MontanaBob
15 years ago
Ok, Ok.....let me try to sooth the feelings here. It's minus 18 outside with a minus 45 windchill and I had to warm up my wife's car before she headed to work. My brain was frozen.

I'm not saying that Rodgers is gone. I think he'll be here and be the starter. What I was just surmising was the fact that folks seem unhappy with Ted Thompson and McCarthy and IF (a big IF) they were to go, would a new coach and GM stick with what they have? Look what the big Tuna did in Miami....just as an example, he got rid of Jay Feely, a pretty good, reliable kicker and signed free agent Dan Carpentar, then brought in Pennington.
GM's are known to do some strange things.

Let's just scratch that last sentence I wrote. I myself think he'll do fine, but the team itself needs to step up.
Anyone for a Weenie Roast?
Cal2GreenBay
15 years ago
Thanks for the replies.

I am not saying Brett would've done better either.

I saw Mangini shaking his head yesterday as Favre heaved a pass
while falling backward and getting intercepted. AGAIN.

Yes..the Jets won IN SPITE of Favre yesterday.
But his overall body of work while in NY...with the wins over
the Titans and the Patriots...he played within himself
and let the team win.

I think Brett definitely has a ceiling on what he can do. His play
yesterday (interceptions, poor decisions) come with his overall
QB package.

However, his leadership qualities(D.Driver mentioned this).
and overall aura cause a .500 team like the Jets to overachieve.

What we need AARON to do is to make those around him better.

And I DO believe his shoulder is not 100%.

His throwing motion is very different than normal.
Aaron usually has a very compact motion...but lately,
you can tell he's using more elbow/shoulder to generate
power for the throw. I think it HAS affected his accuracy.

Kudos to him for not using that as an excuse...
BUT...

Eventhough Matt Ryan hasn't had 4th quarter comebacks...
His team is playoff bound
The GB packers are NOT...

Consistency from the QB position..as well as smart decisions
in the clutch and the sheer WILL to make things happen
is something intangible..that doesn't show up on the stat
sheet.

Even an old, mistake prone Brett Favre still has that intangible.
We're waiting for that to surface from Aaron.

I want him to go back to his throwing motion from CAL.

I also think he'll be fine and will continue to be the starter.

I also believe he's regressed a bit. He needs to get back to basics
and execute.
blank
Pack93z
15 years ago

Eventhough Matt Ryan hasn't had 4th quarter comebacks...

"Cal2GreenBay" wrote:

I think you are forgetting the :17 drive to beat the Bears...

But I get your drift... however I think there are issues about this team that need to be addressed to ensure every week doesn't come down to the 4th Quarter.

BTW.. if Rodgers shoulder isn't 100%.. he should be sitting.. with the contract we inked him to... we need nothing to damage that investment, not to mention Aaron's health itself.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Kendawg72
15 years ago
I am frustrated with Rodgers as well, I'm not going to put every loss we have against him, because LORD knows there is plenty of blame to go around, from McCarthy saying we have a messy house and apparently not able to clean it up, not to mention the amazing amount of penalties on both sides of the ball and our defense which has been absolutely horrible this season. However with all our problems I am not sold on Rodgers as of yet... we are 1 and 6 in games decided by a touchdown or less, sorry but not all of those losses can be blamed on the defense. Rodgers hasn't proven himself to be a clutch player. OK OK so it's his first year as a starter... yes I should cut him some slack, but giving this guy a boatload of money when he hasn't really proven a thing yet boggles my mind? To be honest if we had to let him go because his contract expired after this year would it have been that big of a loss?
Go Packers!
DarkaneRules
15 years ago
Well I still think the extension was poorly timed regardless of how the season unfolded. I think the vibe through the locker room was a bit divided after that.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
CDNRodgersfan
15 years ago
I am pretty relaxed this year but I do expect a big year from Aaron next year. I think 3 years sitting and one year playing is enough to now expect him to play like a top teir QB
dingus
15 years ago

Well I still think the extension was poorly timed regardless of how the season unfolded. I think the vibe through the locker room was a bit divided after that.

"DarkaneRules" wrote:

How would extending Rodgers affect the vibe in the locker room?
blank
DGB454
15 years ago
I have complete confidence in our QB. This is his first year and we all knew there would be ups and downs. We just didn't think it would be from the team as a whole. Leadership abilities comes with time. It's not a "god given" thing as some suggest. At least not in the sense that they are just there. One might possess certain traits to be a good leader but never get the chance or the time to bring them out. Favre has had time to hone his leadership abilities. Rodgers has had 1 season. Just wait. I see it in him and given time so will he and his team mates.
dingus
15 years ago

I have complete confidence in our QB. This is his first year and we all knew there would be ups and downs. We just didn't think it would be from the team as a whole. Leadership abilities comes with time. It's not a "god given" thing as some suggest. At least not in the sense that they are just there. One might possess certain traits to be a good leader but never get the chance or the time to bring them out. Favre has had time to hone his leadership abilities. Rodgers has had 1 season. Just wait. I see it in him and given time so will he and his team mates.

"DGB454" wrote:

I concur DGB, he's got the chops, he's had a year behind center, It'll all come together.
blank
Greg C.
15 years ago

"dingus" wrote:

How would extending Rodgers affect the vibe in the locker room?

"DarkaneRules" wrote:

Good question. I don't get it at all. I find it hard to believe that Rodgers' teammates would have a problem with him getting a contract extension. I've heard nothing but respect from them when discussing Rodgers. Like it or not, he is the franchise QB now, and franchise QB's get big contracts. They are the most valuable players in the NFL.
blank
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (13h) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (14h) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (14h) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (14h) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (15h) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.