Zero2Cool
4 years ago
Click the link, read the quotes. Hmmm.

In the not-so-subtle disagreement between Packers coach Matt LaFleur and Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers regarding joint practices, Rodgers is the winner. As expected. After Thursday's preseason game against the Texans, LaFleur was asked to address Rodgers' pointed criticism of joint practices generally and, specifically, the inclusion of close-to-live kickoff drills. After joking that he and [more]

Continue Reading @ Mike Florio 

Mike Florio wrote:

UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
4 years ago
I am generally not a Florio fan. He, IMO is a muck-raker. Notwithstanding the foregoing, he wrote:

All that said, LaFleur should have had to say none of that publicly. Because Rodgers shouldn’t have publicly criticized the coach’s decision to conduct joint practices or the manner in which the joint practices were conducted.

...If Rodgers or any other quarterback has a concern about any decision(s) that his coach has made, the best way to handle it is to handle it privately. Any coach of any team at any level would agree with that.

Really, any manager of any business of any kind in any location would agree with that. Concerns about decisions made by the manager shouldn’t be aired out publicly, and any manager who gets called out publicly by one of the employees he manages will, if being candid, admit to being frustrated

The man has a point.

Aaron is old enough to realize that just because you are asked a question, you don't have to answer. If he had felt compelled to answer, he could have simply said, "I am not a big fan of these types of things." and left it at that.

In the grand scheme of things, it is a tempest in a teapot.

Nevertheless, Aaron, and all of us, need to be more careful of what we say with the full realization that vocalizing (or writing) our opinions may force others into awkward, or no-win, situations.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Cheesey
4 years ago
I think both Rodgers and the coach are feeling their way around to see just how far they can go. Rodgers, kind of like the child that wants to see just how much he can get away with before he ends up getting spanked.
My hope is that the coach calls him into the office and makes it clear that this won’t fly. If Aaron Rodgers has a problem with something the coach says or does, to talk with him behind closed doors. Don’t hang your dirty laundry out for all to see.
I’d rather see this now in the preseason then during the regular season when games count.
Get it taken care of now, before it becomes a real problem.
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
4 years ago
Everybody says to take care of all this behind closed doors. Who’s to say that things aren’t being dealt with behind closed doors? Is what Aaron said actually that bad? No.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
4 years ago

Everybody says to take care of all this behind closed doors. Who’s to say that things aren’t being dealt with behind closed doors? Is what Aaron said actually that bad? No.

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

It his horrible!!! We must not say anything for fear of those who have nothing better to do may twist those words from anthill to mountain!!

Everyone must be mute!! Silence! I keel you!
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
4 years ago

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

It is horrible!!! We must not say anything for fear of those who have nothing better to do may twist those words from anthill to mountain!!

Edit, cannot spell.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
4 years ago

It his horrible!!! We must not say anything for fear of those who have nothing better to do may twist those words from anthill to mountain!!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

SILENCE!!!!! Infidel!!!😂
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
4 years ago
Z2C.,,an Achmed fan!!! Love it
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Cheesey
4 years ago

Z2C.,,an Achmed fan!!! Love it

Originally Posted by: KRK 

KRK! You did not include me as a “Ackkkkk- Med” fan!!!.......i KEEL you too!!!😂
UserPostedImage
beast
4 years ago
On one hand, he has a point, this could of been handled internally and that would have been best for the team image and having to deal with questions... BUT

1) Who the hell is Florio to suggest someone shouldn't go public with their comments? I mean that's exactly how the hell he's made his money and living in the sports world at least... he's telling everyone to do what he says, and not what he does...

2) Rodgers clearly was commenting, not from a team perspective, but a Union perspective, saying this shit (the live STs practice drills) are unsafe (and the freaking head coach agreed with him!)

3) Which is more important, helping your coach save face or keeping your teammates healthy?

Florio (a huge players safety advocate) is ignoring the players safety part of this issue, to complain that Rodgers could have helped the head coach save face... and yes, Florio would probably argue that you could do both behind closed doors... but this way was less effort and more additional pressure... making it more effective to make sure you're keeping your teammates safer.

Does the amount of damage done to your head coach reputation, come anywhere close to potentially one single good/talented/helpful teammate being injured again if they let that continue?

If you're overanalyzing it like Florio is, then the answer might be maybe, for everyone who doesn't have their head stuck up their ass worrying about how everyone looks while doing their dirty jobs, then the answer is hell no.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (1h) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.