go.pack.go.
15 years ago

Is it possible this is his escape clause from football? Maybe he is realizing how hard it is to keep going at his age. He has looked tired the last half of the season in 2007 and 2008. This injusy and possible surgery could be a way to get out with an excuse.

"Fred" wrote:

What's Aaron Rodgers excuse for looking shaky, confused, and un-unable to win games and make come back wins for the Packers?

Lack of talent?

Oh..that's right.

It's everybody else's fault, even when it's his fault.

"DGB454" wrote:

You always find a way to compare Brett with Aaron. No matter where it is, you're always comparing the two. And that's definitely not fair. I really hate it when people like you join this forum.
UserPostedImage
TheEngineer
15 years ago

"Favre has been nursing a sore shoulder all season, but it has not been thoroughly tested"
ESPN

Makes sense, Brett Favre has been hit and sacked more times this year than I can remember. The Jets are not that great at pass protection.

I'm sure there are some here who will scoff at that, but kind of shoots a hole in those that are saying he's "washed up", "done", and "doesn't have it anymore".

"Fred" wrote:

No, if anything it further cements the fact that Favre is slipping from his mantle as one of the upper echelon QBs.

Let's consider the fact that Favre is well regarded as an ironman, the gunslinger, one of the strongest arms in the NFL.

Now, he's complaining that he may be injured all season, that his arm doesn't have the strength anymore.

Kind of a textbook definition of "doesn't have it anymore" if you ask me.

I bet you'll twist this thread into some sort of Aaron Rodgers attack though. Oh wait, you already did. Bravo.
blank
Heatherthepackgirl
15 years ago
Its so funny, if we are talking about Rodgers or Favre seems to me everyone blames the QB's for a game lose. It shouldnt be that way IMO, everyone has a hand in winning and loosing a game.

I think Rodgers had a good year, he has proven this year he can play at a high level, and will get better with experience. As for Favre, he maybe tired but when you see him on the field he still has that competitive streak in him, if someone sacks him is he always looking up to see if the ball was caught. Everything that he had to learn this season, a new playbook, new players that he had to get on the same page with and sometimes that takes a few years to get that chemistry. I still think if he has the protection he still has a very strong arm and is very accurate. Has he made some bad throws/decisions this season? YES he has, but all QB's do. But it also takes a whole team to win a game. I hope he comes back for one more year with the Jets, they also will get better with the first year under their belts.

Its not fair to compare Rodgers wtih Favre, Rodgers dont have the experience that Favre has, give Rodgers a few more years and he will be an elite QB as well. I see only good things for him and I hope he stays healthy, I hope ALL players stay healthy you never want to see someone get hurt. I just enjoy football, before you know it, its done for the season and the long wait for it to return is a killer.
Heathiee
DGB454
15 years ago
I hope he comes back one more year too HPG. Dispite what certain others think of me I do still like to watch him play. I love his love for the game. I would like to see him go out on top. I don't see the Jets going far into the post season this year but maybe next season they will. Hopefully the injury to his shoulder is minor and rest will be all he needs.

My earlier "bash" was kind of tounge in cheek due to the unwarranted reply I got from my first post.
Cheesey
15 years ago

Is it possible this is his escape clause from football? Maybe he is realizing how hard it is to keep going at his age. He has looked tired the last half of the season in 2007 and 2008. This injusy and possible surgery could be a way to get out with an excuse.

"Fred" wrote:

What's Brett Favre's excuse for looking shaky, confused, and un-unable to win games and make come back wins for the Jets?

Lack of talent?

Oh..that's right.

It's everybody else's fault, even when it's his fault.

"DGB454" wrote:

Just wanted to make it look like you made your first unbiased post.
UserPostedImage
gbpfan
15 years ago
whoo I think brett did fine this year,but when i was watching,the games early in the year and seeing him get banged around,knew it would affect his play which it did,when you don't have the protection look at pennington when he was with the jets both shoulders,so it is not a surprise with brett,and what some may look at as dazed and confused just feel bretts heart is in greenbay but will give his all for the jets,that is the person he is.I know the drama but at least he didn't pout like a t.o when things didn't go right in a game he justr got up and played.
longtimefan
15 years ago

You know... maybe this is all a cover up and he's just playing bad because of the... Madden Curse!

"Rockmolder" wrote:

I think your right
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

8h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

10h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

10h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

14h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

14h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.