"Heatherthepackgirl" wrote:

LT you are rude!! -1

"longtimefan" wrote:

:thumbleft:
Heatherthepackgirl
15 years ago

1). It takes a whole team to win games.

"wils0646" wrote:

Sure, but Brett didn't really help the cause. If he would have played decent, they may have beaten a couple of more teams.

2). Yes, some of those interceptions shouldnt have been thrown, but name me one QB that dont throw them from time to time so does that mean all those QB's should retire?

No, usually veteran QBs that throw rookie-like INTs are veterans that are in decline. Favre showed his age this year. He didn't just throw INTs time to time either. He led the league by 4 picks.

3). Favre still has arm strength

That really doesn't mean anything if you aren't making good decisions. Take Jeff George for an example.

4). Still has that competitive edge to win games

Ok, but he didn't show it the latter part of the year, which was the most important for the Jets.

5). Hes a great leader

Doesn't matter if you don't win.

6). Some of those interceptions were not all on him, meaning offensive line broke down and Favre was taking hits.

7). Maybe the recievers were not on the same page as Favre in some of his throws especially early on there were many throws by Favre that should have been caught and dropped.

Im in noway saying that Favre is perfect, he has never been in his career. Some of those interceptions were on him, but some not.

So what? Every QB has those things happen to them. Favre takes chances, but some of his throws this year are mind-numbing. He's showing his age mentally and physically.

Thanks wils0646 at least you werent rude. :)

No, Brett didnt help the cause I agree with you, but when every QB throws an interception they dont help the cause either.

How can you tell when a QB throws an interception if its a rookie like mistake or not? I think all QB's would like to take their interceptions back.

Ok, but he didn't show it the latter part of the year, which was the most important for the Jets. But the "whole" team didnt show it, so why is that only on Brett Favre?

I understand what you are saying Wils, but it still comes down to a "team" sport, I am not trying to defend Brett Favre totally, I agree he had some interceptions that shouldnt have been. But I wouldnt go as far to say as hes finished, that he still dont have what it takes to win games. Just my viewpoint is all. But again thanks for NOT being rude. 🙂
Heathiee
Heatherthepackgirl
15 years ago

Can someone else take this ^^^

"longtimefan" wrote:

LT you are rude!! -1

:thumbleft:

"longtimefan" wrote:

Right back at you :thumbright: !!! With this thrown in :wickedfart: !!
Heathiee
longtimefan
15 years ago
Hey H, did you notice he broke down every point you made, just like I always did..

And you always hated that
Heatherthepackgirl
15 years ago

Hey H, did you notice he broke down every point you made, just like I always did..

And you always hated that

"longtimefan" wrote:

Nope didnt hate the way he did it.. 🙂
Heathiee
longtimefan
15 years ago
if 2 tds and 9 ints in last 5 games is high level of play

what is 11 tds and 4 ints in last 5 games?
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago

2). Yes, some of those interceptions shouldnt have been thrown, but name me one QB that dont throw them from time to time so does that mean all those QB's should retire?

I would be willing to wager an entire paycheck that there has never been another veteran quarterback about whom this was said with a straight face after he went through a stretch of 5 games in which he threw 2 TDs against 9 INTs.

No NFL quarterback has ever been accorded this kind of treatment. Even the all-time greats would have been crucified after this kind of dismal stretch.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
15 years ago

I'd hate to say it but Favre looks "done". I put up a post a few weeks ago asking if his age had finally caught up to him. Maybe it has?

I will stand corrected if it turns out he was injured but if he has no injury, I think its time to hang it up (because after the Titans game, he looked fantastic, like an MVP candidate).

He can still make a lot of good throws that most QBs can't but there are a lot of throws where he just didn't "have" it anymore.

He came back, led a team that was 4-12 to 9-7 and started with them a couple days before the first preseason game. He gave it his best and cudos for him for taking up the task of going to NY and a 4-12 team and trying to turn it around. The team has a lot more problems than Favre I have noticed in the games I have watched. Their pass defense is one of the worst I've ever seen, the coaching is beyond subpar, etc. But the last few weeks, he has played horrible, probably one of, if not the worst stretch I've ever seen him play.

He gave it his best, I will always remember him as a GB Packer as will most rational Packers fans but if its not an injury, I think its time to hang it up.

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

+1.
Agree with a lot of it.

I'm just wondering the extent of his injuries. I'd love to see him come back another year if it's something he can overcome. If not, I worry about his long-term health and question whether it's even worth it.

Yeah, the Jets aren't that good. A lot of dumb coaching moves, bad pass D, etc. And he looked awful those last five games. Really bad. 😞
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
ILikeThePackers39
15 years ago
Man, the hate for Favre is freaky.

On topic: I think what we saw this year is pretty similar to what we saw in '05-'06. In '07 he made his decision early and re-dedicated himself to playing at a high level. Dude worked his ass off, and gave it everything he had, and it showed on the field. He said it himself in his retirement presser - at this point in his career it takes a hell of a lot of effort to be ready for the NFL juggernaut. He wasn't sure he had it in him to do it again.

And he didn't do it again - this year he was on the shelf for most of the offseason (and to be fair, at least half that time it was by his choice), and it showed.

So I'd say that it's all about whether he's willing/able to rededicate himself one more time, and put all that work in for one more year. If so, and pending the other stuff that'll have to go on in Jets-land (aren't they over the cap as it stands now?), I think he could come back and put a great season together, like he did in '07.

The question is: Does he have enough left? Is it worth it? Only one person knows, and he doesn't post on this board.
blank
Pack93z
15 years ago

Man, the hate for Favre is freaky.

"ILikeThePackers39" wrote:

I don't understand the hate on either side of the Favre saga.. for either Brett or Ted.

It was a study in piss poor communication between two adults.. feed along by the media and got to a point where it wasn't repairable..

They divorced and moved on.. one would hope that the fan base might as well soon. Wouldn't you.

Brett wouldn't have saved our season by all accounts and he gave us a parting gift in return as a 3rd round pick.

I understood the emotion through August.. but come on... join the rest of us in the 09 offseason.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (19h) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (20h) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.