Orygunfan76
15 years ago
Wow, just wow!
blank
Greg C.
15 years ago
The funny thing is, after resigning myself to my fate during the past couple games, I came back to life during this one. I REALLY, REALLY wanted the Packers to win. I NEEDED them to win. They clearly outplayed the Bears. And they somehow lost anyway. It was as if the scoreboard was somehow wrong.

Regular season games against division rivals do matter, even when your team is out of it. A win would've been a nice consolation prize for this nightmare season. The loss makes it a total nightmare. Now the Packers end the season against the 0-15 Lions. It's mighty hard to get excited about that one.
blank
all_about_da_packers
15 years ago

If Mike McCarthy is fired at the end of next season, it won't be because of injuries, it won't be because of turnovers, it won't be because of missed field goals. It will be because he plays not to lose.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

How on earth would you have called a different game on offense?

They were plenty aggressive, played with a desperation. They executed well for the most part on O.
Mike McCarthy is not the reason we lost this game.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Cheesey
15 years ago
In that situation, you THINK your FG kicker can make the kick.
But this season, so little has gone right, what can go wrong, does.
UserPostedImage
blueleopard
15 years ago
It doesn't help that Favre can't beat the Niners, Raiders, and Seattle either.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Pack93z
15 years ago
Greg.. this is the calmest game I have watched all season.. I was even keeled till late.. then the emotions got up and I became pissed again.. this 08 team is trimming years off my life.. :lol:

We just can't figure out a way to seal a win... I fear the 0-15 Lions.. :lol:
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
DanJustDan29
15 years ago
The worst part is going to be listening to the Mike McCarthy press conf.

We have some things to work on, we will do that and come out Sunday looking for a win.
Teamwork is what the Green Bay Packers were all about. They didn't do it for individual glory. They did it because they loved one another. -Vince Lombardi
Cheesey
15 years ago

The worst part is going to be listening to the Mike McCarthy press conf.

We have some things to work on, we will do that and come out Sunday looking for a win.

"DanJustDan29" wrote:

And.........."Our pad level was too high".
UserPostedImage
gopackgo212
15 years ago
Fire McCarthy. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSEEEEEEE

In all these years I've never seen a coach turn into such a pansy in the 4th quarter 4 WEEKS IN A ROW

We ran the most CONSERVATIVE plays POSSIBLE THROUGHOUT the 4th quarter on offense AGAIN. Thanks to the horsecaller/late hit, we had plenty of time to go for the touchdown. How the hell is a kick in -11 degree wind chills in Chicago from 38 yards out against a team who absolutely has to block it for dear life a good idea? I knew it wasn't going in the moment we ran the ball on 3rd down. I bet you one playaction in the final 2 minutes would have won the game.

We had a chances to blow the game open after the int. too. We go backwards instead.

The defensive playcalling doesn't look any better. How many completed passes over all of about 6 yards did the bears have all game? So logically at the end of the game and in overtime we should just drop back and give them the dumpoffs and the running plays eh?

It's just incredible how a team this talented can execute so well and then all because of 2 pansies running the team, we blow it every time.

I mean I wouldn't be this upset if this happened in one week, or even two weeks. But you would think when this happens every single damn week, that our coach would learn SOMETHING. But he DOESN'T! And when you go this long without learning one damn thing, you deserve to get fired. I'm going all out rooting for the Lions next week just to see his fat face when he blows it again.
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago

How on earth would you have called a different game on offense?

"all_about_da_packers" wrote:

The season was already over. In the waning moments, put the ball in Rodgers' hand and let him make a play. Game after game, McCarthy tries to run out the clock and kick a field goal, instead of letting the best red-zone QB in the league toss one into the end zone. It shows an unconscionable lack of confidence in a QB who's given him no reason not to be confident -- it's a slap in the face, really.

Also, someone please explain to me why we're tossing long bombs early in the game on first downs and then handing off on thirds-and-long.
UserPostedImage
Users browsing this topic
    Fan Shout
    Zero2Cool (23h) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
    beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
    Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
    Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
    CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
    Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
    Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
    buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
    Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
    Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
    Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
    Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
    Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
    Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
    Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
    beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
    Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
    Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
    Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
    Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
    Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
    Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
    Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
    Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
    beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
    beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
    Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
    Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
    Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
    Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
    Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
    beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
    beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
    Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
    Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
    Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
    Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
    buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
    buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
    Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
    Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
    Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
    TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
    Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
    Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
    Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
    dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
    dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
    Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
    Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2024 Packers Schedule
    Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
    Eagles
    Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
    COLTS
    Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
    Titans
    Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
    Rams
    Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
    CARDINALS
    Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
    TEXANS
    Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
    Jaguars
    Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
    LIONS
    Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
    49ERS
    Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
    DOLPHINS
    Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
    Seahawks
    Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
    SAINTS
    Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
    Vikings
    Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
    BEARS
    Recent Topics
    16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.