Zero2Cool
2 years ago

Wednesday's press-conference diatribe directed at MVP voter Hub Arkush obscured other comments from Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers that are far more significant to his future career prospects. As Simms and I have discussed recently, Rodgers may have a hard time finding a better situation than his current one in 2022.

“The grass is greener where you water it,” Rodgers said. “I really believe that. And you know, that’s an adage to dissuade people from going out and taking risk and chances, and you know, I think that where you spend your time and energy and what you choose to water will always be the greenest part of your life. I decided when I came back that I was going to be all in with the team and all in to see things move forward to a better place. And that’s what the conversations were about, you know, during the offseason, was about being a part of those conversations that impact my ability to do my job. And I, you know, from one of the first days, Brian [Gutekunst] and I sat it down and got on the same page and it’s been a really nice Fall and Winter. I appreciate his approach, how it’s been, and it’s been very meaningful to me. So I’m thankful for that relationship, where it’s at at this point, and that’s made my life that much more enjoyable. So I gotta give Brian a lot of credit for meeting me in the middle.”

Continue Reading @ Mike Florio 

Mike Florio wrote:

I kind of have to agree. Do you?
 image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
UserPostedImage
2 years ago
I hope so and that's all I have to say
beast
2 years ago
Yeah Rodgers supposively seemed to talk part of the blame for the miscommunications with management, making it sound like he should of went to them and talked more directly about having more input into decisions.

I really think Rodgers hyping up Kumerow in his interviews was his way of telling the team to keep this guy... and they didn't get that message, or the understanding of what it meant to Rodgers, and Rodgers didn't realize he needed to go directly talk to them...

But we got his best friend, Cobb back and I think we could argue Cobb when healthy has been the #2 WR in terms of receiving yardage.

Though it still feels like it's
#1 Adams
#2 Adams
#3 Cobb/Jones/Dillon
#4 MVS/Lazard
#5 Everyone else

Though this scheme makes the RBs checkdown a higher priority, as part of the system.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

Yeah Rodgers supposively seemed to talk part of the blame for the miscommunications with management, making it sound like he should of went to them and talked more directly about having more input into decisions.

I really think Rodgers hyping up Kumerow in his interviews was his way of telling the team to keep this guy... and they didn't get that message, or the understanding of what it meant to Rodgers, and Rodgers didn't realize he needed to go directly talk to them...

But we got his best friend, Cobb back and I think we could argue Cobb when healthy has been the #2 WR in terms of receiving yardage.

Though it still feels like it's
#1 Adams
#2 Adams
#3 Cobb/Jones/Dillon
#4 MVS/Lazard
#5 Everyone else

Though this scheme makes the RBs checkdown a higher priority, as part of the system.

Originally Posted by: beast 

I think you're spot on there. I think if he really wanted Kumerow on the roster, he should have told the front office, not only the reporters. I gotta believe talking with Brian over the last few months he realizes that.
UserPostedImage
beast
2 years ago

I think you're spot on there. I think if he really wanted Kumerow on the roster, he should have told the front office, not only the reporters. I gotta believe talking with Brian over the last few months he realizes that.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

True, but there was also one report (and I think Stephen A. Smith said he had this from a very direct source) that Rodgers went to talk to management, and he was professional told you go focus on your job, and we'll focus on ours, basically given the cold shoulder.

Which this story could be completely BS, or maybe Rodgers felt like he had attempted to talk to the front office and they brushed him off, or Rodgers or someone felt like they brushed him off either way had piss poor communication between them.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

True, but there was also one report (and I think Stephen A. Smith said he had this from a very direct source) that Rodgers went to talk to management, and he was professional told you go focus on your job, and we'll focus on ours, basically given the cold shoulder.

Which this story could be completely BS, or maybe Rodgers felt like he had attempted to talk to the front office and they brushed him off, or Rodgers or someone felt like they brushed him off either way had piss poor communication between them.

Unfortunately, Stephen A. Smith and proven to me to be entertainment focused, not informative or educational. I say unfortunate because when people are such clowns it makes it hard to trust anything they say, even if it is true.
UserPostedImage
beast
2 years ago

Unfortunately, Stephen A. Smith and proven to me to be entertainment focused, not informative or educational. I say unfortunate because when people are such clowns it makes it hard to trust anything they say, even if it is true.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I don't disagree, what made me believe this was the delivery... it was sorta like we come out here to entertain and put on a show, but this is an actual exclusive were a friend in the know told me this directly ...

So I completely agree with your comments, but the delivery was like them admitting that's how we normally are, but this is different, when he gave that story. That's why I give it some possible creditability, otherwise I would absolutely agree with you.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

I don't disagree, what made me believe this was the delivery... it was sorta like we come out here to entertain and put on a show, but this is an actual exclusive were a friend in the know told me this directly ...

So I completely agree with your comments, but the delivery was like them admitting that's how we normally are, but this is different, when he gave that story. That's why I give it some possible creditability, otherwise I would absolutely agree with you.

I could see Rodgers coming to them saying he really wanted Kumerow and they front office saying they have to consider other factors (e.g. special teams) to consider and developing young players and Rodgers interpreting that as being told "you have your job, we have ours".

Either way, something to consider for sure, but the source is someone I avoid.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2 years ago
I think Aaron has had some time to think about it. (Since April) He is a very smart man. He realizes there isn't another place he can play where he is going to be better off than in GB. He might be happier on the Left Coast closer to home. But they will need to gut the team to do a deal. LAC, LAR and SF have their QB of the future already. Nearer to the west cost teams such as AZ & KC do too. Seattle? What do they do with Wilson? Vegas? Same issue. Will have to dump Carr. Denver? Perhaps. But then I don't see how they are a better option to get to the SB.

UserPostedImage
bboystyle
2 years ago

I think Aaron has had some time to think about it. (Since April) He is a very smart man. He realizes there isn't another place he can play where he is going to be better off than in GB. He might be happier on the Left Coast closer to home. But they will need to gut the team to do a deal. LAC, LAR and SF have their QB of the future already. Nearer to the west cost teams such as AZ & KC do too. Seattle? What do they do with Wilson? Vegas? Same issue. Will have to dump Carr. Denver? Perhaps. But then I don't see how they are a better option to get to the SB.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Not true. SF is a better team to go to and Jimmy G is not a set in stone starter there. They would easily replacd his with Rodgers and this past off season showed it
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (8h) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (12h) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (14h) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (17h) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (18h) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

20h / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.