henry Black in some subpackages, again next to Campbell. With Campbell making all the calls, Walker can just play.

Lloyd (6-3, 237, 4.68) doesn’t have Walker’s speed but tested better in the jumps and more than doubled his Wonderlic score (20). As the first-place finisher in my poll, Lloyd was more productive and instinctive than Walker.

Four picks after Walker, the Jets drafted edge rusher Jermaine Johnson. Two scouts indicated Johnson left them cold after the interview process, which accounted perhaps for why he lasted until No. 26.
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
2 years ago

“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (13h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (14h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (15h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (15h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (16h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (18h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (18h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (22h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comℱ. All Rights Reserved.