KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
4 years ago
https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/Reports-Eliot-Wolf-Alonzo-Highsmith-Out-as-Front-Office-Changes-Start-142895583/ 
Reports: Wolf, Highsmith Out as Front Office Changes Start
ByJARED MUELLER Jan 29, 9:34 AM

UPDATE 4PM: After meeting with Wolf this afternoon, the team and Wolf have agreed to part ways, via multiple reports.

The Cleveland Browns hired Andrew Berry just two days ago and today, based on reports, have moved on from Eliot Wolf and Alonzo Highsmith from the front office:

Dustin Fox✔@DustinFox37
The Cleveland Browns and VP of Player Personnel Alonzo Highsmith have agreed to mutually part ways.

10:00 AM - Jan 29, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
280 people are talking about this
Shortly after Dustin Fox reported on Highsmith, Chris Mortensen added Wolf's name to the list before retracting:

Chris Mortensen ✔ @mortreport
https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/1222537404801781761 

The @Browns have decided to officially part ways with assistant GM Elliot Wolf and VP/personnel Alonzo Highsmith now that Andrew Berry has been hired as GM, per sources

Highsmith was interested in returning to the University of Miami, his alma mater, to help return that program to respectability but the school decided to not bring on the former running back. Many believe that his connection to the university played a big role in the team drafting Chad Thomas and Sheldrick Redwine in the past two drafts.

Wolf could remain with the Browns according to Mortensen's latest report but his fit with Berry could be interesting. Wolf is the son of legendary NFL executive Ron Wolf and was raised in the NFL lifestyle. He got his first job in the league at 22 years old and has worked his way up from there. Many expected he was in line to become the Green Bay Packers next general manager in 2018 but was passed over for the job before coming to Cleveland.

The Browns organization has sought to find alignment this offseason. That Highsmith and the team saw a disconnect between their philosophies and moved on is another sign of the desire for alignment.

As we understand, Chief Strategy Officer Paul DePodesta led the coaching search which ended up with Kevin Stefanski as the team's new head coach. DePodesta and Stefanski helped lead the general manager search which led to Berry's hire on Monday. Now, DePodesta, Berry and Stefanski have the task of aligning the rest of the organization with their shared vision.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Zero2Cool
4 years ago
Somehow, this message only has a link and no text at all. Horrible forum software to allow such uninformative postings. Scrap it all!
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
4 years ago

Zero2Cool - Somehow, this message only has a link and no text at all. Horrible forum software to allow such uninformative postings. Scrap it all!

Sorry I was lazy and really am not good at pasting stuff....I have tried to provide the salient points.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
dhazer
4 years ago
I feel so sorry for the Browns fans and players, the owner doesn't give coaches or gms time to establish anything. Seems like 2 years is max for life in Cleveland. Still wish we would have traded Rodgers to cleveland for their 3 #1s lol
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (8h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (8h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.