nerdmann
2 years ago

Late in Mike McCarthy’s coaching tenure, Rodgers was forced to carry the Packers on his back. This was due to the offense being stale and ineffective. That led to McCarthy being fired and the hiring of Matt LaFleur. He’s done very well in taking the pressure off Aaron with a quarterback-friendly system. Still, despite that, Rodgers feels like he must play hero ball even when he doesn’t need to.

In 2019, the Packers won 13 games despite Aaron Rodgers not playing at an elite level. Rodgers has to accept that the Packers, as of right now under Matt LaFleur, can win games without him having to carry the team. He has to stop putting pressure on himself to do everything when he doesn’t have to anymore. That has to change if the Packers want to be in another Super Bowl.

Link 
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
2 years ago
1) Bullshit

2) Yes 2019 was so much different and better, the Packers went undefeated in the playoffs until they lost to the 49ers in the playoffs.... whoops 😬 🤔 maybe not so different after all.

Rodgers sucking more on purpose and letting the defense carry the team isn't going to help the team. All players need to do the best they can.

Also you bitch about him not hitting the open guy... and now you're bitching him about hitting Adams too often because he's the one open!

Which is it? Hit the open guy? Or don't go to the same guy too often?

I swear, this is Goldilocks and the TWO Bears... Because there is no middle option.

Rodgers is deemed as shit because the WRs couldn't get open...
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2 years ago

1) Bullshit

2) Yes 2019 was so much different and better, the Packers went undefeated in the playoffs until they lost to the 49ers in the playoffs.... whoops 😬 🤔 maybe not so different after all.

Rodgers sucking more on purpose and letting the defense carry the team isn't going to help the team. All players need to do the best they can.

Also you bitch about him not hitting the open guy... and now you're bitching him about hitting Adams too often because he's the one open!

I swear, this is Goldilocks and the TWO Bears... Because there is no middle option.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Should I repost the video of him passing up Lazard wide open over the middle?

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
dyeah_gb
2 years ago

1) Bullshit

Rodgers has underperformed in the playoffs. He is also not the only reason for the dissapointing postseason losses. It is correct though that something needs to change in the way Rodgers handles these high pressure games. He has the skills to be like Tom Brady and just make it look easy. We have seen him do it.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
beast
2 years ago

Should I repost the video of him passing up Lazard wide open over the middle?

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Or the video you posted as proof of Rodgers passing over open targets despite the video editor specifically stating the bigger problem was wide receivers weren't getting open?

Congratulations, you can find one or two plays in an entire game where someone isn't perfect, but it's straight up asinine to think that a very small cherry picked plays proves you right when the 90%+ proves you're wrong.
UserPostedImage
beast
2 years ago

Rodgers has underperformed in the playoffs. He is also not the only reason for the dissapointing postseason losses. It is correct though that something needs to change in the way Rodgers handles these high pressure games. He has the skills to be like Tom Brady and just make it look easy. We have seen him do it.

Originally Posted by: dyeah_gb 

Yes, but one of the points the article was making it Rodgers should be more like the 2019 Rodgers instead of the 2020 or 2021 Rodgers, which is just stupid.

He has had disappointing playoff losses in all three seasons, so there is no change in that aspect.

UserPostedImage
dhazer
2 years ago
Geez I remember alot of times you would hear them say Favre threw him open hell I remember them saying that about Rodgers when he was younger, he would thread the needle to get the guy open but he doesn't do that anymore he is to worried about self accomplishments as we have seen.

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2 years ago

Or the video you posted as proof of Rodgers passing over open targets despite the video editor specifically stating the bigger problem was wide receivers weren't getting open?

Congratulations, you can find one or two plays in an entire game where someone isn't perfect, but it's straight up asinine to think that a very small cherry picked plays proves you right when the 90%+ proves you're wrong.

Maybe you missed the other video showing about 10 of them, in which he also states that there were more.

What's asinine is to claim Rodgers doesn't revert to sandlot football, when he's been doing so since 2015.
beast
2 years ago

Maybe you missed the other video showing about 10 of them, in which he also states that there were more.

What's asinine is to claim Rodgers doesn't revert to sandlot football, when he's been doing so since 2015.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

And who's making that claim that Rodgers doesn't do sandlot plays at times?

I haven't seen anyone state that, and we both agreed that TD run against the Rams was sandlot bullshit.

Also, sandlot was part of Mike McCarthy system of extending the play, so it happened a lot sooner than 2015.

That being said, exactly what more talented QB doesn't do sandlot plays at times? You can name a single one.

What QB doesn't sometimes hold the ball hoping something else will open up?

The BS complaints against Rodgers can be made about any of the best QB in the NFL, because I'm reality, they're more BS complaints about how the results, and not like someone else could actually do better.
UserPostedImage
Pugger
2 years ago

Geez I remember alot of times you would hear them say Favre threw him open hell I remember them saying that about Rodgers when he was younger, he would thread the needle to get the guy open but he doesn't do that anymore he is to worried about self accomplishments as we have seen.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

Huh? We've seen him thread the needle many times just this past season. All he needs to do is do this in the playoffs.

What makes you believe he is only worried about self accomplishments?
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (5h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (6h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (7h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (7h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (10h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (10h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (14h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (14h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
35m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

40m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.