wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
2 years ago

Gentlemen prefer blondes. At least, that's what they say. Now, I am certainly no gentleman, but, I always adhered to this statement anyway. At least, I did until August 6, 2006. Throughout my long and not particularly illustrious dating career, most the gals I went with (went with? good hell? who am I, Jimmy Freaking [...]
The post Four Draft Sleepers The Packers Should Consider  first appeared on PackersTalk.com .

Continue Reading @ PackersTalk 

PackersTalk wrote:

I agree that GB probably has a long list of sleepers to watch for. While the names on this list merit some consideration his monologue, whew. Stick to the facts guy.

David Bell–Wide Receiver–Purdue probably no sooner than the 3rd round. He is the 70th overall player on a consensus big board.

Trey Andersen–Linebacker–Montana State 76th overall. probably won't go before the 4th or 5th round. It's Montana State so he may not go until the 6th or 7th. Again he messes up and calls him "Trey" instead of "Troy". If these are your guys to watch at the very least, get their names and schools correct. That's better than some glib comments about blondes, brunettes and bananas in someone's pocket.

Max Mitchell–Offensive Tackle–Louisiana 112 overall. He said Louisiana but it's Louisiana-Lafayette so 5th or 6th round at best and more than likely 7th or UDFA.

Britian Covey–Wide Receiver–Utah 415 overall. Seriously? 7 years in college. Not going to happen. UDFA at best.
UserPostedImage
beast
2 years ago
I wouldn't nessarily down grade them just because they went to small schools, after all Nick Collins was from Bethune-Cookman, wherever that is...

Trey Andersen was all conference as a QB (running QB) as a freshmen and focused on RB/LB after that... but his first full season focusing solely on LB and he absolutely lit it up, and being able to run a 4.42 at 245 lbs, while he's still under developed, I don't think anyone knows how high his ceiling is. As he simply more athletic than those he was playing with, but he could be more athletic than most guys his size too.

Max Mitchell has great technique, and I think could be a very good OL, though I don't know if he can stay at OT I'm the pros or not. Though I am considered with some small school OTs and maybe even some of the Pac-12 OTs as I'm not sure they're faced enough quality edge rushers.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
2 years ago

I wouldn't nessarily down grade them just because they went to small schools, after all Nick Collins was from Bethune-Cookman, wherever that is...

Trey Andersen was all conference as a QB (running QB) as a freshmen and focused on RB/LB after that... but his first full season focusing solely on LB and he absolutely lit it up, and being able to run a 4.42 at 245 lbs, while he's still under developed, I don't think anyone knows how high his ceiling is. As he simply more athletic than those he was playing with, but he could be more athletic than most guys his size too.

Max Mitchell has great technique, and I think could be a very good OL, though I don't know if he can stay at OT I'm the pros or not. Though I am considered with some small school OTs and maybe even some of the Pac-12 OTs as I'm not sure they're faced enough quality edge rushers.

Originally Posted by: beast 

fair enough. SOME small school players make it. Most don't. I have not seen any of these players. I'm merely playing the odds.
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
2 years ago

“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
wpr
  • wpr
2 years ago

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

People go nuts over the RAS. All I want to know is can he run good crisp routes and can he catch everything thrown his way? Some of the RAS events are meaningless. For example I have yet to see any receiver broad jump to get open or to catch a ball.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2 years ago

People go nuts over the RAS. All I want to know is can he run good crisp routes and can he catch everything thrown his way? Some of the RAS events are meaningless. For example I have yet to see any receiver broad jump to get open or to catch a ball.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

That's true, but Gutey is an analytics guy. He figures his coaches can get production out of these guys who score well on athletic traits.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
2 years ago

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I believe the jumps are to show different types of explosiveness.

But from what I've read of the WR, they used him like we used MVS, use your speed to go deep all the time, both for.deep balls but also to keep the Safeties back to open up the underneath stuff. So his routes are underdeveloped as he was used as a one trick pony, but he's good at that trick and we need that trick in our offense.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago
I do not know what the RAS is, how it's formed or what not, but there's been enough evidence to support Brian Gutekunst drafts players with a higher RAS, therefore, it merits some attention.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2 years ago

I do not know what the RAS is, how it's formed or what not, but there's been enough evidence to support Brian Gutekunst drafts players with a higher RAS, therefore, it merits some attention.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Relative athletic score. "Quick twitch" guys v "try hard" guys. Power Sweep podcast does an overview of each position in the draft focusing on these guys in three categories.

1: RAS guys with production

2: RAS guys who didn't produce big numbers (Rashan Gary, as an example)

3: Guys who had big production numbers, but didn't hit the RAS measurements.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
PackersNation
2 years ago

That's true, but Gutey is an analytics guy.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I've heard Brian Gutekunst called a lot of things, but that's the first I've seen him called a analytics guy.

I've never heard Gute focus on stats or specific patterns in stats or data. He wants to see a player play more than analyze data.

Brian is old school like Ted was. Gute learned all he knows from Ted. They go off seeing a player play in person, and the character of the player matters as much as anything.

Gute still travels near as much as when he was a scout. Not a lot of GMs see players play in person as much as Gute does. There are GMs that draft players having never talked to them personally. Not Gute.

Numbers and specific data patterns are not big on his list of things he focuses on when scouting players.

I may call LaFleur more of a analytics guy than Brian. But Brian does take his coaches thoughts and opinions into account as well.

Anyway, as for sleeper picks. I like Leo Chenal more than that Troy Andersen clown. Get Leo in the 3rd and it would be a steal for Gute. The Steelers love him and may nab him in the 2nd though. The Steelers know very well the return you get on Wisconsin natives. Not as much of a "sleeper" pick, as he is a stud player and high quality individual that you want on your team.
Fan Shout
dhazer (2h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (3h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (3h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (19h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (22h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (23h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
30m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.